The online racing simulator
Most famous person you have met?
(167 posts, started )
I met Blair before he was PM, I appologise for not shooting him.

I spoke to JB a few times when racing him, and had racing and beers with original Stig Perry McCarthy.

I had a fight with Bruce Dickinson.

I met some guy with a Spanish name who was supposedly famous, talked for a few hours. Some singer or other. At first he talked through a proxy which I took the piss out of him for.

I met two of the spice girls at the height of their fame in a pub, upon them telling me they where spice girls I disbelieved them, only to find out posh spice was moving in just round the corner a week later so it probably was them. I told them to piss off and wind up somebody else.

Maybe some more but that's all that springs to mind.
Quote from Becky Rose :I met Blair before he was PM, I appologise for not shooting him.

Hang your head in shame... :ashamed:

Hehe
#78 - 5haz
Brown makes Blair look like an angel.

At least Blair's record was relatively clean before the war on terror started.
Fair enough.

Anyone met Brown?
Quote from brandons48 :Fair enough.

Anyone met Brown?

I meet brown a couple of times a day, and my brown has a ton more personalility than that Gordon fella.
Quote from danowat :I meet brown a couple of times a day, and my brown has a ton more personalility than that Gordon fella.

Ahaha, i assume they look alike?
#82 - 5haz
Quote from brandons48 :Fair enough.

Anyone met Brown?

I did see Boris Johnson walking out of London city hall once. He came to my town once too, and so did the Queen (she went to my secondary school a year before I went there).
Quote from danthebangerboy :I suggest that you get some decks and try to learn it in a few hours then kev,i guarantee that you won't master the whole thing that quickly.

I've never owned turntables myself but I've shared houses with a lot of DJs over the years and it's easy.
#84 - aoun
Quote from thisnameistaken :I've never owned turntables myself but I've shared houses with a lot of DJs over the years and it's easy.

Try listen to DJ Tiesto, some of his songs have old tunes mixed in, SOME, but if you tell me that what he does is nothing speical, or can be done by ANYONE, i could say you really dont know what you are on about.

Kaliedoscope
Adagio for Strings
Forver Today
Element of Life
Traffic

Theres some of his songs, youll notice in Adagio for Stings it has an old tune. Everything else, from SCRATCH.
Tiesto is an arrogant ****.
Wouldn't pay $1 to see that ****head live.

Quote from thisnameistaken :Have you heard their music?

I'm a raver. I live for EDM.
Quote from thisnameistaken :It's something anybody can learn to do in a few hours. In difficulty terms it's somewhere between tying your own shoelaces and riding a bike.

You clearly know absolutely nothing.
Kev, just let it go. You're trying to tell a bunch of shit music listening fist pumping "technophiles" that putting records on two turntables isn't rocketscience... you didn't actually think that'd work, did you?
I met Jason Watt while he sat in his Seat race car Even got a picture with him. Oh, and also his signature on a card with his car on.
#88 - aoun
I can see there is way too much hate for a genre, for no reason. Ill just take afew steps back out of this stupidity.

Learn to respect other things in life without saying **** this or **** that.
I know there are aspects of electronic music which have merit, but not the ones governed by this cult-of-DJ nonsense and the silly "superclub" scene.

Trance and its derivatives are embarrassingly simple forms of music. Mono synth leads and bugger all else - literally anyone can do it. I've yet to hear anyone produce a novel melody or vaguely interesting beat out of it. And the reason nobody's capable of doing that is because they're not musicians and they don't know what they're doing.
I meant DJ'ing in general kev, someone who mixes music together, not the person or people who makes the music in the first place, that would be the producer or the artist, and not the DJ.

As for it being easy, it isn't as easy and it sounds or looks believe me, although learning how to beat match is a essential part of it which in itself isn't overly hard to master after a few hours and a good 'ear' for beats, but there is much much more to DJ'ing than just matching the record speeds, it's just the start.

Its like saying that if you know what all the pedals do in a car then you can drive, not so.
I kind of met Corrado Fontana in this year's Rali Vinho Madeira.
One of the persons I really wish to meet is Murray Walker.
Quote from danthebangerboy :I meant DJ'ing in general kev, someone who mixes music together, not the person or people who makes the music in the first place, that would be the producer or the artist, and not the DJ.

There was an argument presented earlier that the most-worshipped DJs also produce their own tracks. I was responding to that.

Quote from danthebangerboy :As for it being easy, it isn't as easy and it sounds or looks believe me, although learning how to beat match is a essential part of it which in itself isn't overly hard to master after a few hours and a good 'ear' for beats, but there is much much more to DJ'ing than just matching the record speeds, it's just the start.

Matching record speeds is even easier than it sounds, because most of your set is going to be within a few BPM of eachother anyway. Mixing them is just as easy because they all follow the same predictable format - anyone who has learned how to scratch can drag out an intro for an hour if they care to, it's easy. They were doing it in reggae clubs in the '70s.

Leading the audience is also easy, because they're all smashed and follow like sheep - every crescendo is going to sound like it was made for them, because they think it was made for them, because they're all self-obsessed ****s. Any musician worth his salt knows how to work an audience anyway. I've done hundreds of gigs, I used to do it for a living, I think I can manage it with a pair of turntables where all the music has already been made for me.

There's no magic to it, it's just playing records.
I met Henning Solberg and won against him in a RBR battle! He got very mad and wanted a new race...Which he won
I met some monster truck people once.

IIRC it was Debra Miceli, George Balhan, Mike Wine and some others who I forgot. They are all monster truck people.
Quote from audimasta :I met Henning Solberg and won against him in a RBR battle! He got very mad and wanted a new race...Which he won

I like this story!

I miss RBR, I'll pull my wheel and pedals out of the loft when Scawen Claus gives us new physics and get some stages in at the same time.
My cousin is Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, so... him. And Flea, Frusciante, etc. I also met Dave Grohl, Snoop Dogg, and Kool Keith due to being backstage at RHCP shows.
#97 - 5haz
Naice.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :My cousin is Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, so... him. And Flea, Frusciante, etc. I also met Dave Grohl, Snoop Dogg, and Kool Keith due to being backstage at RHCP shows.

ever tempted to give him a single white sock for a christmas present...

I have met Rob Mclean (on the left)

Not much, but does a lot of sport for ITV and seems to be doing a bit for Sky as well...oh and he's a Staggie so a good guy all around
Quote from DeadWolfBones :My cousin is Anthony Kiedis of the Red Hot Chili Peppers

I used to love him when he was that irrepressible sexual clown, he was like Hendrix, he comes across as such an MOR hack now. It's a real shame.

I suppose it's because he stopped doing the drugs. I hate to say it's a shame when people stop subsisting on mindbending drugs but sometimes that's just how it works out.
I've often wished I was related to a musical superstar from a band I actually enjoy, but oh well. You can't really pick who you're related to.

Most famous person you have met?
(167 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG