The online racing simulator
iPad
(211 posts, started )
Quote from dadge :double post.
ok, educate me please. now that i know it can't make calls, maybe there's a way round it. for my desktop pc, i can connect my phone via the usb data cable. it runs a flash program and i can then call til my heart's content. could i do this with the ipad?

It's amazing that some people get infractions and banned, when blatant trolling like this goes unnoticed.
what can i say, i just had to make the 200th post in this thread. i wonder how many trees were killed in my "troll".
must resist....double posting again

EDIT: so me asking for you to educate me in the ipad is trolling?

double edit: how was i trolling? a double post? was it because the post wasn't relevent to the thread? because it was. i don't know i guess.

Triple Edit: i was unsure what a troll in the tinternet actually was so i wiki'd it;

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2] In addition to the offending poster, the noun “troll” can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in that was an excellent troll you posted.

so going by that, you could say that your post (#196) was also trolling. no?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It's amazing that some people get infractions and banned, when blatant trolling like this goes unnoticed.

hypocrite
Quote from dadge :
so going by that, you could say that your post (#196) was also trolling. no?

Nope because he stayed on topic, by saying the the ipad doesn't take calls.
That is about the ipad, it is on topic.
Sorted.
surely that would also mean that my question about the ipad is also not trolling.
Quote from Luke.S :hypocrite

The irony thickens. You calling me down for crap when you're much worse.
Bit of a bump-

It's not an iPad but I'm becoming a little smitten with this new tablet PC, just released-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 1q1UY&feature=channel

It's called an ExoPC- it runs W7, and has a nice, custom, touch friendly UI layer that supposedly makes the tablet experience more pleasant. Looking through various youtube videos, it seems quite responsive to user input and powerful enough to run photoshop (although a little slow at times).

Looks like I may be commuting quite a bit next year (on ferries) so I'm starting to like the idea of taking a tablet with me on these journeys- and I'm also starting to imagine its usefulness as a small, second monitor to my main 3d workstation at home.

Anyway, I'm completely un-experienced with tablets in general and what's out there- today was the first day I'd ever seen the iPad in the flesh for eg.- another nice looking device, but I'm almost a die hard Windows user these days and I just like the thought of being able to run windows apps on a tablet.

Anyone got any other suggestions for a good tablet, or thoughts/experiences with this one?

edit: a review
My suggestion is to wait for Android 3.0 (Honeycomb) to drop and see what happens w/ Tegra 2 and dual core mobile processors.
Thanks DWB- will check these things out.

iPad
(211 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG