The online racing simulator
Is LFS Dying?
(289 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Fuse5 :poster is american, so he only knows and supports iracing. move along

What does that make me?
Quote from pik_d :What does that make me?

I think that it has something to do with this

Is LFS dying? Yes.
Quote from Fuse5 :poster is american, so he only knows and supports iracing. move along

I think you're misguided here. Maybe it's because you are unAmerican, eh?

I am American and do not support iRacing. It's an alternative and I've tried it but didn't really care for how rigidly it's run.

So I think you're generalizations about Americans, at least on this particular point, is a bit wrongheaded (along with your usage-- grammatically speaking).

But consider that most people are accustomed to having things instantly. They watch TV ten hours a day, and American Idol is their favorite program. I think you can see that the way LFS has been developed goes against the grain.

Alan

Wow...
you can hold the frowning down, that was just a wild generalization aimed at the original, even wilder generalization.
Is LFS dying? The andswer is - yes.. What are you discuting more about?
I wonder why this thread isn't closed yet or merged with Scirocco moan thread.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :I reckon it's dying because so many people are just stuck on the demo. Or they've cracked the game (Which is illegal - Don't get ideas you scum.) Which would mean that the devs aren't getting the money from ALL the people that play

If they were not making enough money from S2, wouldn't the devs release S3? I'm sure most of us here wouldn't mind paying a few bucks for some new content.
Since that Server Move LFS is dead allright. Ghost town
#211 - AMB
Cue the tumbleweed....

On Topic though, it will be here, when it's finished....
i've always wondered about the move to UDP, and how it relates to LFS... a lot of people complained that they can't find servers anymore, and most of the time it's down to the user's router or ISP, but i can't feeling that it might have been a bad move.
LFS dying? Thank god, I'm still alive.

Maybe time to resuscitate?
Quote from 5haz :Nahhh, Sold Out Games re release the game every so often for about £7 (original copies are pretty valuable though).

4.99£ And that's the only thing that keeps it from turning into abandonware
Quote from JoeCool :LFS dying? Thank god, I'm still alive.

Maybe time to resuscitate?

A new movie.
Another one! The same old story over and over again.
Yep, but it´s still quite entertaining.
Seeing as I am soooo bored with my time off work and this topic of LFS about LFS dying heres some old threads covering this issue, with last post date.

The Great Moaning about Updates versus Ethos Controversy
14th July 2008 13:10
Is it my imagination or are th ... online racers declining?
3rd March 2008 07:27
LFS nothing new for long time!
3rd December 2007 02:13

Ive been around for quite a while,as have many others posting in this thread God yes i get bored with LFS, as i do along with talking, eating, life, poeple, etc etc. But at the same time the pleasures I get outwiegh the negatives most of the time, Unless Its really bothering me.
This is what this thread is about, people are concerned about LFS, emotions heightened and opinions shared. I dont think anything is infinite, nothing itself may not be immune either. But this is the point things live and die, Peoples Interest may die becasue of developement proccess, but then again they may revisit. People also change and may never rekindle the flame that burnt previous desires to compete online in this Simulator. Life goes on.

The above threads I mainly highlighted because of the content, dates and overall relationship to the broad range of attributes that can be said to create this "dying" belief. People seem to be attracted to the game because of the community online. This Community that is said to be dying.

Life goes on in many ways, for some its other activities away from sim racing, or complete change of workstlye. For everyne involved in the community, no matter if a demo racer with his first post, or some world record breaker, a respected member of the forum. But Its different it has changed, its a little more organised and there are alot of active racers and leagues.
Public racing can be argued to be a little different and this is where confusion seems to be submerged.

Its 3 guys remember this, support them. I know without support and passion I dont get very far with things I try to achieve within my own life.
I know I dont get very far on the track without learning from my mistakes and patience with my vehicle and other racers.
Sometimes I do wish they would be more vocal at certain points within anythread that really would benefit from a voice from either of the LFS team.
But just look at thread title for christs sake, come on guys. You really think trying convince yourslef others LFS is dying, its changed the community has changed , old have left , waiting just just playing randomly some are still racing regurlary but not a high percentage (talking about 5 year + users)
But then again Im going from my buddy list and dont really add to many on there. 50 maybe? (will have to check)
I could spout out about he oil slick at the gulf, which is a far more important topic then this.
But Life guys sometimes it sucks and sometimes you wish you could live forever.
Keep the balance between what ever you love healthy or you will kill it, plain and simple. No matter your cat your car your life, or LFS.

Treat thiis forum like the track. Respect the races and rules and most of all the reason why the race is run. Otherwise the guru of blackwood Forest..

WILL

GET

YOU

Seriously guys hes outhere somewhere Im sure of it ......
:chair: <-- not dead
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :...

I think the main problem is that devs closed themselves towards us. (and this has been said million times on forums, and million+1 times ignored from devs :-( )
Basically communication flow went from persons to persons (devs) into persons to wall. All being said is, that lack of communication from dev's side is killing LFS.
I've never seen a patch or something similar since I am here, so it's kind of a unpleasant to see that devs turned away from us.
I'd be very delighted If this attitude from them will change to one, that was in past. (from what I've heard/read, sadly never experienced :-( )

Still waiting for some patch. Even added some € to my LFS account.
Keep up good work devs! ;-) and please communicate with us!
Mich
The title of the topic could change to "Is LFS in the limbo?" because, dead it is since iRacing came out. The question now is if is still between this world and the other side, with a minimum chance to relive... sad
The Brazilian is back!!!
You know what the sad part is? People claim how iRacing is so much better. But its not when you truely break it down.

Content: iR
Physics: LFS
Online fun: LFS
User friendly: LFS
Wide range of ability: LFS

The reason I put LFS ahead in physics is very simple. I've been in iRacing since beta and all I can say is that they haven't done one decent step in the physics department that I thought was truely significant. You look at the tire model and you see a black rubber block. You look at the transmission modelling and you step back and say, "what transmission modelling?". When the cars don't feel utterly "faked" anymore then I'll race on it frequently, but until then its a screenshot generator, and nothing more.

Now as far as LFS being dead, well it still has players online doesn't it? To me that's the same as a human heartbeat. It's still pumping, so no LFS isn't dead... yet.

This is all my opinion of course. And if anything is dead it is the once decent community here, now it seems to be invaded by spoiled kids.

Carry on with your rambling, I'm going to bed now.
if comparing Iracing to LFS, one very important point springs to mind,
LFS= single payment (assuming current model, s3 will be £36 (you pay once and can play forever))
Iracing you have to keep on paying and paying and paying
so over time LFS offers far better value for money

SD.
Quote from SparkyDave :if comparing Iracing to LFS, one very important point springs to mind,
LFS= single payment (assuming current model, s3 will be £36 (you pay once and can play forever))
Iracing you have to keep on paying and paying and paying
so over time LFS offers far better value for money

SD.

Amen to that! Having completed my iRacing rookie licence it quickly became obvious that to progress further you have to buy a car and/or circuit(s) that are not in the starter set, so have shelled out for the Skip Barber F2000 and Sebring (because that's where they are racing this week). But next week I won't be able to race in that league till I buy next week's circuit or till the league comes round to a track I do have. Most of the tracks being USA ones are not ones I am familiar with from TV either so it takes a longer time to learn them although more UK/Europe ones are making an appearance. I suppose eventually once you have all the licenced tracks and cars in your collection then you are in the same situation as we are on LFS, in that you can race anything anywhere for no extra cost. But the cost of getting to that state is way, way, more than £24 or £36. So certainly LFS has a very value-for-money model in comparison, the downside of that being the slow pace of development.
This thread is closed

Is LFS Dying?
(289 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG