The online racing simulator
Quote from logitekg25 :its late, and i dont feel like thinking about what you said, can you please use a simpler analogy

Holy balls, if you don't get that analogy you should sleep before posting.

His point is that the forum is full of proverbial dirt, and that the other poster was saying that the dirt in your house should have a mind of itself and clean itself up instead of being vacuumed etc (a la Mods and admins in the forum).

He does have a point, the forum doesn't belong to the dirt, and the owners are not grooming it like they used to.

I can't believe I wasted 30 seconds explaining this; that would be the fault of locally brewed beer.
Oh come on, most everyone would not even realise that a tyre physics change would make any difference. If I tell you it's real it's real right???

Lets face it, it's all about the fun racing and/or community that goes with it.

I am too looking forward to the next update...but..be real guys it's surely not going to make you orgasm and put any other game pretending to be a race simulator out of fashion for morethan a couple of days>

At ther end of the day we all want better, we all want updates... we all want everything!

When we have everything then we're ****ed!
Quote from AlienT. :
When we have everything then we're ****ed!

That's never going to happen. You can always get more content in there to please peoples senses.
For the time being, still loving LFS, not leaving it....

I have bought a 1 year iRacing license and bought like all the cars and a few tracks.
Quote from rockclan :For the time being, still loving LFS, not leaving it....

I have bought a 1 year iRacing license and bought like all the cars and a few tracks.

I bet you have alot of fun!

On the other hand, when I tried iRacing for a while I got the feeling of being locked to their decisions all the time.
Quote from logitekg25 :anyone want to pm me with other games like lfs, with preferably full g25 support....i dont even mind if it doesnt have great physics

edit: just to pass time while waiting on lfs, in fact il probably play lfs the most still

If u like open wheel i suggest u try Netkar Pro, actually i think it's the best simulator.

Online support is very low, this is the only problem of NetKar but phisic in game and feeb back is a "dream" for LFS.
i should have read that analogy twice, i do get it now
Is patch out yet?
I wait long time!
My teeth fell out!
Can I sue?

And finally, if a tree falls in a forest, but noone sees it, does it make any sound?
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :... And finally, if a tree falls in a forest, but noone sees it, does it make any sound?

If a man speaks in a forest and there's no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?
I just want to put things sorta on topic (at least on the topic of LFS) so....

Did anyone else notice that the Rockingham paddock will be the first paddock in LFS to be seperate from the pit stalls? I know it's only a a few feets of concrete and a waiste high wall in between, but I think it's little details like these that remind you that Rockingham is going to be nothing like we've ever felt before.
Quote from Rappa Z :I just want to put things sorta on topic so....

Did anyone else notice that the Rockingham paddock will be the first paddock in LFS to be seperate from the pit stalls? I know it's only a a few feets of concrete and a waiste high wall in between, but I think it's little details like these that remind you that Rockingham is going to be nothing like we've ever felt before.

IIRC they use the pit stalls infront of the garages for non-oval events?
I think it depends on how you look at it. If you look at the first picture on the LFS.net screenshots page you can clearly see that the lane going into the paddock is closed off, then there is a seperate lane for the pitlane. They are certainly in front of the garages still, just not directly in front like in every LFS track we currently have. Also, I assume that the picture is taken on a road course configuration because there is a cone in the left side of the shot, which I don't think would be there unless to signify the inside of the corner joing the oval.

Now let me argue with myself by saying there is another shot, which clearly shows the FBM joing the oval from the road course. On the very right side of this shot, it is possible to make out the entrance to the paddock lane, and it appears to be open. From a few youtube videos (of F3 and GT pitstops) it appears that the cars were pitting on what I call the pit lane, which the paddock doors do not open directly to. I am actually quite curious now as to where the pit stalls will be placed.
Attached images
ROK_FBM4.jpg
ROK_FBM3.jpg
At the BTCC meeting anyway, it was forbidden to drive with your engine on into the area between the garages and the concrete blocks, the cars had to be pushed and once pushed back into the garages that was the end of your session. All pitstops were done "over the wall".

Although, driving out onto the track, I can't honestly remember if we went from the garage area out to the pit lane and then onto the track or not...

A reminder though that the BTCC is there this weekend, so for those going make sure you have a shot of LFS
whats a paddock
Taken from Answers.com
Quote :An area of an automobile racetrack where cars are prepared before a race.

I thought that was quite common over here. It's the long blue building at Rockingham!
I have a big wish.. A sign of Life from one of the Devs. and a short massage about the programming status. And why.. why the hell they dont give the code free for hobby Programmer. Some new tracks would be so nice :/. I mean some Modders wich are working on LFS mods can do some Tracks. Its nothing against Scawen but i think lfs is such a big project now and some help for him would be so nice
Making new content is not the issue, VWS and "the Rock" are ready for a long time (3d models) IMO. It's the physics that's delaying everything.

Mod tools won't be released because (my guess) Devs don't have time to support it (other then the fact they said no plenty of times with good reasons) and a bunch of documentation needs to be written, even further delaying everything .

It is really getting boring, but hey - new Netkar is out!

Oh, there is message from Scawen not 2 months old.
You guys really would like him to hang on forums and answer to all the shit
Quote from Be2K :And why.. why the hell they dont give the code free for hobby Programmer.

kthxbai.
Quote from boothy :At the BTCC meeting anyway, it was forbidden to drive with your engine on into the area between the garages and the concrete blocks, the cars had to be pushed and once pushed back into the garages that was the end of your session. All pitstops were done "over the wall".

Although, driving out onto the track, I can't honestly remember if we went from the garage area out to the pit lane and then onto the track or not...

A reminder though that the BTCC is there this weekend, so for those going make sure you have a shot of LFS

I hope LFS is there. Anyone from here that will go?
Quote :And why.. why the hell they dont give the code free for hobby Programmer.

Ugh......

Quote from hp999 :kthxbai.

Agreed....

Proprietary code cannot be released because of the risk of income loss. And that would be risking the existence of the dev's entire project altogether.

If you want a programming project : join Mat and Slinger and I on our RCX project creating a arcade racing game based on the Rollcage Series: We are opensource, therefore as a "hobby" programmer you can have something to do, even if we don't like you.....

LFS will NEVER publicly release their source, and with good reason.

You want to mess with code and do mods? We need programmers, Spam our forum instead of making wack-job requests here... We need the help, Scawen doesn't want or need it, also with good purity reasons.

Scawen would probably say the same thing... Want to code?: go Insim, or get a opensource project...

We are using (and aiming for) pretty realistic physics (through ODE).. im sure with enough study you could mod OUR engine into the LFS YOU WANT...... over time with patience...

Otherwise get another race sim. I'm getting tired of hearing people demand the same shit over and over again. If you don't like the 'lack of modding' , capabilities then go get a race sim with modding tools.
Quote from CodieMorgan :...on our RCX project creating a arcade racing game based on the Rollcage Series.

Rollcage was awesome <queue fond memories of Psygnosis>
Good luck to you!
Quote from Be2K :I have a big wish.. A sign of Life from one of the Devs.

There are enough "signs of life". Many people just choose to ignore them because they don't like those signs.
Quote from farcar :Rollcage was awesome <queue fond memories of Psygnosis>
Good luck to you!

Thanks. Hopefully you will enjoy our edition when the time comes...
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG