The online racing simulator
Quote from JPeace :Personally I think Hamilton is under-pressure, and its showing, he had no pressure in his first year: he had the seat, and it wasn't going anywhere. But recently he has had a quick teammate and has turned into prost; blaming everything but himself for the lack of results. The car is obviously quick, we can see that from Button's results. I think Button has a good run at this championship imo.

Hamilton is certainly under pressure, but I wouldn't call Button the new Prost. Hamilton has had a few mistakes and Button is driving better than he has ever done and is only 11 points ahead of Lewis.

Also looking at the results to signal car performance is misleading because both wins have come from tyre choice in mixed conditions. The jury is still out on car performance. Though when RedBull had a clear run they are uncatchable
How good is Kubica driving, i think its safe to say considering hes car hes doing the best job out there so far.
today, is the happyest day of my life.

i took a Pontiac Montana ( yes, a minivan ) around the Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve.... at... 30km/h

since the circuit itself is a '' street '' during 50 weeks a year, there is a speed limit...

still, it was good fun hitting every apex and telling my mom on wich corner a grand prix driver had an accident....
Quote from el pibe :today, is the happyest day of my life.

i took a Pontiac Montana ( yes, a minivan ) around the Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve.... at... 30km/h

since the circuit itself is a '' street '' during 50 weeks a year, there is a speed limit...

still, it was good fun hitting every apex and telling my mom on wich corner a grand prix driver had an accident....

Reminds me of that tour I once did on Spa Francochamps, speed limit to reduce noise for the 3 neighbours building a villa around the circuit. (:shrug
Quote from Mustafur :How good is Kubica driving, i think its safe to say considering hes car hes doing the best job out there so far.

Kubica is definitely impressive compared to his team-mate, but there's the crux of the issue regarding Kubica - just how good is Petrov? Is Kubica over-performing, or is Petrov under-performing? And by how much?

The driver who has impressed me the most is Nico Rosberg. Even considering that Michael Schumacher is rusty and behind the power curve, Rosberg is completely thrashing him and sitting 2nd in the WDC ladder, ahead of better seeded drivers.
Quote from samjh :Kubica is definitely impressive compared to his team-mate, but there's the crux of the issue regarding Kubica - just how good is Petrov? Is Kubica over-performing, or is Petrov under-performing? And by how much?

The driver who has impressed me the most is Nico Rosberg. Even considering that Michael Schumacher is rusty and behind the power curve, Rosberg is completely thrashing him and sitting 2nd in the WDC ladder, ahead of better seeded drivers.

You can tell the renault isn't as fast as even the mercedes due to its inferior quaily performance, kubica has made the best out of poor conditions though.
While you guys have this debate about who is the better driver you are missing all the important stories. I bet nobody has even heard about Alonso's thumbs, am I right?

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/83155

How long will it be before Kubica insures his nose?
Quote from Mustafur :It could do with a good panel beating.

Well, Renault could run some tests in the wind tunnel regarding Kubica's nose, after all, it could only be an improvement.
It looks pretty aerodynamic. Very streamlined.

I think Kobayashi is the most disadvantaged in the nose department. The Oriental nose has a less streamlined profile than the Caucasian nose.
Quote from Greboth : Over the race distance though, with Button being better on his tyres then I think Button is probably the quickest.

as you said hamilton has for one reason or another had to hammer his tyres getting past people, it'll be interesting to see what happens if he ever gets a clear run and doesn't cock it up, as in testing bridgestone admitted that, whilst not wanting to mention names, they were surprised by the fact that the mclaren driver that was hardest on tyres was not the one they expected
Source?
autosport about 2 weeks before the first gp of the year in the little side column in the news section

EDIT: not sure i actually believe it myself either but on the other hand in australia button did say he had no choice but to pit so early as his inters were shot. if i had to try and reason it i'd guess it was whilst button was trying to get to grips with the ins and outs of setting the mclaren up for his driving style
The Bridgestone guy that comes on bbc during free practice sessions also said the same thing in china.
Oh whatever, I don't know where they get it from, even if cigarette companies had their advertising everywhere it wouldn't make most people any more likely to go out and buy any more fags than they normally do.
Whether or not it is actually Marlboro sponsor I have always thought it was. Just because it was (and is?) does not make me want a cigarette though. Everyone is affected by advertising in some way or other so for those who are it is arguable that it is good its been removed. What I do not understand though, Ferrari have been running the barcode since the ban in 2002 (I think) so it has taken them 8 years to realise this?
IIRC they are only under contract until the end of this year too.
This is just stupidity at its finest.
There's a way to get around it......just make a energy drink under the Malboro brand, with slightly different visuals, then you can claim you are advertising the drink division while people still sees what is unmistakably Malboro.
They are selling the Brand, not the product. Of course the connection between Marlboro and cig is too strong that anyone can argue against the obvious deception. But in pure theory and legal terms, it is a legit workaround.
IIRC the agreement among F1-teams to stop running tobaco-branding goes further back than the EU ban but somehow agreements never seem to apply to Ferrari.

Anyway, they could run Marlboro Classics as it is a clothing brand.
I came on here to post about this thinking its not like it would have been spoken about already. But its been brought up. Not long ago i kinda picked up on this but didnt really care til i saw the news.

What i saw when i noticed it, is how its shaped. Ive been smoking marlboro reds for the last 4 years, so when i started noticing the barcode, couldnt help but notice it resembles the packet ALOT. Not sure if the packets look different overseas but to me, it makes alot of sence.

You got the black bit of the barcode which is Marlboro at the bottom. Theres the white background, in the thin red barcode in the middle and then the thicker red lines at the top, which is where the red is on the packet. It clearly resembles the packet.
Nobody cares, smoking is cool, sure it might kill you a bit but surely it's a price worth paying for looking cool.

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG