The online racing simulator
lms is just the most sucky lm series of them all
not the lms which sucks but how it is promoted...in France there is no TV which broadcast the race whereas Le Mans is in France...

There is lot of fight on track between Peugeot and Audi (okay for le Castellet a technical problem affect the Peugeot because of the contact in Lap 1) in P1, other P1 are fighting together too. In P2 the Acura took the lead at less than 15mins to go because the leading Pescarolo needed to do a gas and go, in GT1...what?...in GT2 the fight was stil terrible, the first hour was just a rush between 7 cars, then the strategy enables the Porsche to have a nice gap but there was still some fight between IMSA performance's one and Felbermayr, then AF Corse was fighting with CRS too...There is a lot of fight in LMS but no broadcast so you can't see that.

French are stupid.
Quote from Mysho :Who cares about retarded curling and cycling, gosh.

People who evaluate tv ratings.
Quote from BenjiMC :... well yeah thats what i meant

French people prefers watching boring formula one race whereas they have the most exciting race of the world near them...

This is the only one problem of le Mans Series, his lack of visibility. Peugeot stopped to race in LMS because of that (exept Spa in order to prepare Le Mans) and lot of constructor prefers staying in Formula one because of that...

I expect that things gonna change with the Intercontinental challenge and I hope it gonna become a kind of World Le Mans Championship, something like that.
yeah, a world series is definately needed. Hopefully with a lot of input from the alms guys since they're the only ones that seem to be able to get it right..
There is almost no motorsport except F1 in (non pay-)TV nowadays, a bit of rally here, some DTM and WTCC there, but if they do its mostly after 22 o'clock. Guess its not green enough to broadcast for a today's green entertainment
Quote from BenjiMC :yeah, a world series is definately needed. Hopefully with a lot of input from the alms guys since they're the only ones that seem to be able to get it right..

Well, ALMS was without a title sponsor for 10 years (finally got one this year though), so not always so great management wise...

No idea who actually does the promoting for LMS but if nothing changes for the Intercontinental Cup (or whatever it will be called in the future), then there are concerns.

LMS' biggest problem television coverage wise (even compared to ALMS) is the length of the races. No network will waste 6 hours showing a race that no one watches (unless it's Le Mans itself, but people watch that).
FIA GT Round 1 - Yas Marina

This is what LMS should do. Great stream.

E - Woah. Grosjean is doing really well. Some great moves from him.
got the times mixed up... thought it was at 4
the corvettes have kinda of an unfair advantage....

the vitaphone mazer is beautiful
Main race just over... Great stream, watched both races without any hickup throughout the whole broadcast...

Great races, much passing and head-to-head duels in both races... Grosjean creamed everybody, driving 2 seconds faster than seasoned GT drivers in his first race in a GT car is quite a feat... Puts F1's level of driving in perspective once again...
Quote from bbman :Main race just over... Great stream, watched both races without any hickup throughout the whole broadcast...

Great races, much passing and head-to-head duels in both races... Grosjean creamed everybody, driving 2 seconds faster than seasoned GT drivers in his first race in a GT car is quite a feat... Puts F1's level of driving in perspective once again...

Basically what he said. Amazing racing, and an even better stream.

Grosjean gave everyone a good beating.
According to the french daily newspaper "Ouest France", Henri Pescarolo might have been fired from Pescarolo Sport by the owner of SORA Composite Jean Py.

Two years ago, in order to save his team, Jacques Nicolet have bought the main part of PESCAROLO SPORT. Last year, Jean Py and SORA Composites have bought these part of the owner of Oak Racing.

Henri Pescarolo said that Pescarolo Sport was administrated by another society called MHP which administrate Pescarolo's interest. There was a contract between Pescarolo Sport (Henri pescarolo, 4 times winner of 24 hours of Le Mans, ex formula one racer, Le Mans French Legend isn't an employee of Pescarolo Sport) which was signed in 2009 for 3years. Jean Py stopped that contract in November because of a major mistake.

So it seems that Pescarolo isn't the boss of Pescarolo Sport and I think we are not going to see the french prototype in June at Le Mans neither Henri Pescarolo with his cars.

Hum...buisness...Hope money isn't going to kill Le Mans like it have already killed Formula One ! Go Pescarolo !
Ouch.
So, I'll be going to the races at Brno... Anybody else going as well? Any tips where you can get the best view and so on?
Quote from bbman :So, I'll be going to the races at Brno... Anybody else going as well? Any tips where you can get the best view and so on?

I already had tickets but I can't go at that time. Though I know the circuit and I can recommend you the C platform. Nothing like highest speeds and stuff, but technical part of circuit and I think you can see most of action from there. Also it's not that expensive and it's located in good place so when I'm at Brno I always go there. Don't forget to get the paddock ticket and watch some serious stuff!
a bad news for French le Mans Fan...Pescarolo SPort have withdrawned from 24 hours of Le Mans...thanks Jean Py for killing one of the best team of endurance world !

1000 kms of Spa this week end...Peugeot faster than Audi in first two practise !
rofl, Farmville! that game is a sin
Woohoo \/

Quote :Keeping to its edict of being a championship “For the Fans”, the American Le Mans Series presented by Tequila Patrón will stream the full six-hour round of the 2010 season at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. A worldwide audience can catch flag-to-flag action during the American Le Mans Series Monterey presented by Patrón, set for 5:30 p.m. ET/2:30 p.m. PT on Saturday, May 22.

Be sure to register and sign up now as there are only 10,000 spots open!

Registering here: http://americanlemans.com/live

http://www.americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=news|14752
Awesome! Registered. Thanks for that.

This is exactly what LMS needs too.
And to make it even better:

Quote :The sights from Mazda Raceway will sync with John Hindhaugh’s play-by-call on American Le Mans Radio presented by Porsche, a production of Radio Show Ltd.

\o/
Thankyou

ALMS/LMS/Le Mans/FIA GT 2009
(948 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG