The online racing simulator
Sorry wrong thread.
Attached images
FXR_VisionRTGTAL.jpg
Quote from r4ptor :Is the reflection on the sidewindow pixelated, or are you using some weird map? It was like that before too.

As you may have noticed, I helped him, and it was his Vray settings, the rest was ok.
Quote from leonardo555 :As you may have noticed, I helped him, and it was his Vray settings, the rest was ok.

Have you gone blind or what? First you can't see the DOF focal point on my render, and now telling me you helped him.. uhm, ok. Good for you. His reflection on the side windows is none the less still pixelated, and Bose even commented on it saying he doesnt know what it is - which you also missed.

Jeeeesh, Leo
Quote from r4ptor :Have you gone blind or what? First you can't see the DOF focal point on my render, and now telling me you helped him.. uhm, ok. Good for you. His reflection on the side windows is none the less still pixelated, and Bose even commented on it saying he doesnt know what it is - which you also missed.

Jeeeesh, Leo

It's caused by the Enviroment image he has. 1-It's so bad the image. 2-It's not one HDRI, it's one JPG.
Quote from leonardo555 :It's caused by the Enviroment image he has. 1-It's so bad the image. 2-It's not one HDRI, it's one JPG.

The image can't be that bad without Bose noticing it - how it is being used can be bad - for instance by mapping a regular image as spherical - which could be the case here - and very easy to fix btw.

HDRI vs Jpeg: HDRI doesn't have anything to do with better resolution.
Hey guys,

I was wondering how you manage to open CMX files in 3Ds Max 2010. The CMX plug-in you can get for max doesn’t work on 2010, only 6, 7, 8 and you can't just load the files straight up into it.

I'm aware that all the cars on LFS have been converted into Max files, but I couldn’t find them anywhere. So if anyone has them, or has a link that would be great.

I have searched and looked, but could not find anything.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
What I do is that I have 2 versions of max, 7 for converting :P
Good idea, but I only have 2010, and I wont be able to get hold of 7 for some time.

Thanks for the reply anyways
stealth fighter
Attached images
blackpanther.jpg
Quote from r4ptor :HDRI vs Jpeg: HDRI doesn't have anything to do with better resolution.

Agree. HDRI is not a better fromat for image resolution quality.
(High Dynamic Range Image = HDRI) An image using a format that allows for a large range of exposures, providing a more accurate representation of the lighting in a scene, from bright sunlight to dark shadows. HDRI images are 32 bits per channel.
My first render with blender Im newbie here so its not perfect. Hella style!
-
(r4ptor) DELETED by Bob Smith : no longer needed
Quote from lauris1995 :My first render with blender Im newbie here so its not perfect. Hella style!

Its not a bad one. But I think blender makes the car so plastic. Anyway the Scene is cool .
Yeah, nice scene, is the car from Version 1 of Bogey Jammer's kits? I'd strongly reccomend version 2 if it is. Also I found changing the shader from Wardlso to something like Phong helped get rid of that plastic look.
Very nice though.
-
(lauris1995) DELETED by lauris1995
Quote from lauris1995 :It would be great if i would have a credit card and money

Don't discuss cracking here. I got reported and got warning for discussing it. So please remove it, I know you are new so I won't report you, but please edit posts and remove the crack stuff.
Took my new car for a spin and stopped in city for some photoshooting, more photos to come
P.S. The scene isn't my, dunno where did I get it, because I found it in my 3d stuff folder
Attached images
fxo.png
Very nice!
Second try. This time I've changed tarmac material, so it looks way more realistic
Attached images
fxo2.png
Quote from iFastLT :Second try. This time I've changed tarmac material, so it looks way more realistic

Looks much better than the first one, but not just because of the new tarmac - The change of angle shows a much more interesting play of lighting and composition.

I'd suggest few and very dim bounce lights to add some life to the very dark areas such as buttom and rear of the car and the big building entrance. Should be just enough to give some shading/edge detail - either that, or - preferably - add something that will add reflection detail on those areas.

I love the DOF.
Change the color to something more brighter, otherwise it's just a black spot and you can't really understand where is what. Maybe dark gray? + Your tires look plastic, and you forgot to change the position of brake calipers, they are on the same side for both tires.

Other than that, it's nice and I like the scene.
Quote from iFastLT :Second try. This time I've changed tarmac material, so it looks way more realistic

Want that scene and tarmac material...
2nd try is much better. Car looks realy good exept tires - thos looks like plastic and exaust still looks like from game but its good
scene is on cgresource.net
Also, some new rear lights would be nice too on that FXO
A little update of my orange XRGti
Attached images
Orange XRG team.jpg
Nice Here is my 2nd render with xrt wich isnt finished yet:

P.S. Im noobie on rendering as you know so maybe someone can give me some tips in MSN or skype

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG