The online racing simulator
No Problem,

thx for the compliment.

I am also late in responding, :P
had been gone a long weekend.
Quote from r4ptor :Reflection on most surfaces - especially on cars, are heavier on the steep angles. the more parallel the angle gets, the more reflection you will see. It's true for many many things, including something as odd as paper - or something more commonly known like water. You can see the bottom of a shallow lake, but if you look towards the horizon, then you'll see the reflection of the sky.

This is often refered to as Fresnel effect/reflection in 3D. I think maybe in 3ds it's called reflection falloff? You may have some already on your car material, but the "facing" reflection is too strong.

Exactly, fresnel effect is the key to get realistic reflections on almost all kinds of surfaces. (maybe dielectrics, metals, have refl. IOR so high that it is common to cheat here by turning the fresnel off and get nice and supershiny chrome)

Quote from r4ptor :I can't say for sure since I don't use 3DS. I'd guess you need to change the dark one and make it darker. but i could be wrong. Are you still using mental ray? What shader do you have applied?. I use mr a lot, so I can help you out if you use it too, and tell me what shader you are using (if its a mr shader).

Dude who knows everything about 3D deep inside, doesn't use Max, but is an expert in Mental Ray, and says "shader"..... SOFTIMAGE? :cyclops:

Boekanier, I had a look at your V-Ray material, and it seems to be an okay basic car paint, fresnel on, can't see anything which could create that funny unrealistic reflection on your Vectra near the camera... are you sure it is the material we see rendered at your other picture?? I am confused and I think I know V-Ray.
That latest render features V-Ray Dirt? I am not a big fan of it, never got any realistic output. I believe that using some good B/W dirt textures and ofc playing with mapping will bring the effect you want. Instead of this rather computerish gradient which reminds me of Eric's ugly faked GI shadows I so hate on LFS screenshots, lol.
A tip: try Vray blend material for that - it allows you to keep your current materials and easily tune dirt material on top of it.

But please easy on dirting your garage!
I love your steep learning curve, from 1st to last renders I can see a great advance! Some very nice renders mate, keep it up and we become colegues in business one day.
Quote from RAYfighter :
Dude who knows everything about 3D deep inside, doesn't use Max, but is an expert in Mental Ray, and says "shader"..... SOFTIMAGE? :cyclops:

Haha.. busteeeed

Quote from RAYfighter :
I love your steep learning curve, from 1st to last renders I can see a great advance! Some very nice renders mate, keep it up and we become colegues in business one day.

Indeed. +1
Thank you both for this great compliment
I have a lot to learn and little by little will be fine on one day.

and maybe it's something to make it my work ...

what tip of: Vray try blending material for that.
I will definitely try this out.

thanks again.

the carpaint is the same as the sant collor of the fxo.
not basic.

made with vrayblendmtl
base flakes
coat: sparkels end laquer
Quote from Boekanier :the carpaint is the same as the sant collor of the fxo.
not basic.

made with vrayblendmtl
base flakes
coat: sparkels end laquer

Ah so I didn't see the blend material ... so where is that strong reflection coming from then? Send me a scene maybe?
FXO Tuning
FXO Mod
FXO Tuning
Batu Mods Thumbs up
FXO Tuning
Cool
Batu Mods
Fxo Mod
-
(mahmutylc) DELETED by kristofferandersen : empty post
esse fxo onde e o que baixo ?????

some nice renders from the Boekanier