The online racing simulator
They've found a good number 2 driver. Why sack him?
Quote from tristancliffe :They've found a good number 2 driver. Why sack him?

What is your problem? He's a good driver, forget the number 2. He's damn good.
Quote from tristancliffe :They've found a good number 2 driver. Why sack him?

Actually he is a rubbish number two driver, too fast and wont lay down on demand , speaks his mind , is not a corporate clone and will not suffer fools gladly.

Not number 2 potential at all..
Quote from tristancliffe :number 2 driver.

Which makes Vettel's recent performance even more embarrasing.
3 races with car problems = 3 poor performances... Webber is the ideal team number. Quick enough to take over when the team leader falters (for whatever reason), but not quite quick enough to generally worry him most of the time.
Quote from tristancliffe :3 races with car problems = 3 poor performances...

True but by recent performance I mean driving into the side of his team mate. We all know Vettel is not exactly known for consistancy.

Quote from tristancliffe :but not quite quick enough to generally worry him most of the time.

I'd say Webber has shown himself to be fairly equal in terms of speed this year, especially seeing as he has just about pipped Vettel 4-3 in qualifying at the moment, he also has 2 fastest laps to Vettel's 1 (if fastest laps actually count for much anyway). Obviously Vettel should've had better race results without the bad luck, but Vettel is hardly streets ahead and Webber has at the very least matched Vettel's speed quite consistantly.
-
(5haz) DELETED by 5haz
Obviously the first point depends on your point of view. Vettel was ahead, and could merge to the right. He certainly didn't swerve or make any unexcepted change of direction. If Webber had been behind and overtaking, and got alongside but half-a-car-length behind, everyone would know Vettel had the right to move to the right a bit. Anyway, clearly we'll disagree on this forever more.
Quote from 5haz :True but by recent performance I mean driving into the side of his team mate. We all know Vettel is not exactly known for consistancy.

I think he is fairly consistent especially in terms of race pace.

Besides the newbies errors I think he is consistent and relentlessly fast, kind of like Schumi or Alonso in their prime.
Quote from JJ72 :I think he is fairly consistent especially in terms of race pace.

Besides the newbies errors I think he is consistent and relentlessly fast, kind of like Schumi or Alonso in their prime.

Until his car stops falling apart like Peter Perfect in Wacky Racers, we'll never really know I suppose.
http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2010/5/10806.html

Q: Who is your dream date?
RB:
The way the question is put it obviously has to be a woman and you have plenty of faces that you would love to have opposite you at the table, even though my wife wouldn’t let me. But someone I really would love to have a chat with is Tiger Woods

I knew hes gay...
Quote from DevilDare :I knew hes gay...

nah, he is just interested in the "contacts" Tiger had....*wink wink*
im rather looking forwars to australias revenge for turkey on sunday in south africa
Well Tristan i do hope you don't make as many excuses in your own driving career as you do for Mr Vettle..

Must be hard to drive being one eyed
Felipe Massa to stay at Ferrari until 2012
I dont think the '10 car is suiting him at all.
Quote from tristancliffe : If Webber had been behind and overtaking, and got alongside but half-a-car-length behind, everyone would know Vettel had the right to move to the right a bit.

But he wasn't. So you're trying to make a point based on a what-if.
Quote from BlueFlame :But he wasn't. So you're trying to make a point based on a what-if.

Your point being. Vettel's move was technically legit. Everyone does it following an overtake on the inside if they aren't on top of the corner already (e.g. Schumi on Kimi, Brazil '06). His mistake (and Webber's too) was to assume that Webber would make any attempt to avoid an accident.
Quote from tristancliffe :Your point being. Vettel's move was technically legit. Everyone does it following an overtake on the inside if they aren't on top of the corner already (e.g. Schumi on Kimi, Brazil '06). His mistake (and Webber's too) was to assume that Webber would make any attempt to avoid an accident.

It was his mistake not Webbers, since when was holding your line a mistake? I understand what you are saying, but the reason the guy on the outside moves to the outside aswell, is to he can duck back underneath, obviously Webber didn't want to do that but we didn't get to the braking zone under safe conditions to be able to see if that was going to happen anyway.
Bridgestone is going to make softer compounds for the following races as it was shown After probably the best dry grand prix seen in 10 years that high tyre degregation = Entertaining GP.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84544

done at the right time too as Valencia needs some challenge and considering its quite green as well we could see similar conditions happening as long as the tyres are soft enough.
Quote from Mustafur :Bridgestone is going to make softer compounds for the following races as it was shown After probably the best dry grand prix seen in 10 years that high tyre degregation = Entertaining GP.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/84544

done at the right time too as Valencia needs some challenge and considering its quite green as well we could see similar conditions happening as long as the tyres are soft enough.

didn't it also said in the article that the super soft compound for the super soft tyres won't be ready for Valencia?

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG