The online racing simulator
iPhone 4
(480 posts, started )
Dont think you can. Thats why its a contract.

When I was getitng my new smartphone I had a choice between iPhone, Nokia E72 or Nokia N97. I went for the E72, and my God do I love it. Simply an amazing phone that does all I need it to and more. Couldnt be happier.
#77 - AMB
Yeah I know it's a contract, but I read that if you want to cancel it you pay a 'fee' which is normally the remainder of the contract which sounds fine to me, guess i'll phone them up
Usually you can get out of contracts by paying a fee, yes. How much that fee is, exactly, depends on the provider in question.
the fee will get you out of the contract, but you best ask how much the fee is first...and dont get an 8gb, get the step higher, i have like 450 songs and its almost filled, and i dont have the phone part, only the ipod touch.

so when you are done with apps contacts, pictures, videos, and music you will be filled up and will have to manage everything, so just bite the bullet and go for a step up...and wait for this thing to come out :hide:
Quote from AMB :Yeah I know it's a contract, but I read that if you want to cancel it you pay a 'fee' which is normally the remainder of the contract which sounds fine to me, guess i'll phone them up

I think I remember asking something about this and it was like for every month you had left in your contract, you paid $12. Now, don't quote me on this, but I am pretty sure that's what it is (with AT&T).
I like the iPhone but I have yet to find it's features useful beyond the pricetag. I just want a phone that can text and call, so it's simple...the iPhone isn't for me.

The one thing that bugs me about iPhone owners is the fact that instead of saying "I will text him/her", it gets extended to "I will text him/her on my iPhone"..."I'll call them on my iPhone"....just say phone ffs!
#82 - Jakg
Quote from AMB :Thinking of getting an IPhone, 8GB, but I was wondering if anyone knows whether I can pay off my existing contract? it still has over half the contract left (18mths) i'm assuming it would be a one off payment of the remainder of my contract right?

Yes - you pay your entire outstanding balance (i.e. your line rental x the monthly cost).

Seems a bit pointless when you can just buy the iPhone on PAYG and then sell the phone you'll get when you renew the contract - as you'll throw money away paying off your contract.

Also, at least wait 'till the iPhone "4G" is out - it will push prices of the 3GS down a *lot*
#83 - AMB
Thanks for the advice all, think i'll do what Jakg sais.
Quote from spacedskunk :The one thing that bugs me about iPhone owners is the fact that instead of saying "I will text him/her", it gets extended to "I will text him/her on my iPhone"..."I'll call them on my iPhone"....just say phone ffs!

Yup! That drives me crazy too!
Ahh, yes. Its actually called iPenis. Its a small quick exercise that claims to grow your penis size by 5+ inches!
Quote from spacedskunk :
The one thing that bugs me about iPhone owners is the fact that instead of saying "I will text him/her", it gets extended to "I will text him/her on my iPhone"..."I'll call them on my iPhone"....just say phone ffs!

You do know that by law, you are alowed to give them a skelp across the head. Get them Telt and soon it will stop.
It was the same with the Blackberry. It isn't a new concept to brag about your phone with the iPhone.

I would get emails at work from the sales folks and even the emails stated "sent via Blackberry" at the bottom.
Quote from mrodgers :It was the same with the Blackberry. It isn't a new concept to brag about your phone with the iPhone.

I would get emails at work from the sales folks and even the emails stated "sent via Blackberry" at the bottom.

Yes, even I used to do that some time ago... every time I posted from a phone I would add to the end of the post: "Posted with Nokia N95".
But I stopped doing that a while ago... nowadays only a moderator would be able to check whether I've posted something from the phone or not since I don't say it (by checking IP's ISP).

ps: I posted this message with Nokia N95. Oh, the irony.
Quote from mrodgers :It was the same with the Blackberry. It isn't a new concept to brag about your phone with the iPhone.

Pretty sure the default to that message. It is pointless though :/
Quote from pb32000 :Pretty sure the default to that message. It is pointless though :/

Actually, the iPhone also does that by default when you send an e-mail... But that means that the producer actually thought it would be cool to have a Blackberry, an iPhone or an hi-level Nokia...
I can't really see an e-mail with at the end "Sent by Nokia 1100", can you?

Just to be clear, I've nothing against mobile phones that do what a mobile is supposed to do, and nothing else. Just to prevent a whole load of Nokia 1100 users that writes me a full review of his mobile with all the features that my phone hasn't got...

btw,
Sent by iPhone
(xD)
General Posting Error
Core memory dump in progress

Sent by Windows XP
why not getting an iTouch for bragging about your ipenis and a cheap phone for calling/texting.... ?

btw,
sent by a P4 2.8Ghz
Quote from el pibe :why not getting an iTouch for bragging about your ipenis and a cheap phone for calling/texting.... ?

btw,
sent by a P4 2.8Ghz

But the iTouch is for your ipenis the equivellent of a job half done, you need atleast an iGrab.

Sent from my iPhone with added leather case and blue tooth enabled in car system
Quote from el pibe :why not getting an iTouch for bragging about your ipenis and a cheap phone for calling/texting.... ?

btw,
sent by a P4 2.8Ghz

Because with an iPhone you have an iPod Touch and a phone in one device, it uses less space and weigh less than an iPod Touch and a cheap phone.

Sent by a black iPhone 3G[S] 32GB with a white soft rubber case.

btw,
sent by a P4 2.8Ghz

Because it's not very practical having two phones to carry everywhere you go and besides, calling with the poor one would make you look bad even if you had an iTouch.

Sent via my Nokia n95-3 with up to 16gb memory card (right now with 8gb) and unlimited internet.
....and thats why i have a nice phone and a nice ipod

sent by a computer, yes those still do go on the internet guys
Yes but your computer can't...

Sent from my iPhone whilst sat on the loo
i've got a cheap crappy phone and an ipod touch. Thats a good combo

sent via AMD Phenom 2 940 Black Edition AM2+ 3.0Ghz
#99 - Jakg
iPod Touch + Cheap phone is the worst of both world - mobile internet is where its at.
Quote from Becky Rose :Yes but your computer can't...

Sent from my iPhone whilst sat on the loo

Of course it can. Doubles as a handy lap warmer whilst your pants are around your ankles as well. Let's see your low-power, chrome-lined telephone pull off that trick.

iPhone 4
(480 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG