The online racing simulator
iPhone 4
(480 posts, started )
am i the only person who wonders what the 2 headphone jacks are about
Quote from logitekg25 :am i the only person who wonders what the 2 headphone jacks are about

Umm, what are you talking about? There's just one headphone jack on this phone...
#29 - Woz
Apple ... I like their toys but would never buy one because of how they use DRM, lock-in, control and manipulation like a weapon.
Quote from shashdev :Eh, first of all, I don't know whether the FreeRunner is offered in the states, but it looks freaking hideous. And, it's OS looks like shit.

The phone doesn't look particularly good, I agree, but the OS? The whole point is that you can, in theory, run any GNU/Linux distribution on it, or any other operating system if you have access to its source to port it. It's 100% customizable if you know what you're doing, not only the software but also the hardware to some degree.
oh my bad, there are two mic's, and thats for noise cancelation (probably) :hide:
I prefer Apple products. I just do.

I tried my girlfriends phone and the touchscreen was so unresponsive and it felt like I needed to press it so hard to make it do anything that my thumb would end up in the phone. I never have this problem with Apple touchscreens. I also like the keyboard design, because I hate conventional keypad texting. My current phone's keypad does its best to slice my thumb to shreds. I can't send more than 10 texts simultaneously in fear of drawing blood.

I find iPods work better too. Or at least I can work better with them. They have a much clearer display, while others are a lot smaller and cluttered, meaning I have difficulty navigating it at first. Sure, it might get easier once I get rid of it, but I could work my iPod out the box.

And I also think Apple have the best App Store available. I'm currently playing Sims 3, while my mum is in the next room booking trains and hotels and that sort of stuff, and my Dad is putting his videos on Facebook. You can just do so much more I find.

And no, I'm not a fanboy. I just prefer them over anything else that I have tried. Sure, if I find something better, I'd rather have that, but for now, Apple has my vote.
im a touch screen fanboy in general, but i definately agree aple has made the iphone and ipod touch the best they could make it in every way, right from the touch screen, to being simple to use.

my phone you do have to press a little, and it is nowhere as good as the iphone or ipod touch, but you do get used to it (i have the enV touch)
Quote from piggy501 :I prefer Apple products. I just do.
[...]
And no, I'm not a fanboy. I just prefer them over anything else that I have tried. Sure, if I find something better, I'd rather have that, but for now, Apple has my vote.

I do like the iPhone a lot, but it doesn't suit my needs for a phone. That's why I don't have one. Maybe if the next iPhone change everything dramatically, and with the addition of multitasking (and plenty other features I actually need), I may consider getting it. Until then, I only see it as a cool gaming platform to play games, and I enjoy the incredibly responsive multitouch a lot. But I don't actually need games neither multitouch.

I have a Nokia N95, and my friends who have iPhone usually get pissed off with me because of the things I show them they can't do with their iPhones.

To sum up everything I want to say, I'll just post this:

That is, the iPhone is a cool phone that has great games and great multitouch capabilities. It just doesn't do what I want.
not bad, is it touchscreen?

also if i got the iphone then im pretty sure it would do everything i want it to do
It's not touchscreen, it does everything that the pic says (and much, much more), and it was released in 2007, before the first iPhone. If I'm not mistaken, it was released even before the first iPhone was revealed.
Quote from morpha :The phone doesn't look particularly good, I agree, but the OS? The whole point is that you can, in theory, run any GNU/Linux distribution on it, or any other operating system if you have access to its source to port it. It's 100% customizable if you know what you're doing, not only the software but also the hardware to some degree.

Well, that's wasn't exactly the customizability I was talking about. I meant about being kind of like how Firefox has addons. I want a good OS like Firefox is a good browser. Then, I want to put any type of addon on to it. I don't want someone (or a company like Apple) telling me which addon's I can put on it. Get it now? (I might not be explaining it well enough).
Quote from Velociround :To sum up everything I want to say, I'll just post this:

Firstly, the phones aren't quite comparable, and that picture is quite old... it shows a 1st gen iPhone running iPhone OS 1.0, and it doesn't say what the N95 doesn't have... like for instance the 3.5", 320x480, capacitive multitouch screen, covered with GLASS, or the intuitive user interface, or the gesture-based scrolling and zooming...

iPhones now have video out port (well, that has always been there, hidden in the headphone port), MMS messaging, GPS with turn-by-turn directions by TomTom, Navteq, Navigon etc. (3G and 3Gs only, from OS 2.0), auto-focus, 30fps and 640x480 video recording, bluetooth stereo (3Gs only, from OS 3.0). And now it's coming OS 4.0 with added multitasking and other cool stuff.
That said, I have NEVER sent an MMS or tried a video call.

Then:
(found on the Internet)
Picture taken with N95
Picture taken with iPhone 3Gs
I cannot see much difference, can you? Or can I? Maybe I'm a little biased, but the difference is that the 3Gs' is focused... So, even if it has ONLY 3mp, it's a good camera.

I mean, the N95 is a good phone. Yes, it CAN surf on the web, it CAN watch youtube videos, it CAN play games... in the same way my Astra 1.2 75bhp CAN do 100mph. If I had a faster car though, I would have gone at the same speed, but with a little bit less effort... And an iPhone it's easier to use, full stop.
I assure you: if you use an iPhone for a week, you'll never return back to your old phone. That's what I did btw.

(Yes, the N95 was released in March 2007, and the iPhone in June, but then -August- Nokia released the N95 8GB).
That's defo fake,I just think that somebody left it there on purpose.
I was an early adopter to iPhone and i've loved it. I still don't understand other mobiles, I can't get on with them but I can use every feature of the iPhone. It's a brilliant phone with one fatal drawback.
  • They release a new phone every 12 months.
  • The damn contract lasts 18 months.
I won't be getting this one, it seems that I get every other iPhone to come out so i'll be on my 3GS for another year and get whatever follows this one.

It's damned annoying.
Quote from freddyalek90 :
(found on the Internet)
Picture taken with N95
Picture taken with iPhone 3Gs
I cannot see much difference, can you? Or can I? Maybe I'm a little biased, but the difference is that the 3Gs' is focused... So, even if it has ONLY 3mp, it's a good camera.

There's a big difference in a photo taken randomly of a bunch of junk on a desk in ambient light compared with a photo taken of an object set up like a product shot with a photography lighting setup. And the first picture is from a Nokia N80.

The first one isn't really blurry to my eyes. It's just extremely noisy.
Quote from Velociround :I do like the iPhone a lot, but it doesn't suit my needs for a phone. That's why I don't have one. Maybe if the next iPhone change everything dramatically, and with the addition of multitasking

Thats the thing. Different horses for different courses. It might not suit your needs, but it suits mine. Thats one thing I don't understand, how people can get really insulting about it, just because it doesn't suit their needs (I don't mean you, more Homeless_Drunk) doesn't make it totally useless.

Oh, and O.S. 4 will be released, or possibly IS released, but it's for the 3G[S] only so far, and probably for this new device, and will include multitasking.
N95 isn't that good, the N97 is what can put it to the Iphone, but the HTC Driod is the best phone out there today.
Quote from Becky Rose :I was an early adopter to iPhone and i've loved it. I still don't understand other mobiles, I can't get on with them but I can use every feature of the iPhone. It's a brilliant phone with one fatal drawback.
  • They release a new phone every 12 months.
  • The damn contract lasts 18 months.
I won't be getting this one, it seems that I get every other iPhone to come out so i'll be on my 3GS for another year and get whatever follows this one.

It's damned annoying.

well if you still have your old one and don't want it. I need a new phone

even an iphone 2g is better than this
Quote from shashdev :Yeah, it almost certainly points to saying that was a real phone. Though, the wording is kind of vague. GIZMODO is currently in possession of a device that belongs to Apple. Why not just state the device?

Pretty obviously because they don't want to officially acknowledge that it's the iPhone 4G.
Quote from Luke.S :well if you still have your old one and don't want it. I need a new phone

nope, I gave it to an old GF who gave it away a few weeks later *bangs head against wall*
Quote from Becky Rose :nope, I gave it to an old GF who gave it away a few weeks later *bangs head against wall*

lol.

well when you get your next one i'll gladly take that 3gs off your hands
nonono becky i can give you a proper high five if you give me that 3gs, and i have a puppy you can pet for 5 minutes...no scam either

but you have to get over here to get the high five and puppy petting
One thing I've noticed about cell phone users (I don't have a cell, nor do I want one....) is, they change phones more than I change my underwear.

Over here, you get the phone for free generally when you sign up for a service. You have a contract for say, 2 years. Most people I see with phones are spending $200-300 every six months just because of a new freakin phone released.

About the iPhone.... I see them plenty, but one thing I don't think I've ever seen..... people talking on them as if they were a phone!

I fail to see the infatuation of cell phones by everyone. Everyone do me a favor. If you live just a little bit out of the city, quit calling me on your stupid cell phone. I'm tired of my side of the conversation being nothing but, what? Huh? I didn't catch that. You're breaking up. I can't hear you..... Everyone raves about how great their phones are, but I have never received a call from someone on a cell that wasn't breaking up constantly so that I have no idea what they are saying.
not sure how the service there is, but that very rarely happens to me, or anyone i talk to....but i text ALOT more then i talk.

my dad was like you in the way he did not want a phone. at all. my mom ended up getting him a really crappy one just so she could keep tabs on him, and he liked it, now he has a waterproof phone that meant to take abuse so he doesnt even have to be careful with it. he ends up using it a real lot and he started off thinking just like you.

iPhone 4
(480 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG