The online racing simulator
Quote from flymike91 :Alright so I have to return the game today so I came to a final conclusion on fm3. There are many elements that are wayy beyond fm2 such as graphics, car/track selection, maybe physics but honestly I couldn't see a drastic difference from fm2. There are some parts that were a definite step backwards, one of which is the heavy and slow steering when using controller, which I assume a vast majority of players use. I was borderline disgusted to see a car like the porsche 944 which is so lively and balanced in fm2, wallowing into heavy understeer in fm3 in the same turns at the same speed on the nurburgring. In (I guess) an attempt to make the game easier for controller users, they seriously dumbed down the automatic steering and throttle control. For example I drove the 1970 GTO around the nurburgring in both games. fm2 time: 9:10 fm3 time 9:47. I'm not bitching that my lap times were worse, I'm saying driving the american heavies is all about managing and using oversteer to your advantage, but in fm3 it is almost impossible to make the cars oversteer simply by flooring it mid turn in first or second gear. Even the shelby cobra which is literally next to impossible to control in fm2 is tamed considerably in fm3. Maybe the dumbed down steering helps the majority of forza 3 players, but it only made the experience less realistic for me. I'll be sticking with forza 2 since I don't play online anyway.

Try changing your settings? I play with all help turned off, except TC on certain high-powered cars and no clutch (xbox wheel doesn't have a clutch) and it's pretty good for me
I reckon Mike is the first person I've ever heard mention "American cars" and "oversteer" in the same breath. Most people call them boats for the simple reason they tend not to turn immediately when you tell them to

I've not noticed any major physics changes between the two versions, though I guess the tyre flex might change some of it. It is possible that your 'Ring example was down to a slightly different track model as well as any minor physics changes.

There was a stock Cobra championship in FM2, wasn't there? I had to hire the AI to do it because I found driving the thing so frustrating. Had a similar issue with the old Ford GT40
I also don't think Mike realizes that to get a car (RWD car of course...) to oversteer mid corner when in 2nd or 3rd will require quite alot of power, especially when already quite high in the rev range. In fact, letting off the power quite aggressively is what usually coaxes the car into oversteer mid corner.
Quote from Riders Motion :Hey Kamkor, very nice vid you got there. I wanted to tell you something. I bought LFS back in 2007 after seing Saiko D: Sleepy Dragons video. And yesterday I bought a Xbox 360 after seing your video Forza 3 Drift: Maximum Angle & Speed. Thanks for being so dedicated to gaming, you're making me discover new things and I actually enjoy to watch your videos, a lot.

I got a question to whoever wants to answer: What's a good steering wheel to use with Xbox 360? I heard only MS wheel is compatible but I wanted to ask before I buy anything.

Thanks. I hope you will enjoy your purchase.

As others said there is fanatec wheel, but in my opinion msff does the job good enough in fm3.
Looks awsome!
everyone disses my country

sure we couldnt make any cars back a few decades ago, but now our cars are pretty good imho
Quote from logitekg25 :everyone disses my country

sure we couldnt make any cars back a few decades ago, but now our cars are pretty good imho

Only good car to ever come out your fine land was the '96 Dodge Viper.

"Good" as in gorgeous looks and beautifully stupid car. With a V10.
Quote from logitekg25 :everyone disses my country

Who would trust your biased opinion?

Well, this US muscle is pretty fine imo.
(pic didn't work, car was a Dodge Challenger SRT-10 concept)
Quote from spankmeyer :Only good car to ever come out your fine land was the '96 Dodge Viper.

"Good" as in gorgeous looks and beautifully stupid car. With a V10.

With a 500bhp V10. (Nissan are making 500bhp V6's btw)
Quote from Dajmin :
There was a stock Cobra championship in FM2, wasn't there? I had to hire the AI to do it because I found driving the thing so frustrating. Had a similar issue with the old Ford GT40

Thats my point in a nutshell. What changed from fm2 to fm3 that made previously undrivable cars easier to drive? Actually I shouldn't say easier because now it seems most rwd cars and especially awd cars have, imo, unrealistic amounts of understeer, at least with the controller.

@shadowww: I could make a 500hp 4 banger too but I'd rather have the v10
ya....all the vipers sound, look, and are good in every way imho. all the modern performance cars are pretty good imho.
Quote from flymike91 :@shadowww: I could make a 500hp 4 banger too but I'd rather have the v10

Just because it wastes (yeah, wastes) more fuel and weights more?
Quote from logitekg25 :ya....all the vipers sound, look, and are good in every way imho.

They are horrible, not good.
I reckon a Nissan GTR could beat a Viper tbh.

Round a circuit anyway.
Quote from Shadowww :Just because it wastes (yeah, wastes) more fuel and weights more?They are horrible, not good.

No I'd rather have an engine that revs lower, has more torque, and a higher top speed.
the newer vipers catch fire (see top gear ep where the exhaust under the sills caught fire) They also have brakes that are too small
SO SPEAKING OF FORZA 3...

seriously, on topic...

The single player season play is well thought out, but not very well implemented. You get way too many credits for completing races, and it's far too easy to get first (even with all help turned off) especially in races where there is no class limit.
Quote from senn :the newer vipers catch fire (see top gear ep where the exhaust under the sills caught fire) They also have brakes that are too small

cant find it sorry
-
(Wenom) DELETED by Wenom
I'm 35% through the game ( Bought it 4 days ago :schwitz and so far I like Forza 3 very much. The physics feel like Forza 1 I find so it wasnt too hard for me to get the hang of it. The graphics look awesome even though I only have a 480i television but I'll soon invest into a proper TV to fully enjoy the graphisms. So far I'm very pleased with my purchase.
So, after 2 days of ball busting amounts of racing, I've pocketed a million credits and am looking to reach 3 million soon. What should I buy?
The Nissan R390 seems pretty awesome. I wish I had the money for it.
Go to arcade mode and drive some stuff that tickles your fancy, easiest way to decide. Make sure u don't buy something you win later in the game tho
Oh BTW you guys know about the hidden FOV settings right? By default they're at like 60, but I've got mine at around 85

Go to multi-monitor settings, turn multi-screen on, and change "distance between screens" or similar higher to whatever suits you. Definitely a lot better to be able to actually see the mirror
does it make it so it doesn't look like i'm leaning forward onto the steering wheel in car? i hate that :P
Quote from brandons48 :I reckon a Nissan GTR could beat a Viper tbh.

Round a circuit anyway.

No. Even the base Viper smokes GTRs. I watch them do it all the time around Infineon. I've never seen a GTR overtake a competent driver in a Viper. The ACR especially eats them for lunch. Porsches too.

Quote from flymike91 :Thats my point in a nutshell. What changed from fm2 to fm3 that made previously undrivable cars easier to drive? Actually I shouldn't say easier because now it seems most rwd cars and especially awd cars have, imo, unrealistic amounts of understeer, at least with the controller.

I thought the Cobra, GT40 Mk II and the 330 were all lovely to drive. Except how the Cobra in 2 bounced off the limiter in top gear (4th). But now in 3 the GT40 is geared so high, I only use 2 gears around Laguna Seca.

Probably what changed was the tire model. It seems more unforgiving where understeer is concerned. With a wheel anyway, you have to be very smooth to not rush the front tires. The tire model is weird. As soon as a tire gets to 100% it's like it locks up and just continues in whatever direction it was going at the time. Try to add power or rub the brake a little and nothing really happens - it just keeps going until the road speed has scrubbed off and you regain control. It feels like the tires are made of plastic honestly.

Forza Motorsports 3
(3388 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG