The online racing simulator
Quote from dudu0905 :I do not know, I create the server in the game open the Airi, and Aoni of the error. Is to solve this? please!

You cannot create server in game and connect Airio there, that would not work correctly. You need dedicated server for Airio. Also, your problem seems to be with Aonio, so please do not run Airio for now at all. Just start your LFS, connect to some already existing server, type /insim=29999 and try to run Aonio...
Question 1, but Airio Airio works perfectly here, I create the game server, is not I put on my server in Airio?

Question 2-the only Aoni to run this on 1 server in existence, and not in charge of their own server?
Uhm, I'm afraid you lost me there...
Quote from dudu0905 :Question 1, but Airio Airio works perfectly here, I create the game server, is not I put on my server in Airio?

Question 2-the only Aoni to run this on 1 server in existence, and not in charge of their own server?

Just find another brazilian here in the forum who can speak better english and tell him your problem. This is just pointless.

Airio = for dedicated servers
Aonio = for drivers who DO NOT run servers, it works in hotlapping/singleplayer/multiplayer.
I create the dedicated server digit / Insim = 29999th when someone enters start making that mistake.
What is the solution?
Aonio 1.2.5
New Aonio is available through my signature. It corrects one small issue and substantially improves multiclass racing support. Car classes (groups) can be defined in CFG file and if cars of several classes are seen on track, multiclass mode is activated:

1) Current position (e.g. in viewed driver panel or in field panel) is shown per respective car category. 2) Previous and following cars are also of the same car category. 3) The race field panel shows time differences to the same car category in yellow, while the other time differences are white. 4) Viewed driver (you, if on track) is marked in the field by pink > and position in the respective category.

All these changes are designed to give better overview on multiclass servers. Suggestions for future updates include more talking (various state info), leader panel (showing data about your car class current race leader), some mechanism to upload and download setups from a common Internet setup repository (all in game).
Quote from dudu0905 :1- 59999

2-Yes , I open my server, then I type /Insim 29999 and open the aonio.

59999 != 29999

Or in normal words.. 59999 is not the same as 29999.

Change config file to 29999.
a small suggestion: if there was a number of laps on top of the drivers positions list it wolud be great, now the only place where you can find the number of laps is the panel with all the info like gear, rpm, my drivers name etc.. but driving with cocpit view I do not really need this panel
and with the laps counter in the race positions panel it would add, I thnik the last race connected information that is missing in there

and I'am also having problems with using other .wav files than the default notify.wav, any ideas what I might be doing wrong?
Quote from pandera :a small suggestion: if there was a number of laps on top of the drivers positions list it wolud be great... and I'am also having problems with using other .wav files than the default notify.wav, any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

What number of laps you mean? Your own finished laps or race total? If your own, they could appear for some time in splits in the field panel, I think, replacing the ># signs. Concerning sounds, I never really tried using other files. Just make sure they're proper WAV files and I do not see where there could be a problem.
I mean both my laps and total race laps like
lap 5/20
I usually race for something like 100km with friends, that makes someting around 18-25 laps, so keeping a count of it in one place with positions and gaps would make it very handy

TBH I do not want to display a lot off panels with lots of info like every split and so on, I would prefer to use just the info I really need, and the positions list, with keeping the gaps updated in realtime in all sectors and showing lap times is perfect, I find it much better to drive, especially in longer races, with information dispaly limited to the stuff that I really use

and the other sounds simply do not play, I used a sound simply re-exported from Audacity as a wav to make sure it is ok, but the only one that plays is notify.wav, if I change that it goes silent (yes the files are in the /snd directory)
One thing that would be nice along the lines that pandera is talking about would be to have a display somewhere of what lap the leader is on.
Quote from pandera :...and the other sounds simply do not play, I used a sound simply re-exported from Audacity as a wav to make sure it is ok...

Do they play at all outside of LFS ?
Quote from Ripley :Do they play at all outside of LFS ?

if they didn't I would not post the problem here
Quote from pandera :if they didn't I would not post the problem here

Same bit depth and sample rate as the original notify.wav?
Quote from morpha :Same bit depth and sample rate as the original notify.wav?

thank you man the bit depth and sample rate were the same but... once I started looking closer at them I found out that it's mono vs stereo
so if anyone has any problems with .wav files with Aonio just make sure they are stereo ones

now it only lacks the ability to set your own distance for warnings, 10m is quite a long distance IMO
Aonio 1.3.1
New Aonio is available. It improves yet a bit multiclass racing support (especially the field panel) and adds one more panel (13th). This new one is called Race/leader panel and shows info about current race (lap/laps or minute/minutes of the overall leader), info about current driver (you) as lap/sector, info about lap/sector of your car class leader and time you are behind him. New config options also allow to set the distance when proximity warning is played (10 m) and when the warning is withdrawn (15 m). Enjoy!
I'd really like if Aonio didn't have the "Press any key to quit..." when losing connection to LFS. Instead, like Airio, it would keep running and trying to reconnect to the game at certain intervals. This way I could keep it open as a background process at all times and it wouldn't be necessary to launch Aonio every single time i start LFS.

If there is such feature, I'm sorry for this post, didn't read the thread very well but searched the config file several times for this but didn't see anything in there.
Yes, very good suggestion, I'd myself like to have it running regardless of LFS. I'll take a look at some options later today...
very nice update
Meh, it's a great tool but the current time gap in seconds doesn't really work for me. I don't really need/want to follow the gap to the car in front/behind in real time. It sort of requires me to constantly try to remember what the last value was when I glanced at it. Instead, it'd be great if it would be possible to update it every split/lap to show [gap] ([change in gap]) (cumulative change in gap for the lap) e.g.: +28.35 (-0.133) (+0.584). In this format, every time I have a look I know exactly how much I've gained or lost in a sector or lap.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :... if it would be possible to update it every split/lap to show [gap] ([change in gap]) (cumulative change in gap for the lap) ...

Yes, I see your point. I'll try to keep this in mind and maybe offer a new (14th) combined panel with this cummulative gap, just nickname and the timing data for previous and following car (in your category), maybe also with leader comparison included? It is not too much complicated (unless I will run out of button IDs), all the data are available...

In the meantime Aonio 1.3.3 is released. It corrects some field panel corrections, but what is more important it does not close with LFS. If it loses (or doesn't find) connection to LFS, it stays active checking connection availability once a minute. When connection could be finally established (LFS runs again) it connects. I did not have much time to test this thoroughly, so strange behavior reports are welcome...
Quote from labbe- :I'd really like if Aonio didn't have the "Press any key to quit..." when losing connection to LFS. Instead, like Airio, it would keep running and trying to reconnect to the game at certain intervals. This way I could keep it open as a background process at all times and it wouldn't be necessary to launch Aonio every single time i start LFS.

If there is such feature, I'm sorry for this post, didn't read the thread very well but searched the config file several times for this but didn't see anything in there.

Quote from EQ Worry :Yes, very good suggestion, I'd myself like to have it running regardless of LFS. I'll take a look at some options later today...

I don't use AONIO myself but I wouldn't want it to do that. If you want it to start with LFS, just put
/exec <path to AONIO's executable>

in your data/script/autoexec.lfs
Does 1.3.3 correct the issues with the car ahead and car behind panel not displaying the correct drivers that is present in 1.3.2?
Quote from morpha :I don't use AONIO myself but I wouldn't want it to do that. If you want it to start with LFS, just put
/exec <path to AONIO's executable>

in your data/script/autoexec.lfs

This works nice, but it always minimizes the LFS window when it starts Aonio, any way to get it to stop that?
Quote from Cabby :Does 1.3.3 correct the issues with the car ahead and car behind panel not displaying the correct drivers that is present in 1.3.2?

Hm, I never had such issue, but the two panels should show driver ahead/behind in a car of your car category, which will not always be absolute positions ahead/behind. Anyway I'll do some tests with these panels...

AONIO - Client-side LFS Tracer
(350 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG