The online racing simulator
iPhone 4
(480 posts, started )
iPhone 4
Hey guys,

So, being a tech guy, I was browsing around gizmodo and happened to stumble upon this little gem of an exclusive: http://tiny.cc/v4tcz

Before reading the rest of this post, probably check out that link.

According to Gizmodo, they found a prototype for the next iPhone (in a bar) and have covered it fully. First of all, I can't say that I really believe this. If it's true, someone at Apple is screwed.

Anyway, I have an iPhone 3gs and I like it. The new design, while pleasing to look at, has me wondering. The current design, with it's curved edges, has a good grip and is easy on the hands. Wouldn't this new, boxy design hurt the hands by leaving a slight mark in it after long-term use? I know that this may not be the final design, but thinking of usability, it seems worse than the current iPhone.

Hardware-wise, it has flash for it's camera on the back, and a new front-facing camera (like this a lot). Except for that, I don't like the new two button design for the volume control. Without considering the design, the hardware doesn't have any other major changes.

Overall, I like the new phone, if this really is it. What do you guys think?
its sexy...looks maturer to me cause of the less roundedness of it.

^ thats some horrible english^

although if thats the real deal i would sleep infront of the apple store to get one if i could afford to pay that monthly.

i hope the new ipod touch has a similar design
most likely it will..
I really, really like it.
The new design looks good, even though the 3Gs looked better. But I still prefer the new one.l
Trust me, PC's are better.
Well, gizmodo has another article with how they got the phone...

And, well, yes. I agree PC's are better. I have never owned a Mac and have no intention to. But, this happens to be talking about a PHONE. Nice.

Btw, what would be wrong with my english in that post? Just wondering because even though it's my second language, I use it more than my first language...
I guess he ways trying to say his own use of english was horrible. And I agree with him.
Quote from Velociround :I guess he ways trying to say his own use of english was horrible. And I agree with him.

Hahaha, well, I most certainly was stupid.
Oh boy. Here comes the influx of "OH THE JESUS PHONE". Why everyone flocks to Apple's sub-par products is beyond me. Why anyone supports a company that patent trolls and is building a walled garden around their products is beyond me. Why people stand behind Steve Jobs when he's an big-headed egotistical moron is beyond me. Why people buy products from a hypocritical company that has become something the used to despise is beyond me. Consumerism is pathetic...I'll continue to use my head and vote with my wallet and not support a pathetic company that has hoards of zealot followers who long for Steve Job's cock in their mouth...A bunch of sheep...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R706isyDrqI

Damn...who'd a thunk it...seems Apple has become their own nemesis...
I usually buy a product that suits me, of which I like the most things. It doesn't matter if it runs WM6.5, Android or iPhone OS. It doesn't matter if it has an Apple logo on its back. I don't care if the company "patent trolls" (btw, which big company doesn't, these days?), I don't care if the CEO is a moron...
If I like a product, I'll buy it.
My phone just happens to be an iPhone. If it had that style, it was built in that fashion, it had the same speed and the same features, it could have had a banana logo on its back, and I wouldn't have cared.

I've met many "Apple is satan" people, almost 90% of which couldn't afford to buy an Apple product. I mean, I don't hate Apple only because someone can afford to buy a $3,000 Mac Pro and I can't.
I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm just saying that:
- If you can't afford a product, don't say that ALL similar product are sh*t.
- If you can afford it, but you don't, don't say that the people that buy these products are fanboys.

A "I don't like that" is more polite and has the same effects, I.E.: who has the same opinion as you thinks you're right, who doesn't have the same opinion as you thinks you're wrong. The end.

Back on topic...
I really don't like it. I think it's ugly as hell. If it'll be like this, I'll keep my 3G[S], thanks. But actually i don't think it will ever be like this...
Quote from freddyalek90 :poo poo dribble

I knew someone was going to throw out the "you can't afford" ideal. That's another thing I forgot to mention, smugness. Most Apple users are smug about their products and have this overall impression that their products are better than everyone and anyone else, and that's too bad. You just went and proved that point.

Did I ever say I can't afford their products? No, you assumed it. Why even bring that up? I chose to spend my $550 on a phone that is isn't designed to be obsolete and who's software doesn't cripple the user experience.

I care if a company claims they invented and own IP that they did not create. I care when a company doesn't give credit where credit is due. Multitouch is a great example of Apple being Apple. So is the name 'iPhone' (was owned by Cisco) and 'iPad' (Was owned by Fujitsu and also Transform Tecnologia de Ponta). So you are incorrect when you say "btw, which big company doesn't, these days?" because no other company does what they do, they **** everyone else, claim ownership and then attempt to gain ownership though lawsuits and out of court settlements. No one cares because its Apple and they are flawless, right?
#13 - aoun
I agree that alot of apple people are "smug",

but dude, you need to relax with the whole anti-apple thing.

You say they are no good. good for you.

I say they are great, but i dont come here rambling on how good they are and how better they are compaired to nokia's or such.

You need an apple.
Quote from aoun :I agree that alot of apple people are "smug",

but dude, you need to relax with the whole anti-apple thing.

You say they are no good. good for you.

I say they are great, but i dont come here rambling on how good they are and how better they are compaired to nokia's or such.

You need an apple.

I haven't been anything but relaxed. I just voiced my opinion and then replied to a post that was directed at me.
I'm not 'smug', I just have yet to see a phone that offers anywhere close to the ease-of-use and functionality that I require (want) in a mobile phone. I have friends and family with Androids and HTCs or whatever, and I've played with them, but weren't for me.

Will the iPhone 4 be the best phone on the market? Maybe not! Will it still sell like hotcakes because it'll look good, be easy to use, have lots of products made for it, be competitively priced, have the best app store going, and be well made. Others might do better on one or two counts, but (for me and people like me) there won't be a consistent challenger for a while. Probably.

Edit: And I don't much care for Macs, Macbooks, iPads, iPods etc., so it certainly isn't Apple fanboyism.
#16 - aoun
I have the iphone myself and rate it highly. Would surely be getting the 4G when released. I think it looks great, cant wait for it.

Contradicting when i have an iphone, but i do notice some people are smug about their apple products.
Whole thing reeks of a publicity stunt to me.
Quote from Homeless_Drunk :I knew someone was going to throw out the "you can't afford" ideal. That's another thing I forgot to mention, smugness. Most Apple users are smug about their products and have this overall impression that their products are better than everyone and anyone else, and that's too bad. You just went and proved that point.

Did I ever say I can't afford their products? No, you assumed it. Why even bring that up? I chose to spend my $550 on a phone that is isn't designed to be obsolete and who's software doesn't cripple the user experience.

I care if a company claims they invented and own IP that they did not create. I care when a company doesn't give credit where credit is due. Multitouch is a great example of Apple being Apple. So is the name 'iPhone' (was owned by Cisco) and 'iPad' (Was owned by Fujitsu and also Transform Tecnologia de Ponta). So you are incorrect when you say "btw, which big company doesn't, these days?" because no other company does what they do, they **** everyone else, claim ownership and then attempt to gain ownership though lawsuits and out of court settlements. No one cares because its Apple and they are flawless, right?

You assumed, on the other hand, that it was referred to you. I just said that 90% of "against-Apple" people can't actually buy any Apple product, and maybe hasn't ever tried an Apple product. I can be wrong, but did I quote you? Did I actually name you? I think not.
I can't judge you, and being miles and miles away from you I can't know if you can or can't afford an iPhone, nor I want to know. For what I know, you could be in the 10% or in the 90%. I don't care.

Then, cripple the user experience? Well, now I know you haven't tried an iPhone. Even the first gen iPhone (I had that as well) was faster and easier to operate than ANY other cellphone I've ever used. Even faster than my uncle's brand new HTC HD2 (Leo) (cost? 550€. - an iPhone 3Gs 16GB is 599€, it's better built, smaller, a lot lot faster and -but that's an opinion- better looking).

And actually yes, I don't care if Apple is run by criminals, as long as it gives me the best products for me (i.e. what offers me the best PQ ratio).
But actually, here's a not-so-old picture (March 2010):

that's what I meant with "all big companies do it".

And by the way, they don't say "we invented the name iPhone, iPad etc". As I know, they regularly took it. Cisco lost its rights on the name after not using it for years. It was then Cisco, knewing that Apple was interested in the name, that said they used it illegally; and, until now, I've used lots of "multitouch" displays, even capacitive ones, but none responded as well as Apple's. And I'm not the only one saying it.

Then, I'll say that "we have different opinions". I don't care about yours, you don't care about mine. That's it.
Well, I have to agree with these other guys that have iPhone's. It's not a thing where I must buy Apple. I was seriously considering getting the Droid , and I mean seriously to the point I walked into the store, they brought my phone out and let me play around with it for thirty minutes. Then, I went to the AT&T store and played around with the iPhone for like five minutes. That was all I needed to decide. The iPhone was more refined, easier to use, and I already knew it had a crapload of apps more than Android.

Therefore, picking the iPhone turned out to be a freaking easy choice. Even with these new rumors for the phone, I can't say that I am sorry about not waiting till summer. My 3gs has done everything I have wanted it to and so I see no reason to complain.

You (people who seem to hate anything Apple) aren't hating there products because of what the products are. You are hating the company. If you could have an iPhone for one month, and then went back to your phone, believe me, you would like the iPhone more.

On the flip side, I hate Apple's App Store approval and no third-party apps. Therefore, I jailbroke my iPhone. It now has Palm Pre-esque Multitasking (Proswitcher), Custom Themes (Winterboard), and a sweet application that let's me use gestures to control the phone (Activator). With a jailbreak (which is legal btw as long as you don't get paid apps for free), you get a lot more functionality than any other phone.

So, your argument of Steve Jobs being the devil, Apple being an evil company followed by sheeps, and no original names (really, this is going to be your freaking argument against a phone, it's name?), it means jackshit when you use it.

-Shashdev
If I want customizability, I go for the Neo FreeRunner and not a jailbroken iPhone. Personally I wouldn't trade my trusty old 6230i for an iPhone, because the iPhone wouldn't survive a 6 metre fall onto solid rock and the battery would most certainly not last a week of average use (certainly not after years in which it had undergone many sub-optimal charge cycles).

I'm usually fairly open minded when it comes to technology, but Apple just ticks me off. I've got an Amiga 500, a C64, I had several Zenith shitboxes, but I never wanted an Apple II despite the fact that it was actually a good computer... Ok, that's a lie, but it'd be the only device with the Apple badge I'd allow in the house and I wouldn't pay for it
€: Crap, I think I might actually pay a bit...
Quote from Luke.S :but ...

it would possibly survive being dropped in a pool.

I haz proofs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qbWjaW25mQ

I dropped one of my older phones (Sony Ericsson T300) in the bathtub... twice, it survived both times, so I can believe this is generally possible. You do not have proof though as there is no evidence to suggest that the video was in fact taken with an iPhone.
Quote from morpha :If I want customizability, I go for the Neo FreeRunner and not a jailbroken iPhone. Personally I wouldn't trade my trusty old 6230i for an iPhone, because the iPhone wouldn't survive a 6 metre fall onto solid rock and the battery would most certainly not last a week of average use (certainly not after years in which it had undergone many sub-optimal charge cycles).

I'm usually fairly open minded when it comes to technology, but Apple just ticks me off. I've got an Amiga 500, a C64, I had several Zenith shitboxes, but I never wanted an Apple II despite the fact that it was actually a good computer... Ok, that's a lie, but it'd be the only device with the Apple badge I'd allow in the house and I wouldn't pay for it
€: Crap, I think I might actually pay a bit...

Eh, first of all, I don't know whether the FreeRunner is offered in the states, but it looks freaking hideous. And, it's OS looks like shit. Btw, talking about falls and stuff, I can say that you have to be freaking retarded not to get a case for the iPhone. If you paid $200 (I got the 3gs 16gb) for the phone, get some $15-$30 case. It's worth it. My case can be dropped on hard concrete and still not have a problem. And it doesn't look bad either. (http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Torrent/Torrent.php)

Btw, on the Apple's computer side, I couldn't agree with you more. I have had a Mac before (about two years ago) and I swear for the first month or so, it was such a cool try. Three months down the road, I was back to PC. Maybe it's because I know most of the PC tricks, but the Mac just didn't do everything wanted... (Big thing was gaming even back then)
Quote from Velociround :

Yeah, it almost certainly points to saying that was a real phone. Though, the wording is kind of vague. GIZMODO is currently in possession of a device that belongs to Apple. Why not just state the device? Now, I know I am just being paranoid, but if they did have a deal to leak this, Apple could release this statement and it would still be legal. GIZMODO could just have a freaking Apple TV for all we know that this is what Apple wants back.

Or it's the truth. Well, I guess Choice B is pretty reasonable by now.

iPhone 4
(480 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG