The online racing simulator
Quote from Battlefield Blog :The Battlefield: Bad Company 2 console demo and PC beta will feature Port Valdez, a new vehicle focused map where up to 24 players (32 on PC) will compete against each other as either the US or Russian armies in the game's Rush multiplayer mode.

Who says that's the squad mode?
you thinking of the squad based deathmatch, which is 4 teams of 4 players each.

beta/demo is the gold rush gametype
Ah dammit, Cant wait. Pre ordered it.

I'm going to download and play on my *Banned* xbox first.

Without a doubt if its good or bad. I Am buying it.
Well Fileplanet is back up, approx 30 minute wait though :/
Well, I just played it, and I gotta say...

THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME!!

Apart from some glitches, lag and flickering things, this is BRILLIANT!
Damn you bose , btw can you add friends on there? I think some Multiplayer with some LFS dudes could be in order ....

Looks like I'm not gonna be able to play until tomorrow, no friggin decent download speeds available.
Quote from Xaid0n :Damn you bose , btw can you add friends on there? I think some Multiplayer with some LFS dudes could be in order ....

Looks like I'm not gonna be able to play until tomorrow, no friggin decent download speeds available.

I actually downloaded it from ThePirateBay (not illegal!).
And yes, you can add friends. Whoever already has it, add me, my name is Bose321.

This game is so freaking great, I just died because I exploded the house I was in.
Ahh I was thinking about downloading it from there, wasn't sure whether to trust it or not.
in the beta are you limited to the weapons you can use? like the 360 demo?
I wouldn't know, but on the PS3 version you wasn't, you gradually unlocked them as you went along.
Quote from Xaid0n :I wouldn't know, but on the PS3 version you wasn't, you gradually unlocked them as you went along.

in the demo you can unlock the second weapon for each class, but thats it.
Beta has full weapons afaik. It's different from the demo.
Quote from Xaid0n :Beta has full weapons afaik. It's different from the demo.

i want a 360 beta lol.
oh well, this demo will last me for a month
i shouldnt bother downloading this if you're running Win7 x64 because its incompatible, amazes me that they still make games that dont work with 64bit.
Quote from trebor901 :i shouldnt bother downloading this if you're running Win7 x64 because its incompatible, amazes me that they still make games that dont work with 64bit.

Then why does it work on my Win7 Ultimate x64 eh? Who told you that? The engine that's used for BC2, is optimised for x64, and several Cores...
what gets me is that they know full well that loads of people will be absolutely hammering the servers downloading it and trying to play online but they still only allocate the same amount of servers / capacity and bandwidth as usual so it all ends up crashing because it cant handle it
Somebody having problems installing punkbuster? It always says Can't open ppbsvc.log... Deleted the logs, tried installing pb on it's own with admin rights, still the same error...
Quote from trebor901 :i shouldnt bother downloading this if you're running Win7 x64 because its incompatible, amazes me that they still make games that dont work with 64bit.

Works fine for me, win7 ultimate x64
Is there any other way to get a beta key instead of pre-order it?
I got like 5 keys left.
Ah, the joys of XP ... played a bit this morning and it was awesome! The tanks are pwnage xD
Yeah, me too
Quote from John5200 :daaaaaaaamn and i want one so hardly

Same here, guess I've been far too late in order to get one just in time.

battlefield: bad company 2
(1054 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG