The online racing simulator
yup, I agree the post above, tyre physics wont do anything that special, there will be just the same cars, diffrent to drive still. LFS needs more cars, I would go that over realism
well to me tyre physics will be just relearning to drive fast,or faster than before,but i`ll be defenetly happy with rockingham and vws. There will be lots of tbo-ing there Also i think it would be awesome to get just a 2-3 mile straight track,or even 1 mile,just to test gearing and top speed.
Scipy +1 for GTR and Track

JPeace +1 for SIM

So that it is more realistic, we would need the night! But also the weather for the race Endurance :P
Scipy: Thx for the info.
Feed the birds once in while, Scawen . Even if it's nuts!
May help us survive the winter !
Attached images
nuts.jpg
Quote from rediske :See Scawen? ...didn't hurt at all. or did it...?

What counts is that you stopped by and said something...

I said something because I had something to say, not because I was forced to. I am quite immune to the moaning that goes on, it doesn't disturb me much at all - it's just what happens on forums. And there are many people here with a perfect understanding of what we are doing, and they do explain it to others round here sometimes.

For a long time there was nothing to say, with some half developed tyre physics and unfinished AI drivers. When I had something to say, I said it. Hope you understand, as many others do!

Quote from rc10racer :I don't think Eric's work rate is the issue because no one has a clue how fast he can make tracks/cars without him telling us, my opinion is that Eric has plenty of work that could be made public but the final decision ends with Scawen on what gets released.

It's up to Eric what of his work gets released, never have I tried to stop something of his being released!
Get back when you feel things are getting interesting for us, the users, regarding the development. We'll have a good time with Z28 for a long time! I and many of my LFS friends totally supports you in your effort and hope you take the time necessary. As you already know.
Quote from rc10racer :I don't think Eric's work rate is the issue because no one has a clue how fast he can make tracks/cars without him telling us, my opinion is that Eric has plenty of work that could be made public but the final decision ends with Scawen on what gets released.

I guess you are right, I really wouldn't mind to drive the cars we have right now, I just want more tracks, an update to WE, include a variant, FE could be updated, maybe work on the curbs as the layout is interesting, although some chicanes should be wider or with a slower line, a new track with 3 or 4 layouts would bring more life to LFS than a new car, be it GTR, Formula, Prototype or whatever.
Thanks for the update Scawen , its nice to know how things are going when we have had silence for so long. I now understand how you like to work & your reasons for leaving us guessing. Keep up the good work, sounds like its going great.

p.s. - a heads up for the community once a quarter isn't asking much is it?

p.p.s - are there any sound engine improvements scheduled for this patch or the first edition of S3?
But if nobody is stopping anybodys work - there is still some time to wonder why there are still some ugly Cockpits left. I think it is a shame that something that looked so good (XRT-Cockpit and so on) was not brought to end. I miss those nice Cockpits everytime i drive cars without it, and everytime i think about why you guys left them out AND not released them yet.

Sorry that this was my first post, but that was what i wanted to ask if scawen is reading in here.
'After the updates are done and the beta testers are quite happy with it, I think there will be a decent period of public testing.'

:banana:
Thanks for the update Scawen , its nice !
Thanks for the update. Best of luck with further development
Really appreciate the update
Quote from Scawen :
It's up to Eric what of his work gets released, never have I tried to stop something of his being released!

I'm not going to lie, that leaves me feeling quite sad. I think it says a lot to be honest...
Here's an idea.
What about Devs making a modelling contest? Like the best 1-2 or 3 cars would end up in the upcoming patch. Something like VALVe did.
Quote from Baldi :But if nobody is stopping anybodys work - there is still some time to wonder why there are still some ugly Cockpits left. I think it is a shame that something that looked so good (XRT-Cockpit and so on) was not brought to end. I miss those nice Cockpits everytime i drive cars without it, and everytime i think about why you guys left them out AND not released them yet.

+1
Please throw us a bone and release at least the updated cockpits in the near future. I seriously can't remember how long I'm waiting for a decent FZR interior.
/rant
Quote from JPeace :I agree partially with Scipy here - Which is a first I must say.

But Scipy, you are saying that a new lease of life of GTR's would be much more benefiticial. Well im sorry but I dissagree. You are coming from a very small part of the sim community that race and enjoy high level enduranc leagues, and you are one of the very few on the sim that get to race at the top of LFS. The Scirocco will bring more attention to the sim, more players will come to the game because of the attraction of having a real life car in the game - plus that with the fact that a new, real life track is coming. It's about the business at the end of the day, and if LFS loses a few members because of the lack good GTR cars to drive in leagues then whats the harm in that if in return the Scirocco boosts LFS's popularity and more players end up buying S2 and make LFS more money? I think that the developers may or may not listen to you, but I am sure that you definatly are not talking to deaf ears.

I think you've kinda proved a point there, but one which backs up Scipys post, if over the 18 months or however long we've had, even if we had a completely fictional car and new track or two, this would have kept all of the current members in LFS. (Or at least kept a lot of the people on board who have given up on LFS)

Your right, at the end of the day it is a business, but surely it's more important to keep the current customers happy, than to just shut them out because something bigger and better is on the way. At the end of the day, the current customers aren't really going to benefit with more publicly, but they would benefit from some of the updates Scipy suggested. (Which would obviously play a hand in attracting more customers as well.)

Just my opinion, i'm glad we've had an update, though it's still not so clear what sort of timeline we will be on for some new content and what exactly the new content will be. :/
Ray is right, just catch up now and get it released soon. As long as the cruise & demo servers keep a few of the people left.
Quote from CSF :I'm not going to lie, that leaves me feeling quite sad. I think it says a lot to be honest...

This.

Surprised to hear that he can release whenever he wants. Come on Eric....
If he can release whenever he wants it means either he doesn't want to release, or hasn't anything to release. Of both, I would hope it is the former...
Quote from manneF1 :yup, I agree the post above, tyre physics wont do anything that special, there will be just the same cars, diffrent to drive still. LFS needs more cars, I would go that over realism

What the ...? I thought it's LFS forum, not NFS forum. Seriously, come on guys. Nothing better can happen to a simulator than a physics update. Simulator means as close to reality as possible. If you don't agree with that you should go play one of these pseudo-simulators with cheap physics but loads of tracks and cars - such as rFactor.
We didn't get any new content lately because we simply didn't pay for it. You should be happy with BF1 and FBM (soon also VWS) which we got for free. After "the more important than content things" will be done - which is physics updates - new S3 content will start arriving, starting with Rockingham and an unknown car. It seems like all S3 content going to be real and licensed so that required the physics updates, limited setups system and so on.
Just don't shit your pants guys. We have to wait for the awesome.
-
(hp999) DELETED by hp999 : not really needed :p
So so true!
Yeah, that line "drive every combo" sucks.
I mean, I do not want to drive for example BF1 on my favorite track, let alone on every layout there is. Same goes for some other cars.
Why would I want to drive something I don't like the feel of, when I can moan for an BMW M3 to be put in my favorite sim?

Anyway, keep up the good work Scawen, some of us appreciate your work no matter how slow it may look to us.

Edit: Did someone just deleted his post?
Keep up the great work Scawen, some of us do pay attention to your words, not that you would know it by reading this thread. This thread actually reminds me of The Wise and Foolish Builders, Scawen being the wise man who built his house on rock, the complainers being the foolish men who built their houses on sand.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG