The online racing simulator
Crysis 2
(261 posts, started )
Crysis 2 gona need the same system as Crysis warhead, that was say Crytek in one interview a few months back

With a

P4 2.8
1gb ram
Geforce 7200 / ati 9800pro

The game gona runs ( With all in minimun ) no less that 15-20 fps

So is a big improbe of the game engine coda, and very well optimized, even for crappy pcs
Quote from hazaky :Well see, i really hope it is.

I dont remember where i read, but the say "We learn from our mistkake" and this time crysis 2 gona run even in low end pcs That meet the minimun requirements with a good pfs rate
Quote from Inouva :I dont remember where i read, but the say "We learn from our mistkake" and this time crysis 2 gona run even in low end pcs That meet the minimun requirements with a good pfs rate

May I ask what 'pfs' is?

Crysis does run on crappy pc/laptops.

Go to youtube, there's a dude playing with a 28mb graphics card laptop IIRC.
Frames per second. FPS.
Quote from Boris Lozac :My god, what's with this PC elitism people Have you seen some console games Have you seen God of War 3, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, Red Dead Redemption etc.. come on, you're really making yourselves sound silly and childish. And is it always about graphics, you people really enjoy getting raped by hardware manufacturers, just count how much money (those who follow PC 'trends') have spent on last couple of years.

ahem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WJG14uLA3k

basically what you get on consoles is a kind of cryengine 1.5
its very very likely that youll only get the good stuff like global illumination and crap like that on pcs which arent held back by 5 year old hardware

that said given their trackrecord crysis 2 will probably a decent way to kill time but overall be pretty shite and end with you figting alien cyborg fidge mutant vampires
Quote from Boris Lozac :No, i haven't.. I 'know' Squidhead on this forum for a long time, he makes some great LFS vids if i recall, it would be an argument if it was Bose, or you, or some other kid with l33t PC.. That's why i put those smilies.. cause those comments are getting really childish and all that console hate..

Quad 2.83 / 4 GB ram / XFX 295 GTX here... You can start arguing now

I just prefer not to post my full PC specs in my sig or tell in each post that I've spent money on PC hardware... you know... to keep me from looking even more of a twat than I already am
Quote from Bose321 :May I ask what 'pfs' is?

Crysis does run on crappy pc/laptops.

Go to youtube, there's a dude playing with a 28mb graphics card laptop IIRC.

I`be running crysis in my p4 3.6, 2gb ram and a radeon 9550 ( Now i have a AGP 4650)

And developers of crysis say, IF you meet the minimun requirements, crysis gona run smoth even at the minimun spec of system requirements.

They optimized the engine, for low and hi end pcs.
Quote from Shotglass :which arent held back by 5 year old hardware

Yeah, those games in my post are really held back by the hardware.. The polish of the product is more important then resolution of the textures.. What good did Crysis graphics had, when i stoped playing after 2 levels?
Unlike PC geeks, i'm happy with current graphics, and i'm happy not to invest in new hardware every 3 months, you know..
This game is looking hot to be fair, but the first Crysis looked amazing however I found it quite bland to play.
Quote from spacedskunk :This game is looking hot to be fair, but the first Crysis looked amazing however I found it quite bland to play.

Well, Crysis is a copy of Chrome Spec Force
#37 - senn
at first i was like crysis 2 O_O then i found out it was set in new york and i was like -_-
That video is epic! and whatever pc it needs-im ready! its a must have. crysis is the first ever game that i played thru from beginning,this will be the 2. !
Quote from Boris Lozac :Yeah, those games in my post are really held back by the hardware.

quite massively yes
and the worst bit is through cross platform titles they are starting to hold back pcs as well
Quote from Shotglass :quite massively yes

Have you seen them other then Youtube? :doh: On some big screen?

Give me one PC game in God of War 3 genre that looks as good, and has a production and gameplay value as good, or Uncharted 2, or GT5.. are GT5 graphics bad? I don't understand how can people say something like that... isn't it better for developers to actually, optimise their games, and make them look better year after year, out of the same hardware, then be sloppy and lazy cause they know the new graphic card is out in 2 months, so why would they bother optimizing the game for older hardware. It seems you actually enjoy that kind of politics...
The game looks good, and interesting. As one of the comment on the videos (something similar, a little edited to fit my opinion) : First one was a nice adventure with strongside on graphics, this seems to develop that further and giving it a feel aswell!

Might turn out to be a great game.

Oh and btw, graphics is not everything, I still play games like Anarchy Online (released in 2000), Carmageddon and other oldies
Quote from The Very End :Oh and btw, graphics is not everything, I still play games like Anarchy Online (released in 2000), Carmageddon and other oldies

It is on Crysis. People still play Crysis these days to test their new hardware, to benchmark and such, and now with the consoles it will be a totally different story. This game will be all consolized aswell, I think they're in a city because the open jungle environments don't handle well on consoles, like I saw from pictures and video's.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Give me one PC game in God of War 3 genre that looks as good, and has a production and gameplay value as good, or Uncharted 2, or GT5.. are GT5 graphics bad?

well let's be honest, every game that's PS3 exclusive, and is optimised for PS3's 7 SPEs, and for PS3 hardware in general... meaning the graphics are going to be great. But in any multi platform project, the PS3 is the one who gets the awful port and awful picture. See GTA4 graphics for PS3 for example Im fairly sure that console crysis 2 will not hold a candle to PC version
Quote from squidhead :well let's be honest, every game that's PS3 exclusive, and is optimised for PS3's 7 SPEs, and for PS3 hardware in general... meaning the graphics are going to be great. But in any multi platform project, the PS3 is the one who gets the awful port and awful picture. See GTA4 graphics for PS3 for example Im fairly sure that console crysis 2 will not hold a candle to PC version

PC Graphics are the same crap, just better view at distance...
Quote from Bose321 :PC Graphics are the same crap, just better view at distance...

As ive understand, basically its the same stuff but just that consoles use a bit lower textures. If i look at gta iv for example then it looks like true (in my eyes).
Quote from hazaky :As ive understand, basically its the same stuff but just that consoles use a bit lower textures. If i look at gta iv for example then it looks like true (in my eyes).

I doubt it's the same except some textures, although that's the only thing noticeable I think.
Quote from Bose321 :PC Graphics are the same crap, just better view at distance...

And fps... and shadows... and blur... and textures... and fire/ice/water effects... and having more objects which react to physical input... and having more objects to be drawn at all... and higher resolution...
yup... exactly the same....

As has been said above.............eeerrr, no!

EDIT: and below.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Give me one PC game in God of War 3 genre that looks as good

there are hardly any pc games in the god of war genre because hardly anyone on pc gives a damn about genres as pointless as hack and slash or beat em ups or similar button mashing crap

as for the graphics themself it seems to be pretty hard to find actual screenshots just by googling which probably says a lot to begin with but lets take a look at this from the first page of results
http://www.play3.de/wp-content ... /2010/01/god_of_war_3.jpg
- no draw distance worth mentioning
- very simple world geometry
- very low resolution level textures
- aliasing everywhere
- character lighting which seems to about the same quality as doom 3 had... 6 years ago
- bloom to cover most of it in order to make it a little less noticeable how dated the graphics really are

Quote :and has a production and gameplay value as good

gameplay value in a hack and slash game? seriously?

Quote :or Uncharted 2, or GT5.. are GT5 graphics bad?

all of these games have rather low resolution graphics that are quite a bit behind the bleeding edge of what pcs do
the crysis video i linked to earlier will give you an idea of how much less is possible on consoles
and afaik almost all console games these days are 720p while a modern pc will happily play just about anything you can throw at it at triple head fullhd resolutions
eg:
http://www.hardocp.com/article ... nity_performance_review/4
not to mention that gt5 still hasnt been released and wont be for quite a while

Quote :isn't it better for developers to actually, optimise their games, and make them look better year after year, out of the same hardware

sure thats a good thing but 5 year old hardware is 5 year old hardware and whichever way you try to turn and twist it 512mb of shared memory for the game the textures and the models is very very limited and you can see it very clearly if you look just a little closer
probably one of the reasons why hack and slash games are so often released on consoles as its one of the few genres thats frantic enough to never give you a chance to take a look at the graphics

Quote :It seems you actually enjoy that kind of politics...

the essence of pc gaming has always been to have hardware thats way ahead of anything else and get the most out of it
if it results in the pc version of the crysis 2 engine finally bringing things like real time global illumination to gaming im all for it
Quote from squidhead :And fps... and shadows... and blur... and textures... and fire/ice/water effects... and having more objects which react to physical input... and having more objects to be drawn at all... and higher resolution...
yup... exactly the same....

Well, I said graphics, nothing about physics...

And I'm just talking about GTAIV, that it's a port, so same graphics... I think you misunderstood me.

Crysis 2
(261 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG