The online racing simulator
i just dont care about lfs the game itself anymore,on weekends i might go up for like 30 min and im done... Start growing up people! it is just a game right?
Nope...It's not just a game. It's a lifestyle The thing is: we now got Z28, let's stick with this for a while, and when they gotz the next patch ready, let's go for that and have fun!!
I`ts been 6 monts since the last serious updata. I`t almost 1 and 1/2 years since they announced the Scirocco. And unless they updated the game in secrecy to s1/s2 users, as fac as i am concerned, it will be at least 6 more monts, until the next update. If anything happens before the 20th October 2010 i will go and buy the game.
I i forget, please send me a PM with a quote of this message. TNX
Quote from TigerClw :If anything happens before the 20th October 2010 i will go and buy the game.

There have been plenty of updates since 2006 when your account was created.
None of those previous updates ever prompted you to buy a licence, but you would have us believe that this particular update will, BUT only if it is released before 20/10/2010.

I don't believe you for a second.
LOL It's been this long and Y'all STILL ain't satisfied with the tires?
Oh well, I guess some things never change
And what's this Volkswagon car I keep hearing about?
There's all kinds a things I wanted to ask when I posted on the forums Like did Lerts ever get a license? but when I saw the thread about tires......
Oh well Hopefully, I'll have the wheel up and running again and maybe by the time you release the VW, I'll actually have time to play.
Quote from Racer Y :LOL It's been this long and Y'all STILL ain't satisfied with the tires?
Oh well, I guess some things never change
And what's this Volkswagon car I keep hearing about?
There's all kinds a things I wanted to ask when I posted on the forums Like did Lerts ever get a license? but when I saw the thread about tires......
Oh well Hopefully, I'll have the wheel up and running again and maybe by the time you release the VW, I'll actually have time to play.

He got, I bought him one lol
It's weird how people can't wait until the new tyre physics are released. I mean I would like to see them but as I have no real racing experience (going 200km/h through a city for instance) I can't really imagine how much the feeling of the cars is going to change. It may be interesting too but it will definatly be irritating and frustrating the first few days/weeks to learn driving again.

So until the patch arrives I'm just happy to know how to drive and improve LX6 or FO8.
Ok, I used to be a LFS fanboy. I am still one. But not as fanatic as before, specially because of the patch. I can't help but think it is taking too long. I'm sorry, I thought I would never ever say this, but I can't just keep the expectations.

I will be incredibly happy to see when the patch really comes, but until then I don't have any motivation to keep on visiting the LFS.net website. Rockingham looks awesome and I can't wait to pay another 12 pounds for it, but it's just not out yet, and thus I can't race it. I've ran out of motivation.

I also have got to admit that reading people complaining about the patch before it is released is depressing. People should do something else, talk about other matters, come on, why do people complain so much? I most probably want the patch as much as you do but I'm not complaining, I'm living my life, come one guys. (This is directed to the ones complaining).

I've always told my friends how awesome and perfect LFS is, shown them the game and send download links for the demo so they could try it out. All of that just to get a response that always follow this same pattern: "come on, it looks really bad, and there are no real cars apart from the BF1. Come on, why do the windows BLEND??!?!?!". I tell them "they're improving it, it's in alpha stage and it will get much better, we will have new car interiors, the Scirocco, a new track and much more. By the way, thought we [me and my friend] have never ever seen the LFS cars (apart from BF1), there are more real cars than just the BF1, like the MRT, the RAC, etc". But the patch seems just too far away, and I've stopped waiting for it. I'll be happy to play it when it gets released, though. And I still like LFS and LFS physics.

The thing that holds most of my attention in LFS is its physics. It looks a lot like a sandbox engine in which the cars just happen to be racing each other, with physics and reactions being calculated real time. Anything could happen, and the exact same thing will never happen twice.
It doesn't look like a scripted sequence or scripted car responses that are continuously being looped while you pretend you are actually in control of the car during a race, which by the way is the only thing you can do and you are limited to it (this is how I feel about the whole GTR series and all SimBin games). This "sandbox" feeling is what I appreciate most in LFS, and this is why I still play it, not because "it's getting some updates!!!". Of course updates are gladly welcome, and I really want them! Also, not getting any updates is very disappointing indeed, but we can't do anything about it so let it be. Go do something else, go out with friends and family, whatever.
Just to enforce what I mean and assure people will understand, I should make a note: when I say "sandbox" I don't mean cruise or something like that. I have nothing against it, but I really mean racing.

In my opinion, to get even better than it is now, LFS needs a completely new car collision model, with not only blending but also breaking and falling parts, a lot of damage cosmetics and of course things that influence the gameplay too, but I think damage is one of the most important things. And it must be calculated real time too. As I consider LFS a "sandbox" engine, it would be simply awesome to have real time damage and effects too. It would be even better than DiRT2's damage models, and it would look a lot more realistic.

Well... I am now unsubscribing from this thread because I can't stand reading more complaints now, I don't even know why I hadn't unsubscribed before.

I wasn't supposed to write all of this but now that I did it... never mind, I'll just press the "Submit Reply button".
Im having a blast in race07 and richard burns rally.

LFS was long time ago. shure, i fire it up sometimes but because i'm waiting the locked settings that will come with the scirocco it just feel a bit tad. All the waiting that is.

But hey, I can keep on waiting, and play the others in meanwhile.
you guys need to man up! Quit whining you noobs!
anyone want to pm me with other games like lfs, with preferably full g25 support....i dont even mind if it doesnt have great physics

edit: just to pass time while waiting on lfs, in fact il probably play lfs the most still
Quote from logitekg25 :anyone want to pm me with other games like lfs, with preferably full g25 support....i dont even mind if it doesnt have great physics

edit: just to pass time while waiting on lfs, in fact il probably play lfs the most still

Just get Richard Burns Rally if you relly wanna try the best rally experience and then get Race07.

It's decent driving in both.
This is how i see it
okay guys, so i havent posted all that much, i've played lfs for 4 years now, yet am still waiting for the scirocco, why say summit if its not gonna happen? i know am key at this but still, you promise us a car, a track, new tire physics, what? like 2/3 years ago? cooooooooooome on lfstech, unless u are doing 1 small thing per YEAR for the tyre physics i guess it will only happen at the end of 2000

Man, there may be difficulties, it may be hard, not too hard, to make it take 2/3 years, i've seen games happen in atleast 30/40 days
not 30/40 years.
Quote from wee-m8 :
Man, there may be difficulties, it may be hard, not too hard, to make it take 2/3 years, i've seen games happen in atleast 30/40 days
not 30/40 years.

Try to make game and think if you would post this again. Even if you have like 90 people working on a game, it can take one or two years to develop it and there are still TONS of things missing, becouse the developers have very strict deadlines to finish project and they must consider "what is possible and what is required". LFS is a different case and also very interesting imho. three people are developing LFS as a hobby, from what I heard(saw) they don´t get enough money to live from it(with enough comfort) so they have other job that probably has nothing to do with LFS.

You must also consider the complexivity of the game. The more complex tha game is, the harder is to improove and expand it. I believe that there will be a moment when Scawier realises that three people are not enough. But I believe that this moment is still far away and devs can hopefully keep up with other sims for some time.
Quote from logitekg25 :anyone want to pm me with other games like lfs,

+1 to richard burns rally also try
nkpro & gp legends.

I just laugh at people who joined in 2008 & think they have a right to winge about progress. It happens when it happens & thats that.
Go find something else to do.
were you refferring to me who 'laughs' at progress

i dont whine about anything here, they have created the best game i have ever played. nkpro is just a black screen on my pc, and gp legends doesnt have any road cars if i remember? (i really like racing road cars :shrug
Quote from anttt69 :+1 to richard burns rally also try
nkpro & gp legends.

I just laugh at people who joined in 2008 & think they have a right to winge about progress. It happens when it happens & thats that.
Go find something else to do.

I have no idea whether you intended to refer to me with that, but I'm replying to you just because, since my join date shows "2008", I guess I fit the description.

I've been playing LFS (as a demo user) since 2005. I have youtube videos posted back then so you can check that out. And I'm not complaining either, in my post above my intention was to show that I'm not as fanboy and incredibly-excited-with-LFS as I used to be. I explain it better on the post, sorry I don't have time to write again. I'm not whining, moaning or whatever, and I still think LFS is great, is the best simulator etc. But I just can't lie: I'm not excited about it as I were before. I can't keep the expectations, which were too high.

edit: post count 1234
Quote from JPeace :[...]I think, that join date does not change anything, and thinking it does just reflects your arrogance. I for one am not whining about progress, infact im the oposite, like you, fed up of people whining. I chose to respond to your post - however - because you are infact as bad as people who are whining, you are whining about people whining. Which I think you should be brought to realise. Let people whine, thats what people do, you don't have to look at the thread do you? No. So don't[...].

I dislike posting short messages like this, but now I feel I have to.
I agree with you.
Quote from JPeace :Im sure, mate, that if you took a survay, you would find that more people below join date of 2008 are "winging" about progress that people above 2008. I think, that join date does not change anything, and thinking it does just reflects your arrogance. I for one am not whining about progress, infact im the oposite, like you, fed up of people whining. I chose to respond to your post - however - because you are infact as bad as people who are whining, you are whining about people whining. Which I think you should be brought to realise. Let people whine, thats what people do, you don't have to look at the thread do you? No. So don't, or maybe trolling the forum's is what you are looking for, if that's the case. Get the F?ck out.

eh? look whos talking mate that all i can say. Your post reflects more arrogance than mine. Some people have been here longer & in general those are the more mature members of the community. We are both fed up of the kiddies moaning but dont you ever come in here & start telling me what to do. Who do you think you are?
Quote from anttt69 :eh? look whos talking mate that all i can say. Your post reflects more arrogance than mine. Some people have been here longer & in general those are the more mature members of the community. We are both fed up of the kiddies moaning but dont you ever come in here & start telling me what to do. Who do you think you are?

I see a post where someone is moaning about someone moaning about someone moaning about a post where someone is moaning.

I'm going to have to get my ironing board out.

E: and the post that was quoted in the second generation moan wasn't actually a moan, he was asking about other games as has been suggested time and time again.

E^2: damn now I've had a moan. I'll need a special steam generator Iron to sort this one out
All I can say is; poor Dev's.
Because every single time they log onto the forum, they'll find another list of threads with people whinging about how the physics are coming along, when the scirocco is coming, and where S3 is staying.
And people still wonder why the devs ánd the admins have given up on the forum.
People should start looking at themselves, as that's the only reason why every source of information about LFS has gone silent on this forum.
Quote from Stiggie :All I can say is; poor Dev's.
Because every single time they log onto the forum, they'll find another list of threads with people whinging about how the physics are coming along, when the scirocco is coming, and where S3 is staying.
And people still wonder why the devs ánd the admins have given up on the forum.
People should start looking at themselves, as that's the only reason why every source of information about LFS has gone silent on this forum.

It's always been silent until they have had something to say, it's always been that way for as far as I can remember.

I'm sure they rarely even read these long list of threads full of people moaning, they know what these threads will contain so probably wont even go near them.

Quote from Bawbag :It's always been silent until they have had something to say, it's always been that way for as far as I can remember.

I'm sure they rarely even read these long list of threads full of people moaning, they know what these threads will contain so probably wont even go near them.

+1

I'm sure there will be test patches for the new physics and Scawen will be very active again in the Test Patch Forum.

We just don't know when.
Quote from Stiggie :And people still wonder why the devs ánd the admins have given up on the forum.

To say the forum/community is crap because of the users, is a bit like saying if a house turns into a cesspool it's not the fault of the 'poor people' who let that house go downhill, but rather of dust and dirt and filth not getting rid of themselves.
its late, and i dont feel like thinking about what you said, can you please use a simpler analogy
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG