The online racing simulator
iPad
(211 posts, started )
#1 - Migz
iPad
Im surprised nobodies made a topic on this.
Mind you was literelly only announced about 30 minutes ago.

I'm really liking it so far, im thinking about perhaps buying one when it comes out, then getting a sort of bracket made for my wall next to my tv which i can hold this in.
Then when i come home i can literelly just turn around to my wall and put some music on, i don't have to wait to turn my computer on.
Also means if i want to check my email/facebook quickly i can.

Just waiting for them to announce some prices and HDD sizes.
Although im hoping they have a version without any phone features.

Few pictures....

#2 - Jakg
It has no phone features.

I was almost liking a netbook with a touchscreen and OSX, but this is a giant iPod Touch which doesnt run a proper OS, no HW keyboard etc so utterly pointless.

Waiting on prices before I rip it a new one, though...
#3 - TiJay
So it's a really big iPod Touch without the portability?
#4 - Jakg
Quote from TiJay :So it's a really big iPod Touch without the portability?

Pretty much. 10" with a 10 hour battery life.

Not really liking the typical netbook dig, tho, yet again anything they don't make is stupid...
Cool a giant iPod, wonder if the price will go with the size.
#6 - Migz
Quote from Jakg :It has no phone features.

Im hoping not, a few people have said it does have some as it's meant to be a sort of cross between an iPhone and an iMac.

Quote from TiJay :So it's a really big iPod Touch without the portability?

Bassicly, but bigger screen = better viewing of videos, easier internet use, bigger keyboard for typing.

If it's stupidly expensive then **** that tbh. If it's a decent price i may get one and mount it to my wall and use it as a media centre.
looks good i hope i doesnt have phone features youd look like a right prick ringing someone on that
#8 - dadge
Quote from Jakg :It has no phone features.

I was almost liking a netbook with a touchscreen and OSX, but this is a giant iPod Touch which doesnt run a proper OS, no HW keyboard etc so utterly pointless.

Waiting on prices before I rip it a new one, though...

please read what the ipad is and can do before you "rip it a new one".

Quote from brt900 :looks good i hope i doesnt have phone features youd look like a right prick ringing someone on that

i hope someone invents a wireless headset and mic because as you said, you would look really pointy ringing someone on it.
Well, telling the honest ... im getting disgusted by these iProducts already. iPhone is nice and stuff, but well ... dont know.

I wouldnt see that reason to buy it, i would buy laptop for surfin in netz (+ getting more features) and regular crapphone for making calls.
#10 - Jakg
Quote from dadge :please read what the ipad is and can do before you "rip it a new one".

It's an iPod Touch.. with iWorks. And it's bigger.

I cant really see the point of it tbh - an OSX Tablet in a netbook form factor would of been win but this thing seems a bit meh. If it's cheap it will be ok, though...
Quote from Jakg :no HW keyboard etc so utterly pointless.

Exactly, that thing screams for keyboard support and flash... heck, I could use a keyboard even with my Nokia N82 phone
how will the price of a pointless product make it ok? but your post was a bit fail so i was a bit meh.....
the kb thing will come into its own once someone makes a screen you can touch and manipulate the icons on said screen.
#13 - Jakg
Quote from dadge :how will the price of a pointless product make it ok? but your post was a bit fail so i was a bit meh.....
the kb thing will come into its own once someone makes a screen you can touch and manipulate the icons on said screen.

If its £199 then maybe thats not so bad.

If its £499 then thats a massive ripoff...
#14 - Migz
Updated first post with more images.

$29.99 For an unlimited data plan in the US

Edit: Price has been announced i think
$499

Roughly £300
Quote from dadge :how will the price of a pointless product make it ok? but your post was a bit fail so i was a bit meh.....

because pointless products sell
#16 - Jakg
Quote from Jakg :If its £199 then maybe thats not so bad.

If its £499 then thats a massive ripoff...

but still pointless at both prices. so why buy it at any price? you posts are making as much sense as gumshield for a crocodile.

Quote from brt900 :because pointless products sell

no they don't. what a stupid comment to make.
Utterly retarded.
Quote from Migz :If it's stupidly expensive then **** that tbh. If it's a decent price i may get one and mount it to my wall and use it as a media centre.

You're gonna wall-mount a 9.7" screen for a media center?

#20 - Migz
Quote from dadge :but still pointless at both prices. so why buy it at any price? you posts are making as much sense as gumshield for a crocodile.

I wouldn't say it's pointless.
If i was to get one i'd create some sort of bracket for it and drill it onto my wall, i'd make it detachable from the bracket though.
That way when i come home from college it's on my wall. So as soon as i come in i can take it off hold(Im guessing it'll have a hold) and put some music on instantly.
No need to wait for my PC to boot.
I can also start checking my emails and facebook without having to wait for my PC to load.
I'd probably have an ipod to tv cable as well, and stream movies from my wireless hardrive through the iPad to the tv.
I'd happily pay £200 for something like that.
Wouldn't pay £400 though.
Therefore it's pointless at one price, but not the other.

Edit:
Quote from DeadWolfBones :You're gonna wall-mount a 9.7" screen for a media center?

Sounds stupid i know, but next to my TV, underneath one of the wall mounted speakers and before my door i have a nice patch of nothingess on my wall. I could easily just mount it there.
So like i said when i come in i can just turn around and put some music on.
Also i think i may have used the words media center when perhaps that's not what i mean.
I mean to use it as something to listen to my music through while my PC is off, watch movies through, perhaps view photos and then check my facebook/email and browse the internet.
  • No camera
  • No multitasking
  • No flash
  • $130 extra for the 3G version, before the data plans
  • 16GB storage for a laptop replacement? lol.
  • FPS gaming w/o a controller. lol.
  • eBooks on an LCD screen. lol.
  • huge, ugly bezel. lol.
iPass
£300 for a 16gb 10" touch screen?

I'll pass.
Quote from Migz : I wouldn't say it's pointless.
If i was to get one i'd create some sort of bracket for it and drill it onto my wall, i'd make it detachable from the bracket though.

only because you wouldn't have a shelf big enough to hold it lol
Quote from Migz :That way when i come home from college it's on my wall. So as soon as i come in i can take it off hold(Im guessing it'll have a hold) and put some music on instantly.

i still have my mp3 play playing. could always stream from my phone via bluetooth.
Quote from Migz : No need to wait for my PC to boot..

you'll always have to wait for that. no need putting it off
Quote from Migz : I can also start checking my emails and facebook without having to wait for my PC to load..

can also do that on most phones today.
Quote from Migz : I'd probably have an ipod to tv cable as well, and stream movies from my wireless hardrive through the iPad to the tv...

a £6 tv out cable from my phone does the same job. more or less.
Quote from Migz : I'd happily pay £200 for something like that...

my phone was £200
Quote from Migz : Wouldn't pay £400 though....

that laptop country
Quote from Migz : Therefore it's pointless at one price, but not the other.....

pointless at both prices because it gives nothing that can't already be done.
oh and my phone fits into my pocket. so the ipad does less than i currently have. making it even more pointless (for me).
Quote from dadge :

no they don't. what a stupid comment to make.

but a lot of people do like youll buy something you dont really want but you will never use you just buy it because its there
Quote from Migz :...So as soon as i come in i can take it off hold(Im guessing it'll have a hold) and put some music on instantly.
No need to wait for my PC to boot.

Not knocking you or the ipad, but we used to have a thing that would play music instantly without booting. It was called a stereo.

iPad
(211 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG