The online racing simulator
Skoda Fabia RS
(84 posts, started )
#1 - Chaos
Skoda Fabia RS
Just to inform you guys.

In the light of how the development of truck racing in LFS (I prepared a deal for LFS with Buggyra (the last years European Champions in truck racing)) went (the devs at first liked it, but then decided the time was not ripe for trucks to make it into LFS). We now finished Skoda Fabia RS (with full support from Skoda Auto) for rFactor.

Well, this all could have been for LFS, but the devs have their policy... No bad feelings from our side involved, just stating things the way they are...
ok and /thread
congratulations? next time choose a sim with a decent physics engine
I would appreciate that. However, it all depends on the Devs. You should rather e-mail them, shouldn't you?
Quote from ChiliFan :congratulations? next time choose a sim with a decent physics engine

Hmm? I think the point is that he did. He came to LFS first and they rejected the idea(s).
Full support from Skoda? Scawen, take note.
Quote from sinbad :Hmm? I think the point is that he did. He came to LFS first and they rejected the idea(s).

I think what ChiliFan meant was that rFactor is crap, physics wise..
#8 - Mrwei
I would like 599GTO or Zonda R in LFS!
I dont see how trucks developed into Skoda Fabia RS
I'd rather drive the Skoda Fabia RS than the Scirocco in lfs. Scirocco is getting old
Quote from Chaos :the devs at first liked it, but then decided the time was not ripe for trucks to make it into LFS

I appreciate the info but I absolutely agree with the Devs, that trucks should not be introduced in to LFS. Both from a personal taste point of view, and a from a 'current state of development' point of view.

Good call from the Devs.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I'd rather drive the Skoda Fabia RS than the Scirocco in lfs. Scirocco is getting old

Same really, I've never liked a Scirocco, it's just the hype of it coming out. I hope it's really good when it comes out, I cant wait for the reactions when it does.

That would look good racing a xfg, xrg and Scirocco

As said before I also arranged a deal with Ford, about many cars, but the devs also refuse.

This could be because they are REALLY busy with the physics and other, or just some other reason.

It's up to the dev's to decide which car goes in, not us. (Or you should be visiting LFSMods)
Its sad to hear how the devs turn all these offers down, but I guess there is a reason for all of it.
DevilDare: I don't know...they could have full 3D model of a car and just had to tune physics. If it wasn't problem with RAC, MRT, FBM and BF1, why is it problem now? Physics development is not going very well (1.5 year for tyres is too much). I think, that this was an easy option how to get free real cars in LFS and they refused it and that is what I don't understand.
They could release VWS and finish physics then and whole community would be satisfied. Now they just make more people disapponted (including me).
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :And we don't even have it yet

Haha, I think that the devs could release the Scirocco first and then continue with the tyre physics otherwise its gonna take forever.
Except the fact that the scirocco wasn't released because without an overhaul of the tyre physics Scawen wasn't happy with it.
DevilDare: What offers have they turned down? Perhaps the truck, but I guess that a proper truck simulation would involve chassis flex and perhaps few other modifications which they just didn't feel like doing at that time.

GothaR: WVS development discovered flaws in physics engine that have to be resolved before WVS is released. If the devs were to release WVS now, what would be the point of driving it if you knew that the handling is just wrong?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :I'd rather drive the Skoda Fabia RS than the Scirocco in lfs. Scirocco is getting old

I lol'.
I think trucks would have been a good way to go...
It would open up the sim to another genre of motorsport.
Personally I don't like truck racing, but nevertheless it is a step forward for the sim, but not going to happen, yet.
Quote from MadCatX :DevilDare: What offers have they turned down? Perhaps the truck, but I guess that a proper truck simulation would involve chassis flex and perhaps few other modifications which they just didn't feel like doing at that time.

A bunch of Ford cars including the WRC model accoring to 'rockclan'.
It's devs policy that I just read this thread about skoda in rF and I will now turn on the rF instead of wasting time in LFS. They (devs) don't care. ok... but this is not the way how to do a business successfully. It's not my whining, it's the fact.

Then again, this post is totally pointless for someone like Scawen or whoever can do something in the development of LFS. :smash:
If the (as I understand it) model almost were ready to implent inside the game, but just physics that needed to be done.. why not?
So many times before we have seen great offers that could be done with pretty "little" (in developing speech, it's still work) work, and still it's refused.

I can understand they want it to be their child, and having a own personal feeling over it. But giving it more diversity for no cost, other than some mere work hours.. strange. Just think of the posibilities with all the offers around there, and how good wouldn't it be for the community around the game?

It's up to the devs, nothing we can do. Wish there was something we could help them with, and something they actually coult entrust us with. Now it's just "we do it our way, and no - you canot help, buzz off unimportant community"

My two cents is that a game and its developers is measured in their community. Good community communications and actions between user/devlopers = good community, good game and long lifetime for the game.
Quote :Good community communications and actions between user/devlopers = good community, good game and long lifetime for the game.

well, it has been like that some years ago, when I joined up here. We had the occasional whiners too, but after only a month of silence.

Like when someone found the .eng-file editor. It was officially unlocked in the next version and DaveWS soundpack was included (right?). There was just more life in Life For Speed, today all activity come from users and there efforts, Airio and the like.

edit: What happened with the DPcars guy? He offered his selfmade single seater some time ago
Quote from Feffe85 :I think what ChiliFan meant was that rFactor is crap, physics wise..

Except that it's really not It's just that most mods are made by people who don't have a clue as to what they're doing

Quote from MadCatX :(...) what would be the point of driving it if you knew that the handling is just wrong?

Well, we've been driving all the other cars in LFS for all these years while their handling was wrong as well, obviously
Developers, this is so miserably, if you look at it from outside.

Skoda Fabia RS
(84 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG