The online racing simulator
iPad
(211 posts, started )
Personally I seem to fail to find a purpose for it? The only thing I can imagine it being nice for would be reading news or wiki articles whilst comfortably laying on sofa.

But otherwise I can't see the point, I can pretty much do everything I want with my phone, I've got no problem writing long posts on it, emails or even essays if needs to be done. Secondly I always hated touch screen keyboards when it came to writing, personally innacurate and not as fast as *physical* qwerty keyboards.

And I'm so sick of all the iCrap :-) Maybe fun to play for a while, but dear god, there are better alternatives, why go with the mainstream.

As someone said they built a hourse with wheels just because they can, doesn't mean they should!
#27 - Migz
Quote from dadge :only because you wouldn't have a shelf big enough to hold it lol

I wouldn't want to hold it on a shelf, wouldn't look as nice.
Much rather mount it to the wall and have it as close to the wall as possible, much more snazzy.

Quote from dadge :
i still have my mp3 play playing. could always stream from my phone via bluetooth.

You could stream from your phone via bluetooth... Good for you because i don't have anywhere to stream to. I don't have bluetooth recieving speakers.

Quote from dadge :
you'll always have to wait for that. no need putting it off

But if i just want to do something like check my facebook quickly then i don't have to wait 5 minutes for my computer to boot, and then go on facebook, and then shutdown again.

Quote from dadge :can also do that on most phones today.

And it can be a pain, you have to scroll around to view the whole email....

Quote from dadge :
a £6 tv out cable from my phone does the same job. more or less.
my phone was £200

Your phone will have a lower screen resolution.
Try stretching your phones resolution to a 32" TV, it's going to look disgusting..

For you it's pointless and i understand that, im also sure for others it's pointless.
But for me it isnt.
Just wish it'd be cheaper -.-

Quote from Danke :Not knocking you or the ipad, but we used to have a thing that would play music instantly without booting. It was called a stereo.

And they are normally huge though.
I can currently plug my ipod into my speakers, but it doesn't look that nice with a wire just trailing along my desk.
Much rather have something i can quickly put some music on with.
I honestly don't see the point in it. What is it supposed to do? It doesn't replace a laptop. A real keyboard and a touchpad are much better than touchscreen imo. It doesn't replace smart phones, mp3 players, etc because it's too big. So...?
its possible that the price might drop like how the iphone dropped from $600 to $400
Quote from Migz : I wouldn't want to hold it on a shelf, wouldn't look as nice.
Much rather mount it to the wall and have it as close to the wall as possible, much more snazzy.

You could stream from your phone via bluetooth... Good for you because i don't have anywhere to stream to. I don't have bluetooth recieving speakers.

But if i just want to do something like check my facebook quickly then i don't have to wait 5 minutes for my computer to boot, and then go on facebook, and then shutdown again.

And it can be a pain, you have to scroll around to view the whole email....

Your phone will have a lower screen resolution.
Try stretching your phones resolution to a 32" TV, it's going to look disgusting..

For you it's pointless and i understand that, im also sure for others it's pointless.
But for me it isnt.
Just wish it'd be cheaper -.-

And they are normally huge though.
I can currently plug my ipod into my speakers, but it doesn't look that nice with a wire just trailing along my desk.
Much rather have something i can quickly put some music on with.

mounted on a wall or sitting on a shelf, it's going to look like a digi frame.
buy a bluetooth dongle and you then can stream audio to your pc (if your phone supports it.)
my phone can capture video at 720xsomething. it's also divx compatible. there's no extra software to install so i can play my music too (itunes anyone). all i do is connect it to my pc and windows does the rest.
click the sync button on my windows media playlist and robert's your mothers brother.
scrolling through something is an every day task. you going to have to get used to it.
i only book my pc up in the morning. the rest of the time, i use the sleep feature. i get the login screen in less than 3 seconds. (enable the windows 98 keyboard support in your bios to use this feature)
iDontcare. It's so pricey and useless.
Another iRape for me. For that money, you can have much better piece of machine, than this.
I'm just waiting for iKeyboard, that will come along to this and other iCrap, which will be another money turbine in "customers" wallets, because it's got apple on top of it!

Meh.
Interesting for the possibilities, but when I learned you MUST have a mac to be able to use the SDK, it lost all its appeal to me.

Cool but completely overhyped
#35 - Migz
Just saw this on failblog haha.
Perhaps iPad wasn't the best name for it :/

Apple used to make useful/innovative lifestyle products... The iPod was revolutionary, the.... nope, nevermind. Everything they've made since the iPod has been a useless, overpriced crock of shit.

+1 for the G5 Macs though.

EDIT: No Flash?? Are they having a laugh! My N97 Mini does Flash...
i rather enjoyed this slide in the presentation
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.eng ... -creation-0427-rm-eng.jpg
youll notice how they are far far far away from either

Quote from DeadWolfBones :eBooks on an LCD screen. lol.

i was pretty much expecting them to use a pixelqi or mirasol display but being apple the obviously went ahead and chose something useless
on teh plus side its an ips so its at least better than any other display on the mobile market (including those used in macbook pros)
I can answer the flash thing... The iPhone / iPod / iPad don't do flash because it would be a good way to circumvent the AppStore and deliver products into consumer units without Apple getting their hands on the profit. They'll likely never get Flash, until AppStore has lost it's monopoly which won't happen whilst the iPhone and iPod are still very good products.

As for the iPad, this first generation one is not going to last long - it's clearly a market tester - it's missing features that other iProducts have such as the mic & video camera, if the market accepts the product then a new version will come out with those things - I suspect they've capped the R&D costs until they're sure the market will take it.

And that's a killer question. Apple are really trying their luck with this one and testing the feilty of their die hard Macophiles. The iPod was great, the iPhone was great, the iPod Touch was reasonable, but this revamped Apple Newton is the biggest risk to Apple's health since Isaac Newton fired an arrow at an one (see what I did there? Oh yeah, I has it...).

Personally i'm not interested in this. I never have found a use for a palm computer in my life and likely never will - besides, I really can't afford to buy another device because my iPhone contract is crippling me.......
As far as I can see, this is just an Applefied and perhaps less useful Tablet PC. I don't get why some people are seeing it as some kind of amazing revolutionary thing. It's cheaper than your average Tablet PC, I'll give them that. But it's not a Tablet PC

But it doesn't matter what it is. As soon as they stick a lowercase "i" infront of it, it is guaranteed to sell by the millions :doh:
#41 - senn
eh apple can't always pick winners. Sure the Apple fanbois won't care tho. Jobs could shit in their mouth and they'd still want to give him their money for the priveledge.
I cant think of any a worse way to spend money that that stupid thing. I'm hearing that its very fast and easy to use, but its not at all what it could have been, hell, the damn thing cant even multi task.
I am struggling to identify any USPs. What are the USPs?

be interesting to see how it performs. I don't expect much.
#45 - 5tag
#46 - senn
F*CK iProducts from now on.

WINDOWS IT IS!
I can't see any reason to fork out for a 1024 x 768 non-computer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXzZNpBfgDw

In a word, usability. It looks so user friendly which means it'll sell by the bucket load. The google maps and ibook function alone sell it to me. The only revervations i have are the battery life (yeah 10hrs, right) and that's a really big uncovered (and expensive) screen, i'd be constantly worried about scratching it. And if you went for the 3g version you'll look such a numb nuts holding that thing up to your ear. Dom Joly eat yer heart out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-I_MJFlZbs
Strikes me as being far too cumbersome for too little functionality.

It's too big to do the portable stuff properly, but too limited to do the netbook stuff properly.

iPad
(211 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG