The online racing simulator
Skoda Fabia RS
(84 posts, started )
Quote from ACCAkut :well, it has been like that some years ago, when I joined up here. We had the occasional whiners too, but after only a month of silence.

Like when someone found the .eng-file editor. It was officially unlocked in the next version and DaveWS soundpack was included (right?). There was just more life in Life For Speed, today all activity come from users and there efforts, Airio and the like.

edit: What happened with the DPcars guy? He offered his selfmade single seater some time ago

Think that too got a no-go from the devs in the end, but not sure.
Quote from MadCatX :DevilDare: What offers have they turned down? Perhaps the truck, but I guess that a proper truck simulation would involve chassis flex and perhaps few other modifications which they just didn't feel like doing at that time.

chassis flex and what cought the attention of the devs, was making a proper simulation of the brakes, because brakes management (see cooling) is a huge factor in truck racing...

and aside from what rockclan said, I arranged that they could make the racetrack in Most ( http://www.autodrom-most.cz/cz ... todromu/parametry-okruhu/ ) for free, then the Skoda Octavia and then the deal with Buggyra, which when they turned down, i decided that this was my final attempt...

So we turned to rF, because we were able to make the Fabia mod in 3 weeks...

And yes, I'm sad, that it is not LFS where the Fabia is...
iirc nikimere almost arranged Mondello Park years ago, you'll guess why that did't happen either.
ultra fail combo x666 for Dev Team ;-)
The devs are super fast and shit they dont help!!! -.-
Quote from Ales_M :The devs are super fast and shit they dont help!!! -.-

They are fast indeed!

Irvetskoolmethankooktyresandrallycarinthehondavtecjustkickinyowsmokinghotrimsfrombbswithredjellyinsidecookiebritneyspearslikesspeedandwelikeliveforspeed.
Quote from Chaos :I arranged that they could make the racetrack in Most for free, then the Skoda Octavia and then the deal with Buggyra

And yes, I'm sad, that it is not LFS where the Fabia is...

Now I (and im sure that you too) would like to hear from devs what is going on. Just to explain why they didnt/dont want that car and tracks in lfs. And ofcourse some news about new patch, physics, whatever, would be great...If they wont say anything, thats mean that lfs is really dying and time to stop wonder about something new in lfs...
Quote from GuRu_PL :If they wont say anything, thats mean that lfs is really dying and time to stop wonder about something new in lfs...

Or they are still working on the same thing and don't have anything to report.
This looks like:
"Do you want a billion dollars?"
"No, thanks."

Quote from GothaR_SVK : Physics development is not going very well (1.5 year for tyres is too much).

take a look in the iracing thread about dave kaemer's blog on developing a tyre model. 1.5 years so far is not an unreasonable time, iracing are taking a similar amount of time with more resources.

if you pardon the pun, it's very much a black art and even the tyre manufacturers aren't 100% sure what happens with tyres all of the time.

getting back on topic, whilst it may be anoying to some that the devs won't accept offers/ opportunities like the skoda, it is their product and it's their choice. if they did things different then LFS wouldn't have developed the way it has.
Buy the devs 3 Fabia RS and try again !
( These who want to drive GT1 or LMP in LFS are in trouble. )

Seriously:

Maybe our devs think that too many cars/tracks are no good for this sim. It makes some sense because though we have 20 cars and 55 track layouts now, lots of players just drive a few of them.

More cars/tracks is good news for me. But I don't think I'll keep cycling around those choices even we do get more. I'll still be playing on a few combos for most of the time.
There might not need to be more than one or a few iterations of each car and track type, but LFS is still missing a number of those types. I'm curious what it'd take to pick Scawen's brains on this with just a couple of questions.
Damn this, it would be awesome to drive it
I would like to drive so many cars in LFS, as many others there... could you imagine how awesome it could be with carlist from Gran Turismo 4?
Quote from Chaos :Skoda Fabia RS

Nah... another FWD, Scirocco is enough for now, has more power and looks better.

Quote from Chaos :the devs at first liked it, but then decided the time was not ripe for trucks to make it into LFS

Would be sweet to have truck in LFS, but I agree with devs that it's not the best time for this. Trucks are totally different from cars we already have in LFS, twice as much power, twice as much gears, twice as much of everything, over 5 tones of weight. It means it would take few months to implement it or even more if it would reveal another flaws in physics engine or something. Can you imagine what another major delay of the patch would have couse?
Of course after announcment we would be like :bannana_g:banana_ra "yay truck will be awesome"
but after few weeks of waiting we would be like :sadbanana:bananadea "who the f*** need a truck, die devs, you suck"
Amynue, why wont u just make one? Like ... a truck? lol
Quote from Amynue :Of course after announcment we would be like :bannana_g:banana_ra "yay truck will be awesome"
but after few weeks of waiting we would be like :sadbanana:bananadea "who the f*** need a truck, die devs, you suck"

thats so true

i laughed a little
#44 - aoun
Too much complaining these days.. is it the new trend?

Is there a forum to complain about real life issues too?
Quote from Chaos :Just to inform you guys.

In the light of how the development of truck racing in LFS (I prepared a deal for LFS with Buggyra (the last years European Champions in truck racing)) went (the devs at first liked it, but then decided the time was not ripe for trucks to make it into LFS). We now finished Skoda Fabia RS (with full support from Skoda Auto) for rFactor.

Well, this all could have been for LFS, but the devs have their policy... No bad feelings from our side involved, just stating things the way they are...

nice one mate

yeah it's F.U.C.K.ed up, I'm here on the forum after a big time and... it looks like it's worse and worse, thow I don't like rFactor can't properly drive like in LFS with mouse there
LFS needs to enable mods, or it'll die, graphics is OK, physics... maybe (well so far in the top10 but still long way to go), but it needs mods... cars, tracks, etc. why isn't Half-Life dead? Because you could make your own mode at home any time! And download hundreds of others.

I don't know but devs... I'll ruther shut up as it's use less to say anything here, it's not going to change and if it's than prove it and change it!

There are people that make mods even if its' that hard, cars, graphics, audio, tons of server stuff I don't know, and you just don't want them to do it, WHY?
LFS just needs more CONTENT. I don't know what Eric is doing, but other than the VWS, Rockingham, he should have the unnanunced car done and ANOTHER one in development. Like seriously, it doesn't take MONTHS to model a [mid-poly] car.
Quote from PioneerLv :This looks like:
"Do you want a billion dollars?"
"No, thanks."

HAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!
+1Billion
Quote from kimd41 :LFS just needs more CONTENT. I don't know what Eric is doing, but other than the VWS, Rockingham, he should have the unnanunced car done and ANOTHER one in development. Like seriously, it doesn't take MONTHS to model a [mid-poly] car.

Well, yes it does, but not just to model it, modelling is a small part, much much MUUCCHHH more goes into making a new car than simply modelling it so it looks right, the devs could probably make a nice looking car fairly quicky, but that means the sum total of feck all if it doesnt drive properly, and do not forget, the way LFS is going at the minute, getting LFS cars to drive as similarly to the real life cars as possible is a main focus, hence a completely new tyre model, (talk of) a new damage system, new limited setups, plus many more things that are taking place that we no not know about yet in order to get that extra tiny %age of realism in.

I would personally rather drive a car that looks like total shite but drives like a car, than a graphically perfect looking masterpiece that drives like junk, but meh, thats just me.
Quote from Chaos :Just to inform you guys.

In the light of how the development of truck racing in LFS (I prepared a deal for LFS with Buggyra (the last years European Champions in truck racing)) went (the devs at first liked it, but then decided the time was not ripe for trucks to make it into LFS). We now finished Skoda Fabia RS (with full support from Skoda Auto) for rFactor.

Well, this all could have been for LFS, but the devs have their policy... No bad feelings from our side involved, just stating things the way they are...

Hey, its nice that you are trying, i would only have post just a bit different.

First off all, About your first attempt, the Truck racing was really some thing, something that is not here yet, it would have been great, but i do belief that there is a good reason why its not in a sim (*yet). (im not counting rTractor)

Like you said in you posts, the dev though about it and saw some big problems coming up.

Like all of us know, Scawen some how accepted the sirrocco, we should not miss that fact that this is actually the first production car, coming too lfs. the first car that people can buy and compare. and now that Rockingham is announced they can compare it even more. This means that the car / Sim needs to me as realistic as possible. and like we all know this is costing time.

If the devs did decide to introduce a Truck in lfs they would need too work even longer to get it realistic. because its something that has never been done before.

About the Skoda Fabia RS, to me this sound logic why they turn the Fabia down. because its not some thing "New". Every single car that has been introducesed to lfs, is something new. a different type of car. think about BF1, FBM, MRT, XFR, and so on.

The only car where you can say that its a look like, or close to an other car, is the Sirocco, but that already taking a hard time to get it realistic.
Quote from hotmail :and now that Rockingham is announced they can compare it even more. This means that the car / Sim needs to me as realistic as possible. and like we all know this is costing time.

It had to happen sooner or later.

Skoda Fabia RS
(84 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG