The online racing simulator
iPhone 4
(480 posts, started )
Quote from wien :Of course it can. Doubles as a handy lap warmer whilst your pants are around your ankles as well. Let's see your low-power, chrome-lined telephone pull off that trick.

Play music on the speaker for a few hours and my chrome-lined telephone can double as a panty warmer - who needs to saturate the whole lap when you can get right to the spot !
this thread is getting dirty

and thats a good point, and i do have mobile internet on my nice phone, so im set there
Quote from logitekg25 :this thread is getting dirty

and thats a good point, and i do have mobile internet on my nice phone, so im set there

Not nearly as dirty as apple for serving papers and confiscating equipment from the guy who reviewed the iPhone 4...
Quote from Becky Rose :Not nearly as dirty as apple for serving papers and confiscating equipment from the guy who reviewed the iPhone 4...

Indeed. It was their mistake to let the phone go out of their "so impenetrable and perfect security" and get leaked on gizmodo. Besides, the guy is a journalist that works home and actually needs the equipment they have confiscated. That's bad.

By the way, for me Apple doing that only confirms the prototype is real and not some kind of fake chinese product. So, based on the fact that this phone is most likely going to be released at some time (that is, if they don't make changes after it got leaked), what do you guys think of this new iPhone?

Sent via Nokia N95. I'm not home by the way.
Apparently the guy's house got raided. They took his PC's and all that stuff.

That's uncalled for

Posted with a iPod touch 8gb
why '' that's uncalled for ? ''

the dude did some industrial espionnage but he doesn't get a 100M fine by the FIA. how is it uncalled for?

Posted by the same P4 2.8Ghz w/ Win XP sp2.
some guy left some device in a bar, the guy decided to be a dick in society and keep it instead of turning it to someone who could get it back to him. it just so happens to be a device from apple that has not been released yet. he does a review, and somehow gets his house raided
Quote from logitekg25 :some guy left some device in a bar, the guy decided to be a dick in society and keep it instead of turning it to someone who could get it back to him. it just so happens to be a device from apple that has not been released yet. he does a review, and somehow gets his house raided

erm well no he didn't. The guy who found it tried to turn it in and apple didn't believe him. so he made money from it by selling it to a site which reviews gadgets who took it apart and did a review of the hardware. They then gave it back to apple. It was gizmodo who got apple to get a court order to give it back.
Quote from Luke.S :It was gizmodo who got apple to get a court order to give it back.

Link?

Not quite sure why they've taken their PC's though... do they think they will have any more evidence on them than he's already posted...?
http://gizmodo.com/5520479/a-l ... ts-its-secret-iphone-back

read that.
Quote :This phone was lost, and then found. But from Apple's perspective, it could have been considered stolen. I told them, all they have to do to get it back is to claim it—on record. This formal request from Apple's legal department is that claim. It proves—if there was any doubt in your mind—that this thing is real

Thats where he said he got apple to request it back in writing. I was wrong about the court order bit but I was close.
i'm pretty sure in uk law that by paying the chap that "found" the phone, the bloke from gizmodo would be guilty of dealing in stolen goods.

and of course we don't know for certain if the phone was lost and found or just stolen from a drunk guys jacket.

having said that apple are being incredably heavy handed over it and i can't help thinking that they are turning into another heavy handed big corporation much like the microsoft that they used to ridicule. additionally the one thing you should never do in business is pick a fight with journalists, if this blows up into a major issue then there could be a backlash against apple by the media.

surely the better way of dealing with it would have been a nice unofficial agreement for gizmodo to hand it back, keep quiet and then let them have the exclusive first test of the final product at it's launch. afterall apple were lucky, imagine if it had been sold to a rival company or a company that does replica's in china
So Right.. I had this thread on my watch while I was banned.

I'm a iPhone Dev, the Beta's are pretty sweet. Beta 2 was retardedly unstable, Beta 3 and 4 are pretty great. Beta 5 upped the speed a lot as well.

No, I'm not giving anyone else access.

There's a lot of sick things too that are waiting, hiding in the beta SDK.
I'm more talking the OS itself. The iPhone.. well, my new 3GS will have an "accident" this summer, so I can get the new one.
lol the wifi network failed.
Lol Apple... Still keeping up their trend of being 4 years behind everyone else's technology...
Yes, god forbid that we have an upgraded phone that has what people want :rolleyes:
so £499 bit steep i think. debating whether to actually keep my 3g
a 3g.. I'd upgrade.

3GS.. Not so much. I will upgrade just to have the newest thing, but it's not very needed.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :a 3g.. I'd upgrade.

3GS.. Not so much. I will upgrade just to have the newest thing, but it's not very needed.

so cause you love me I can have your 3gs

I really do want an Iphone 4 it is a nice device.
I'll keep both. 3GS as a dev device, 4 as a usable device
i might at a push be able to get £250 for this. wonder if my dad will buy my karting suit then i should have enough
i was gonna buy a pay as you go iphone 4 and put my contract sim in it cos my 3G ive had for 9 months is already tired lol its in brilliant condition but its just not very good at some stuff anymore but tbh i might aswell wait until my contract is up and get one then as £500 isnt worth it
Quote from trebor901 :i was gonna buy a pay as you go iphone 4 and put my contract sim in it cos my 3G ive had for 9 months is already tired lol its in brilliant condition but its just not very good at some stuff anymore but tbh i might aswell wait until my contract is up and get one then as £500 isnt worth it

it runs on a micro-sim

iPhone 4
(480 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG