The online racing simulator
Quote from Rudagar :So it looks like Kimi is taking a "sabbatical" according to his agent. Could any Finns on here translate the essentials of this article which explains it. http://www.ts.fi/online/urheilu/89167.html

Got a French translation coming from there : http://www.tomorrownewsf1.com/ ... ue-de-kimi-raikkonen-9213.

Kimi et McLaren ont été incapables de parvenir à un accord, alors il (Kimi) ne sera pas en Formule 1, du moins pas l’année prochaine », explique Robertson. « Nous recherchons désormais une catégorie qui convienne à Kimi et dans laquelle il pourra se battre pour remporter le championnat du monde.
Raikkonen se dirige donc vers une année sabbatique en 2010, ou il pourra courir en rallye et probablement aux 24h du Mans, selon Robertson.

=

""Kimi and McLaren were unable to find an agreement, so Kimi won't be in Formula 1, at least not next year", said Robertson. "We're now searching for a category that fits to Kimi and in which he could fight to win the world championship."
Raïkkonen is then going to take a sabbatical year in 2010, and will be able to race in rally and probably at the 24H of Le Mans according to Robertson."
if that is true, it would be awesome to see kimi on the podium of the 24h du mans besides mika salo and jaime melo..... ( yes, i can dream )
gotta hate the sound of these...
1. Kimi taking a sabatical next year, cos he failed to reach an agreement with McLaren.
2. Brawn (aka Mercedes GP) ditching their Championship winning driver.
3. Button going to McLaren to pair up with Lewis, cos he was ditched by Brawn and now cos of that Kimi has no drive next year.

next year did looked promising, but not any more...

and on a side note, would we actually see KERS next year~? it was only a voluntary agreement within the FOTA teams, and now that the two big guys in FOTA, Luca di Montezemolo and John Howett, seems to be stepping down from their duties, and FOTA hasn't announced who's going to take charge of them.
Luca said that he wanted to focus more on his role as the Fiat president so would be stepping down, where as John Howett's team doesn't exist anymore after Toyota pulled out...
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Quote from JCTK :and on a side note, would we actually see KERS next year~? it was only a voluntary agreement within the FOTA teams, and now that the two big guys in FOTA, Luca di Montezemolo and John Howett, seems to be stepping down from their duties, and FOTA hasn't announced who's going to take charge of them.
Luca said that he wanted to focus more on his role as the Fiat president so would be stepping down, where as John Howett's team doesn't exist anymore after Toyota pulled out...

By the regulations KERS is still allowed... surprisingly there hasn't been much talk about this lately. Don't they already need to know are they building a KERS car or not?
Quote from deggis :By the regulations KERS is still allowed... surprisingly there hasn't been much talk about this lately. Don't they already need to know are they building a KERS car or not?

I think they know already, and they will just keep their mouth shut until they turn up at the first race next year...

or someone will be able to tell who's running KERS when they do their first group test in the winter~
I like Kimi, I want him in F1 too.
Updated driver line up 2010

Ferrari

Comfirmed:
Felipe Massa
Fernando Alonso

Formula 1 Test Driver(s): Giancarlo Fisichella, Luca Badoer

Mclaren

Comfirmed:
Lewis Hamilton - Confirmed with team until end of 2012
Jenson Button - Confirmed with team on a multi-year deal
Formula 1 Test Driver(s): TBA

Renault

Comfirmed:
Robert Kubica
(2nd driver yet to be decided)

Possibilities:
Romain Grosjian
Franck Montagny
Nick Heidfeld
Adrian Sutil
Kimi Raikkonen
Heikki Kovalainen
Vitaly Petrov

Formula 1 Test Driver(s): TBA

Torro Rosso

Comfirmed:
Sebastien Buemi

Possibilities:
Jamie Alguersuari - Strongly linked with second seat

Formula 1 Test Driver: TBA

Red Bull

Comfirmed:
Mark Webber
Sebastian Vettel

Williams

Comfirmed:
Nico Hulkenburg
Rubens Barrichello

Formula 1 Test Drivers: TBA

Mercedes Grand Prix
(Both drivers yet to be decided)

Possibilities:
Nico Rosberg
Kimi Raikkonen
Nick Heidfeld

Formula 1 Test Drivers: TBA

Force India

Possibilities:
Adrian Sutil
Vitantonio Liuzzi
Nelson Piquet Jr

USF1

Possibilities:
Alex Wurz
Jacques Villeneuve
Jonathan Summerton
Marco Andretti
Graham Rahal

Campos

Comfirmed:
Bruno Senna

Possibilities:
Pedro de la Rosa
Pastor Maldonado
Vitaly Petrov

Manor

Comfirmed:

Timo Glock

Possibilities:
Max Chilton
Adam Carroll
Anthony Davidson
Christian Klien
Nelson Piquet Jr
Lucas di Grassi

Lotus F1

Possibilities:
Fairuz Fauzy
Christian Klien
Jarno Trulli
Jacques Villeneuve
Kamui Kobayashi

Remove Raikkonen.

It is official he will sit out 2010.
maybe kobayashi to mercedes?

nah im dreaming but i would rather him then heidfeld though.

there is not many possible outcomes for mercedes but i dont see them getting heidfeld thats the thing.
Quote from Mustafur :maybe kobayashi to mercedes?

nah im dreaming but i would rather him then heidfeld though.

there is not many possible outcomes for mercedes but i dont see them getting heidfeld thats the thing.

perhaps... and I'm really crossing my finger for this... it'll be Kimi~
According to Finnish sites, Kimi has officially announced now himself that hes keeping a sabatical year.
on Official F1 site seems same thing...
Yup... No Kimi for Mercedes...
Gazetta dello sports (?) reported Mercedes Grand Prix is interested in having Michael Schumacher in one of their cockpits... the thing is, nothing in that article, which was quoted by the German Television Chanal DSF, seemed to be confirmed in any instance, exept the statement that Michael haven't contacted the Ferrari Boss yet to end the contract as Ferrari adviser
Quote from EliteAti :Was going to post that a while ago but couldnt be bothered. Im glad that the chances excist, though

Yeah, I would like to have Raikkonen in 2010, there is no better character than him.

Offtopic: Hardcore avatar man ;D
Please update first post. Then we get nice view
Done
What I personally would like for 2010 is a figth for the world title that contains more than 2 people.
And I would like it to be the same as in 2009, so close laptimes and such.
0,2 of a sec could get you up 5 places, qualifyings where so awsome, I hope so too for 2010.
I guess every year things change, but lets hope they change in a positive way
Not only top teams fight, but I'm looking foward to see new teams in fire
Listening to radio le mans and Trulli is apparently at Lotus, unconfirmed obviously.

Formula One Season 2010
(1980 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG