The online racing simulator
Quote from lukelfs :The joy of using a mouse

This was on the PS3 version And how is the mouse better for piloting then analog sticks?
Quote from Boris Lozac :This was on the PS3 version And how is the mouse better for piloting then analog sticks?

Yeah I know :P, I just prefer using a mouse as u can quickly move around, just like playing LFS with a mouse compared to a gamepad
And how is it done, keeping it in place..?
Quote from Boris Lozac :And how is it done, keeping it in place..?

Holding the mouse in the center, and holding the power steadily

I dont quite understand what u mean here
lol, ok we are using the different controllers so what you say doesn't aply to me But anyway, i always seem to go forward, since i only have climb and descend.. You know in GTA IV, you can rotate it in place, but i can't do that here, i can only turn with the left stick, and climb and descend on R2 and L2.. can't figure out how to control it one spot..
Quote from Boris Lozac :It isn't fair if you think about it.. Not everyone aquired the beta, and it's purpose is to seek for bugs and stuff, not leveling up.. And here's the source.. http://twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2/status/5916199358

Oh poop, myea i see. Thanks anyway. Ill just train my skills and test the game for now. Also, the game is back up for now (online).
Hey guys, just got my beta key today. Shame the servers we down for so long.

But Add me if you want

TwinFlow
Quote from adamlfs :Hey guys, just got my beta key today. Shame the servers we down for so long.

But Add me if you want

TwinFlow

Added.

Oh well, im rank 9 for now.
Just finished making my first sniper montage, I made it to test out my new capture device so it's not meant to show amazing kills or brilliant editing, it's just a bit of fun.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuPUfx_uhd0
sniping is pretty fun in that game. I only miss the blood/gore sometimes... can't wait to try new maps! You play arma II as well? I was looking to join a clan that played that regularly.
I don't personally, a lot of ATC do and some of the guys that post videos on that channel play it a little bit, but they are not really a clan or team. Sniping is the best part of the game, the M24 is great. I doubt I would end up using any of the other sniper rifles, during that video I got my 4th gold star with it and I've not really played much. One thing that's worth noting is that the screen wobble when explosions go off appears to just be a fancy effect, you will notice in the video it doesn't have much say on where the shot actually lands.
It seems that on the console version theres barely and movement when in scope, like on the PC , Unless u can hold ur breath? I havent found that out yet?
Quote from lukelfs :It seems that on the console version theres barely and movement when in scope, like on the PC , Unless u can hold ur breath? I havent found that out yet?

Consoles don't move that much because that would make aiming even harder with the crappy controllers. Consoles have aim help aswell, so I think it's just to make it easier.
Quote from Bose321 :Consoles don't move that much because that would make aiming even harder with the crappy controllers. Consoles have aim help aswell, so I think it's just to make it easier.

There's no aim help, i've turned it off... enough with those stupid console remarks, like mouse and keyboard are realistic, right, they maybe are realistic, if you're a superman irl.. Neither of the controllers is realistic representation, but the thruth is i'm really enjoying that i can't kill people that easy anymore... nor they can kill me.
Quote from Boris Lozac :There's no aim help, i've turned it off... enough with those stupid console remarks, like mouse and keyboard are realistic, right, they maybe are realistic, if you're a superman irl.. Neither of the controllers is realistic representation, but the thruth is i'm really enjoying that i can't kill people that easy anymore... nor they can kill me.

Not saying mouse and keyboard is more realistic, it's just better in terms of aiming and the rest
This comes from a guy who's first try at FPS on consoles is the BF:BC2 and Avp3 demos...

THE PAD IS ABSOLUTELY F¤#¤¤SFS#¤AKING HORRIBLE CONTROLLER.

No, shut your internal dialogue. Repeat after me. Pads should not be used as FPS controllers. No, really, don't even try to argue. No. NO!
I like the way that there are more bullet physics when you snipe, having to aim higher at long range due to gravity etc. Suck that MW2

I got 21 kills and no deaths on the beta of this, it's so much better than MW2 when you get used to it!
Missed me, heh?

Wohoo!

Beta update, i gained about 30fps+ from that. Im now running at 60fps, all maxxed out, 8x AA and 16x AF

Excellent, and i knew that it just cant be the HD4870. Its not that weak.
This update is great. Hardcore server ftw Game runs smoother, and explosions look and run better. Also one of my bugs has been fixed. D:
Quote from Bose321 :This update is great. Hardcore server ftw ...

If i remember right, there were hardcore servers before too. Didint try any tho.

Also, lukelfs - update ur beta, see what happens. Ur game should run better too.
Quote from spankmeyer :This comes from a guy who's first try at FPS on consoles is the BF:BC2 and Avp3 demos...

THE PAD IS ABSOLUTELY F¤#¤¤SFS#¤AKING HORRIBLE CONTROLLER.

No, shut your internal dialogue. Repeat after me. Pads should not be used as FPS controllers. No, really, don't even try to argue. No. NO!

Exactly my words last year, after trying Ressistance 1 demo and BC1 demo.. i wanted to give up, and now i feel like i've been shooting like this my whole life

battlefield: bad company 2
(1054 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG