The online racing simulator
iPhone 4
(480 posts, started )
Quote from Jakg :Rather than the odd reply, can you please write a short summary of the "advantages" the exterior antenna should bring vs what the design would actually do?

im not sure what you mean by the vs bit

Quote from pb32000 :Apple store? http://store.apple.com/uk/brow ... shop_iphone/family/iphone

hm didnt think of that and it doesnt seem to be available in the german apple store yet
still ~750€ (with the case youll need despite being designed in a way to obstruct you from plugging in apple cables into your phone) is rather ridiculous
if i buy one from the apple store then will o2 give me a micro sim? because my current contract one is a normal sized sim and the contract is for a 3g iphone so would they be willing to give me a micro sim?
Quote from Shotglass :im not sure what you mean by the vs bit

I meant what you think of their claim as to reasons why they put it on the outside etc, and what you think is wrong with the antenna placement in your professional opinion.
Quote from trebor901 :if i buy one from the apple store then will o2 give me a micro sim? because my current contract one is a normal sized sim and the contract is for a 3g iphone so would they be willing to give me a micro sim?

I thought you could just cut ur normal sim down to fit in the micro slot??
Quote from lukelfs :I thought you could just cut ur normal sim down to fit in the micro slot??

well you can but personally i wont try it because well i'd mess it up and ive just found out that you can order a micro sim for free from O2's website
Quote from trebor901 :well you can but personally i wont try it because well i'd mess it up and ive just found out that you can order a micro sim for free from O2's website

I doubt u would mess it up, but its up to you anyhoo
Quote from freddyalek90 :iSpazio's Test
Sorry, it's in Italian, but it shows that it doesn't really short. I know, it's the wrong hand, but if it does it with the left one, it will do it also with the right one.
Even if you physically short the antennas with a key, as in this video (again, sorry for the Italian) it drop 3/4 bars, but it stays connected. And it's with Wind, one of the worst carriers we have in Italy. With Vodafone or TIM it would have been for sure better.

the video i watched was Orange. what's your point?

Quote from freddyalek90 :Just, don't believe Apple haters always like they are God.

oh really, and apple users aren't? that's the funniest statement i've seen today.

Quote from freddyalek90 :As I proved in one of my earlier posts, they found every time some faults, and usually are proven wrong.

oh really? let's break them down.

Quote from freddyalek90 :Display with yellow patches? It will be perfect in a week.

they shouldn't leave the factory if they're not properly manufactured. an hour in some oven would probably be all it needs to cure the glue. that's not fanboy, that's common sense.

Quote from freddyalek90 :Antennas shorting? Just don't hold it from the bottom. If you hold it naturally, you won't touch both antennas, or at least not too much.

ever since the dawn of mobile telephony, the antenna has always been at the top of the device, even if there is no visible antenna. i'm sorry, but the "you're holding it wrong" excuse doesn't have much ground here.

Quote from freddyalek90 :I'm totally with dawesdust here. Haters gonna hate.
And if you are wondering, I'm not a fanboy. I just fell in love with a phone which <<apple orgasm>>

so you're going to be as blind as dawesdust? i guess ignorance really is bliss.
Quote from Jakg :I meant what you think of their claim as to reasons why they put it on the outside etc, and what you think is wrong with the antenna placement in your professional opinion.

the basic idea is sound... you free up space inside and are able to build much larger antennas (generally speaking large = good)
trouble is they put them on the side of the phone which apart from that well see loads and loads of pictures of shattered glass on the back of iphones put the antennas in the same spot where you touch the phone and naturally causes them to radiate off to the side and thus into your head which both reduces reception and may or may not be a health problem
also they didnt make the most (or anything really) of the available space which would have allowed them to place several antennas on the phones body and make use of diversity techniques (might cause space problems inside depending on how large the transceiver is)
well just ordered one from Apple, used one today in O2 Store and i have to say its very nice and seemed to handle the multitasking very well and the screen is amazingly clear compared to my current 3g which is clear anyway. Didnt get a chance to try any other features as got pounced on by sales people
Dawe, quick! Send your pic to Jobs!

Edit - I love how there is no response from Dawe. xD
about to upgrade my ipod touch to iOS 4
Wow, welcome to 4 months ago!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Wow, welcome to 4 months ago!

back to the future

actually, watching this thread makes me smile, i dunno why....
the iOS 4 update for the itouch poped up this week, i was about to install it but it said that it was going to erase all my music... so i said '' f*ck you apple, im not updating ''

is there any way to download my songs from my ipod INTO the computer?
Quote from el pibe :the iOS 4 update for the itouch poped up this week, i was about to install it but it said that it was going to erase all my music... so i said '' f*ck you apple, im not updating ''

is there any way to download my songs from my ipod INTO the computer?

right click on ipod in itunes and back up

then when you install it do restore so it will restore to factory defaults then install cause the backup when installing it doesn't work.
so what i do is.

backup

restore

update

and somehow put the backup again?
there is option to restore your backup on the same menu

and it should say restore and update after you click restore
Quote from el pibe :so what i do is.

backup

restore

update

and somehow put the backup again?

wow... it just works!
lost all my songs anyway coz they were not purchased via the itunes store.... seriously, **** you apple. **** you jobs.
lol
Quote from el pibe :lost all my songs anyway coz they were not purchased via the itunes store.... seriously, **** you apple. **** you jobs.

if you update it properly then it will put everything back that it has backed up including songs in specific playlists if thats how you use the ipod

iPhone 4
(480 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG