The online racing simulator
Vision Racing Team 2010
(174 posts, started )
How many teams have you run/started now?
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :How many teams have you run/started now?

ERT is the only proper team I've started (before this one).. And we did pretty well.
Quote from pacesetter :Why do you have such a negative point of view on teams that are relatively new, Boothy?

Negative pov? Sorry son, I don't discriminate against new or old teams or persons. I simply took your long post and shortened it into a more humourous manageable chunk.
Quote from boothy :Negative pov? Sorry son, I don't discriminate against new or old teams or persons. I simply took your long post and shortened it into a more humourous manageable chunk.

Okay, sorry for taking your post so seriously
I thought it was more. There's been lots of teams started over the last few years all in what I consider the same boat, this is another one to that boat. Its all the same, basically what's going to happen is you will be mid pack/up near the front in GTAL, try to get into IGTC and either fail or get in by the skin of your teeth, win a few minor races or leagues, then one of the management will want a break, team closes, repeat process with another name.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I thought it was more. There's been lots of teams started over the last few years all in what I consider the same boat, this is another one to that boat. Its all the same, basically what's going to happen is you will be mid pack/up near the front in GTAL, try to get into IGTC and either fail or get in by the skin of your teeth, win a few minor races or leagues, then one of the management will want a break, team closes, repeat process with another name.

You're right, that could happen.. but we're only doing this for fun
Quote from boothy :To translate:

In GTAL, Tim prided himself in raping his front tyres, before making side by side contact on a straight... Although slow, we still however, went faster

Rofl, you know my secrets. HAXX!!!
It was true the front tires didnt like me to much but it happens and if i had of made another 40 minutes i would of been happy.....though i still hate that downhill section.....it was less then glamorous.
I tried sorry i was terrible guys.
Quote from CSF :Race stats say your fastest lap was 0.6 off Boothy's... children should be seen and not make a moron (your word not mine) of themselves.

http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=r ... boothy&raceId=5759485

But I'm so new, compared to many like Boothy, you and Pearcy. I think I did well, and I have no place for complainments, I drove a good race in IMO, which is good, huh? I haz nothing to worry, gonna take time off for awhile, cuz of karting season starting.
But yes, I have much to learn to get on your driving pace. I don't take your message as an insult Chris, it just helps me.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :I thought it was more. There's been lots of teams started over the last few years all in what I consider the same boat, this is another one to that boat. Its all the same, basically what's going to happen is you will be mid pack/up near the front in GTAL, try to get into IGTC and either fail or get in by the skin of your teeth, win a few minor races or leagues, then one of the management will want a break, team closes, repeat process with another name.

Now im going to tell you what´s gonna happen, we will be mid pack/up /down /right /around the corner or whatever, in any league/championship we get into, and fail or get in blah, blah, blah... into some "BIG League", but having a great time with really good people wich Im really happy to know, that are now my teammates, but tomorrow may be in any other banana boat team you come up with, and i dont give a damn about the team, i´ll still be having fun with them. Im really happy for you if you´re in one of those "big teams", but this is a game, im sorry to pop your bubble, and games are meant to be fun, you can be as serious as posible, and make it seem as real life racing teams and leagues, but it´s still a game, so I recomend you to focus on having fun, meet good people, of course do the best you can and be the best lfs driver in the world! But dont forget its a game,
That's fair enough, im definately not one to take lfs too seriously at all but if your putting all this time into it with race reports and shit (seems like your taking it seriously to me) then atleast do something different, theres been about 10 teams all with the same goals, same corny names, same drivers and come to the same end. It gets boring after a while.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :That's fair enough, im definately not one to take lfs too seriously at all but if your putting all this time into it with race reports and shit (seems like your taking it seriously to me) then atleast do something different, theres been about 10 teams all with the same goals, same corny names, same drivers and come to the same end. It gets boring after a while.

Race reports and a website are just some nice details to include, I think. I enjoy reading how Sonicrealms, E-Team etc etc are doing in MoE and other such leagues but I suppose MoE is something taken seriously, but I think it's nice to inform people of our small bits of progress
Of course we are taking it seriously, thats the beauty of this, we can make it almost seem real, but in the end we wanna have fun, and put "failure" aside.
For some it's fun to make this "serious", like real motorsport because some don't have time or money for the real thing imo.. But some like it hard and some like it slow, right?
And there´s also people who compete in real life and here, but anyways, in my case, it´s been my dream to be a race driver, but for a million reasons i couldnt, now im a bit old to get started and dont have enough time nor money, and though i take it seriously enough and try to pretend is actually happening, i know this is not even close to it, its a game, and thats it, so if there´s people who´d love to have his own racing team in real life, but cant, and the way to feel better about it is creating one here, whats wrong about it? And whats the matter if it all goes wrong and the team vanishes? Do another! do a thousand more if that makes you happy, and what if someone feels this is exactly the same as in real life and acts like every race has to be the best race ever, and that wining is all that matters, and being pro, and blah blah blah, and that´s what makes you happy, also do it! You got the same right as the other guy, the only thing is having respect for the others way of seeing things. Do what ever it makes you happy, as long as you dont hurt anyone else, and we´ll be all fine, thats my pov at least
Blah. I do this for fun, nothing else.
Rudagar joins!

Today we welcome Ross 'Rudagar' Fleming, the 24 year old originally from Northern Ireland, but is currently based in Scotland. He enjoys football and motorsport, and hopes to get into league racing in Live For Speed, racing in LFSCART Light, and endurance leagues. Ross enjoys racing FOX and FZR, and is regularly a FOX Junkie on Fragmaster's server. We welcome Ross, and wish him luck and fun in his time with us!

He'll be seen online as VRT. R. Fleming
Thanks James. Looking forward to getting alot of league action done and gaining experience!
welcome!
Quote from Rudagar :Thanks James. Looking forward to getting alot of league action done and gaining experience!

Great idea, now i see why you turned our offer down .
Welcome to the team, hope you can do well here
Quote from Bmxtwins :Great idea, now i see why you turned our offer down .

Anyone with a brain bigger than a pea will turn your offer down.
Congrats, I've seen rudagar many times in the junkies. Not a bad choice!
#123 - AMB
Welcome to the team mate
Welcome on-board mate

Vision Racing Team 2010
(174 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG