The online racing simulator
School, motivation, life issues
(33 posts, started )
Quote :NZ has always been my dream place.

Quote :I'd swap with you

Quote :I second this :-)

Grass is always greener, guys...

Having said that, I'd happily move to Cardiff tomorrow...
Quote from Gills4life :ROFL!

2 people on an internet forum and that makes every 17 year old the same? I am 17 but I don't go out on the piss, maybe once in a year during the holidays. I play football at a decent level so I have a reason not to. I don't go round looking to play the field of girls because I have a lovely girlfriend who I plan to be with long term. There are plenty of other 17 year olds like myself aswell. No need to be hostile about it, although it did make me laugh. If you're going to call someone a dick everytime he or she disagrees with you then good luck, not everyone will find it as funny as I do.

ROFL!

1 guy on an internet forum and that suddenly means all 17 year olds are like you?

See how that works?

I wasnt even talking about you in the first place when this discussion came up. But because you think you're the center of attention you decide to jump in.
Quote from DevilDare :ROFL!

1 guy on an internet forum and that suddenly means all 17 year olds are like you?

See how that works?

I wasnt even talking about you in the first place when this discussion came up. But because you think you're the center of attention you decide to jump in.

I never claimed all 17 year olds are like me though, there is quite a significant difference. I was making the point that we're not all how YOU perceive us to be. I won't ask if you see how that works because I don't have time for you to figure it out as I'm just about to drive nearly 800 miles to the top of the UK, but obviously I shall be doing that while drugged up with a girl riding my cock and music blaring out as loud as it can go because I am 17 and that's how you believe we all are, right? Yes, I obviously think I am the centre of attention, you got me! Although you did drag me into this having a sly dig and then pretend you weren't talking about me. Grow a pair! "Mr. Dicks4life", who else are you going to be referring to? Douche I don't post that regularly anyway, whereas you're posting very frequently, not always contributing anything to a discussion. Who's the real attention seeker here? I couldn't care less if you thought I was going around looking for attention. I mainly just read these forums now anyway incase there are updates (lol) and to check out the funny pics thread.

You're most likely going to post a sarcy but quite daft reply, but I won't be posting back as it's not fair on Sean after already hijacking his thread asking for help. Funny really, going back to my point about your lack of contribution and attention seeking, you are the first person to post here, just to go and say "uhm.... Honestly I have no idea."
Quote from Gills4life :I never claimed all 17 year olds are like me though, there is quite a significant difference. I was making the point that we're not all how YOU perceive us to be. I won't ask if you see how that works because I don't have time for you to figure it out as I'm just about to drive nearly 800 miles to the top of the UK, but obviously I shall be doing that while drugged up with a girl riding my cock and music blaring out as loud as it can go because I am 17 and that's how you believe we all are, right?

Ofcourse!

Quote :Yes, I obviously think I am the centre of attention, you got me! Although you did drag me into this having a sly dig and then pretend you weren't talking about me. Grow a pair! "Mr. Dicks4life", who else are you going to be referring to? Douche

Really? Please do point where I say your name, in my original post on this topic. You know, this one. (Had to link it as you are clearly too daft to even remember where this discussion came from)

Quote :I don't post that regularly anyway, whereas you're posting very frequently, not always contributing anything to a discussion. Who's the real attention seeker here? I couldn't care less if you thought I was going around looking for attention. I mainly just read these forums now anyway incase there are updates (lol) and to check out the funny pics thread.

You're most likely going to post a sarcy but quite daft reply, but I won't be posting back as it's not fair on Sean after already hijacking his thread asking for help. Funny really, going back to my point about your lack of contribution and attention seeking, you are the first person to post here, just to go and say "uhm.... Honestly I have no idea."

Yeah... Let me make life simpler for you once more...

Quote :" guess your best bet would be to finish what you can to the highest level in NZ and then move abroad.

"At best all there is to do here is work a pointless 9-5 job for the rest of your life, live in a modest looking house, drive a reasonably tidy looking ford mondeo or toyota camry (currently drive a toyota estima eggvan, for taking the guys out to parties, hauling bass gear etc.) and get on the piss every weekend..."

Doesnt sound too bad. Good life.

I guess you mean that it sounds boring. Same routine day in day out. Well, I got some bad news for you... Honestly no matter what job you take in the end, or whatever route in you life, it will be the same. Thats how I see it anyway.

What difference it makes if you do a 9-5 in NZ with your friends, or do a 24h shift working on an F1 car? Sure it will be more "fun" and enjoyable, but I think after a while it just becomes the same ol'."

Sorry if you cant see past the first few lines of my post.

But ey! I got a solution! Yes! The genius has awaken.

vBulletin has this awesome "Ignore" feature! Do use it! Its made to filter trolls like me!
Quote from S3ANPukekoh3 :Ok, If you could start over from the age of 17, what would you do?

If you are here just to flame me please stop reading now.

This is my situation:
I'm 17, from New Zealand. I used to race karts, until the parents sold it promising to buy a new one but didn't. I play bass. I work as a pizza delivery boy, minimum wage, I am at school and find it boring to the point of absolute anger. I crashed a car and am in 5k debt. All my friends are party animals failing in life and heading nowhere, I'm one of them too, we go to parties every weekend, it is fun as hell but I know its not going to help me. I'm reasonably 'popular' i guess, I am hoping to be an engineer (yes I posted a thread about that too) oh yeah, and I'm stuck here, in a crappy little town in a crappy little country (New Zealand)!

At best all there is to do here is work a pointless 9-5 job for the rest of your life, live in a modest looking house, drive a reasonably tidy looking ford mondeo or toyota camry (currently drive a toyota estima eggvan, for taking the guys out to parties, hauling bass gear etc.) and get on the piss every weekend. Nothing wrong with that, but there's hardly any opportunities here for anyone who wants to make something of themselves! I do. Not exactly sure what I want to do but my dream is to work for an F1 team. Obviously too late to be a driver but I am good at maths and physics and interested in the technical side so possibly a mechanic for an f1 race team.

What to do? I'm screwed! Failing year 12 and exams are in 9 weeks

What is it like to live in an elite country like US or GB? I bet most people would take it for granted but yeah its depressing for someone who wants to get involved in life and make it big? There are so few opportunities here...

The three things I'm interested in are music, cars and planes (as well as the usual, girls, beer, etc etc). I have no money, i come from a middle class family and can't really afford to travel and am not independent enough to get the money together to move overseas, yet alone have enough connections to find accommodation etc. (No universities in NZ do aero engineering degrees, which is what I want to do) So I guess ill just get a job once I've finished school until I have enogh to travel

I've got no motivation and am doing really badly is school this year (AS Level), I have CIE exams in 9 weeks on physics, maths, english and design technology. For some reason I just can't be bothered to do anything, I know i should, but yeah

I don't know what the point in this thread is, I'm just having a bit of a rave. I guess my life isn't that bad, but sometimes I just feel like shit.

But what should I do? with my life? I am reasonably intelligent, come from a reasonable financially stable family, I have no disability or anything, so far I haven't failed in school... I haven't stuffed up my life yet, but the decisions I make now could be the difference between being a millionaire and living under a bridge.

What would you do if you could start over from the age of 17 is what I'm saying I guess??

Just any advice would be helpful really

Or if you have any constructive critism I am open to that as well.
But yeah please, no flame wars, cheers guys

get every qaulification you can, go to college, get the best degree money can buy, then become a master in whatever it is.

Believe me when i say: we all work jobs we hate ( most of us, or we'll come to hate it... whichever comes first. )

Get the top wage ( their are jobs out their )

get the nice house with the gaint garage, Buy all the cars you like, get the super model wife and 2.5 children and smile....

if it was easy to do it wouldn't be worth doing. Simple as.
Last 3 years of college meant nothing to me. I had no motivation and still don't have it. I don't see the challenge in these things. I am still moving up the ladder but I don't really see why I am putting in more effort. I graduated from these 3 years and finished everything at the last possible moment. That is how easy it was. They rescheduled the deadline to 1 month earlier and I still made it.

I have had my depressions too. Still have sometimes, but I just keep on living and being bored. I still have work laying around here what I have to finish but I still don't feel like doing it.

The depressions worked away when I drove a car. Be it mine or someone elses, because I really love to drive. What I am trying to say with this is that you have to find something you really enjoy and just do that when you are in a depression.

I am thinking about my future and have made up my mind, well.. that changes every 6 months or so but still.. I want to move out of this country or go to a small village instead of the big town I live in at the moment. I want to move to Japan or to Germany but I am not too sure about all that because I know my Japanese and German is really bad.

I know that probably noone cares about my story, or even knows me, but it feels good to just post your story.
Well it isn't any better here. My dad works as a print finisher (4am till 6pm) on ridiculously low pay - we are in massive debt, I am unwanted even by my own mother, and our own borough council rip us off.
Yeah, even if no-one reads it, or people do but no-one offers a practocal solution, just the act of writing out your problems can make you feel a lot better and help you find a solution yourself.

School, motivation, life issues
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG