The online racing simulator
Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
39cm of snow and it's still snowing apparently upto 15-20 cm more expected today.

If only i wasn't ill and could enjoy it
Ah, Very Cold, Saw throat and fell through my bed.

Snow.. What a load of ****
Attached images
Jordans 203.jpg
Jordans 204.jpg
about 23cm here now and its still snowing fairly heavily, not gonna stop until about lunchtime

the wind has picked up as well so it's going to start to drift
-
(Luke.S) DELETED by Luke.S
Can't wait for the weekend

Ice axes and crampons at the ready!

Already managed 4 winter routes this year so far, but this weekend should be the pick of the bunch.

Just had the JCB in to clear our car park, dammit, no early departure from work for me.....
We got about 78cm snow where the snowstorm has been most heavy in Denmark. A city completely closed for all traffic because of it and many places has over 2m tall snowdrifts

Although in the part of the country i live, theres only a few cm. Snowstorm was more northern.
Mom woke me up at 6:30 to tell me to turn off my alarm. Snowed quite heavily at night.
Hurrah, snow! ... started snowing when i woke up at 7, now it's still snowing, a good 4-5 inches have settled.
last time i took a look at my car it was covered in ~10cm of snow and had not one but 4 (4!!!) cocks drawn on it in the snow
and i havent been able to open my blinds in my room for almost a week now

yay winter
we've had snow all night all day and its a good 20cm now, most ive ever seen
Shitload of snow, I had my dads car into a pole very slowly.. Nothing happend but the front wheel came into a platform
62cm and increasing
Quote from trebor901 :we've had snow all night all day and its a good 20cm now, most ive ever seen

we got like 3cm here
Not had any for a day now. It's not melting, but its starting to get pretty grotty.
We have had consistent snow all day, and it's snowing even harder now. At this rate we will be snowed in all weekend. I will post some pictures up later, we made a big Jewish snowman (you will know what I mean when I post pics).
Been Snowing all day, Just stopped, Hopefully it snows that bad that i can have the rest of the week off.

No French oral exam, Wooopy
Well this sucks.

Woke up to see about another 2mm of snow on the ground, so easily got to school. It started to really really snow at about 9 - got an inch of snow but then it stopped

So just some throwing of snowballs at teachers/year 7s at lunchtime
We had about 5mm at work, and about 20mm at home, but it had packed down and was sheet ice by the time i came home, managed to kerb one of my new wheels, ass end came out nicely, then the front followed it, a nice 4wd slide accross the roadway, and one scuffed rim, f*%^&!!!!
Quote from danthebangerboy :We had about 5mm at work, and about 20mm at home, but it had packed down and was sheet ice by the time i came home, managed to kerb one of my new wheels, ass end came out nicely, then the front followed it, a nice 4wd slide accross the roadway, and one scuffed rim, f*%^&!!!!

To be perfectly honest, i could see this coming (no offense). Next time you go drifting in the snow/ice, try some narrow winter tyres. And don't try it on public roads maybe...
Quote from danthebangerboy :We had about 5mm at work, and about 20mm at home, but it had packed down and was sheet ice by the time i came home, managed to kerb one of my new wheels, ass end came out nicely, then the front followed it, a nice 4wd slide accross the roadway, and one scuffed rim, f*%^&!!!!

Oddly enough a friend from Cambridge passed her driving test... today. Not quite sure i'd like to be doing that in this weather I tells ya!

However the snow award fail of the year goes to a Mr. Hayward who managed to crash his BMW last night into a Renault 5... twice!
well it's still snowing and we have 17 inches of the white stuff. It's amazing too. compacted underneath and really soft and powdery on top

It's supposed to be clear blue skies all day tomorrow and then carry on snowing untill sunday after that. Maximum temp of -1 untill next week too. Should stay untill next week we can only hope. Maybe we will hit 2 feet if we are lucky
Quote from jibber :To be perfectly honest, i could see this coming (no offense). Next time you go drifting in the snow/ice, try some narrow winter tyres. And don't try it on public roads maybe...

Thats the thing lol, i wasnt doing any drifting at the time, just turning into the road that leads to my house, the entrance of it is uphill, so in this weather you have to give it a little revs and build a little speed up to make it go up the slope or you get stuck on it (done that before) but while the wheels were travelling forwards the car decided to crab sideways on me, plus this is nowhere near the 'drift turn' (private road) near work, which i negotiated completely sideways as usual with no problems i might add.
What the hell is wrong with all the spastics out on the UK's roads? How can people be SUCH a poor judge of how much grip is available?

I've been driving around at 10-15mph through a little slush on treated roads, stuck behind someone driving as if they were on sheet ice. They would barely move, wouldn't go anywhere near another vehicle, basically just acting as a mobile roadblock when you could quite safely do 30mph.

And then when it IS icy, with the road glistening and reflecting and the car squirming and sliding under the slightest provocation, why do I get tailgated by arseholes (usualy taxi drivers or 4×4 owners, I have to admit) who seem to think they drive around on a magic stretch of road that does not possess the same slippery physics as the rest of us?

Grrr. Finally, someone on the radio while I was driving to work this morning came out and spoke the truth on the media. It's not the fault of "Britain" as an entity for the roads grinding to a halt and not coping with the snow. It's the drivers, because 98% of them haven't got a clue how to adjust their speed and driving technique to cope. I'm quite happy driving in such conditions, and feel quite confident picking my way carefully through a variety of slippy surfaces.

I feel very much less confident that some retard isn't going to go barrelling into me, regardless of what I do.
...sat behind some old bitch in a brand new 4x4 for an hour on the way home going 10kph!!!

WTF?
Quote from CSU1 :...sat behind some old bitch in a brand new 4x4 for an hour on the way home going 10kph!!!

WTF?

If it was a X5/X6 then yes i can imagine.

Snooooowww
(2156 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG