The online racing simulator
Is LFS Dying?
(289 posts, closed, started )
except the inflation rate in britain averages out more somewhere in the 2.5-3% range so over 5 years youre looking at about a moderate 10% increase
Quote from steve30x :You joined in august 2008 and I think there was at least two patches since you joined LFS. The current version is Z28. The last patch was Nov 25th, 2009 18:55.

Don't play smart please. You know what I mean.. These patches was mainly for server updates.. Minor for racers. I meant "proper" / big patch.
#278 - Rob
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that LFS neither pays for or is paid by any of those endeavors.

Agreed, why would VW pay LFS dev team to promote their 2 year old car in a game where the active users are on the decline and also why would Rockingham pay to be in such a fringe project?

You wouldn't buy a road car based on how well it drove in a track racing computer game and likewise I wouldn't drive the 45 miles from my home to Rockingham for a track day because I'd just driven a 3 year old BMW F1 car around it in LFS. There's very little commercial reason for either party to think LFS will help boost their profitability or profile.

Rob
Heh....

This is what I think:

3days ago I .....
Quote from Speed Soro :blablabla... ...but after almost 3 years of waiting...

It's not even been 2 years yet since that last major patch but lets not let the facts get in the way of your trolling.
Yes it's dying, it's not terminal yet but emergency treatment followed by a long course of rehab is required.
Quote from Intrepid :
[snip]
I am simply making an observation of the situation, and if you don't want to buy iRacing then fine, but you act as if iRacing charging more than the competition is somehow 'offensive'. It's complete nonsense. These guys are not your slaves. To get on your high horse because a company that produces an absolutely fantastic product has the audacity to actually charge for it is hilarious.
[snip]

I made it clear from the very beginning that I speak for myself only, to avoid exactly this kind of rant.

In any case, yes for me their pricing policy is offensive. I could perfectly live with less "fresh air" for a way more reasonable price. I don't need to be their slave either, you know, nor being treated like some kind of brainless dummy who needs to be punished even for spinning out of the track, or paying extra money every once in a while for content and/or services that is widely available through the competition for years (scattered amongst it, though).

By "fresh air" I meant (and still do) that they brought a new approach to the sim-racing scene which seems to attract many people (americans and british mostly, who I guess are used to this kind of marketing/pricing practices), not me though yet. It's not at all hypocritical for someone to recognize that something he's not attracted to has brought fresh air to the general scene. Not hillarious either! It's called "honesty" and/or "integrity" in my books.

I'm into simming for many-many years and I've purchased many sims, including gtr2, lfs, rfactor and nkpro. Those 4 keep covering perfectly my current needs, for a price way less than iRacing's corresponding content and/or services, especially if we calculate it for the period iRacing showed up until now.

As for the future of LFS, imho moderated track modding may be a good solution giving a new push to the current state of the sim (at least until the devs come up with something else). Perhaps a system where users will submit tracks to the devs and they'll decide whether they are worth to get released or not (released by the devs I mean). They can always ban from their master server unapproved tracks, making them pretty much useless.
Sick maybe but not dieing , needs an injection of updateacillin to keep the punters happy again though .

As for the rabid lick spittles all is well as its always been, because to think let alone say anything untoward is sacrilegious.
OT: Payment system
I would like to reassure some people that may feel worried after my post.

I have first-hand information about payment system,
possibility to purchase a license upgrade for extra credits will be available soon.

Thanks Vic.
If LFS is dying? It might be a little too late to ask that. LFS died a long time ago. When was the last update report? November, 2009. And what did it contained? Only a few lines of text, nothing concrete. So what makes you all believe the devs are still worried about this?
They moved on, they don't care anymore about LFS.
If I am wrong, devs, come say that I am wrong. And I say DEVS, not simple users that still believe in Santa Claus.

Greetz 2 all
R5Rider
The last post about the development work from scawen was in March, which was indeed just a few lines of text. The one you mention in November was FAR from just a few lines of text.

Again, lets not let facts get in the way of a good troll eh?
Quote from R5Rider : If I am wrong, devs, come say that I am wrong. And I say DEVS, not simple users that still believe in Santa Claus.

i'd like to know who gave you the power to summon the Devs. if only we had you a few years ago.
Quote from R5Rider :If LFS is dying? It might be a little too late to ask that. LFS died a long time ago. When was the last update report? November, 2009. And what did it contained? Only a few lines of text, nothing concrete. So what makes you all believe the devs are still worried about this?
They moved on, they don't care anymore about LFS.
If I am wrong, devs, come say that I am wrong. And I say DEVS, not simple users that still believe in Santa Claus.

Greetz 2 all
R5Rider

Oh, come on.

The Brazilian is at least funny in his stupidity but this is just sad.
:feedtroll

/thread
This thread is closed

Is LFS Dying?
(289 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG