The online racing simulator
LFS installer package test
(213 posts, closed, started )
I found a similar problem to the one above.

In the Czech license agreement in this paragraph there are missing the S numbers (there should be "...uživatelům s S1 a S2 licencí" etc.:
Quote :DEMO obsah je přístupný všem, zdarma. UZAMČENÝ S a S obsah je přístupný pouze uživatelům s S a S licencí.

And also here's badly copied text - "click on the red button" etc. The last paragraph should be like this:
Quote :
Pokud s výše uvedenými podmínkami souhlasíte, klikněte prosím na tlačítko "souhlasím". V případě nesouhlasu s výše uvedenými podmínkami prosím klikněte na tlačítko "storno".

I said "the last", because I think the last Czech agreement paragraph should be removed from there, because it's a note about the Czech language which is still under development etc. (It starts with "Poznámka překladatelů").
-
(JordanB) DELETED by JordanB
Quote from Flame CZE :I found a similar problem to the one above.

In the Czech license agreement in this paragraph there are missing the S numbers (there should be "...uživatelům s S1 a S2 licencí" etc.:

In fact there should be no mention of S1 or S2 licenses. This license agreement should not need changing when we add the S3 license.

The help.txt section about licenses should read :

- The DEMO content is given to all people to use, free of charge. The LOCKED content is for appropriately licensed users only. You must not make any attempt to gain access to the locked content, or help anyone else to do so, other than by purchasing a license and using the in-game unlocking screen.

Request : Please could all translators check the /agreement section of the help text if you have not done so already. In the past there was text about LFS being ALPHA (now we say LFS is in continual development) we mentioned DEATH as one of the things we are not responsible for (now we only mention personal injury) and there was text about which button to click (that is not there any more). Thank you for your help on this, the agreement section is now more important because it's used in the installer as well and is the first thing that new LFS users will see.

The full text of the /agreement section is :

Quote from help.txt :Welcome to Live for Speed!

In order to use this software, you must agree to the following :

- Live for Speed is in continual development. Features may be added, updated or removed at any time. Some functional but incomplete features may be included in order to enhance the variety and content of the simulator.

- This software comes with no warranties of any kind.

- You install and use this software at your own risk. The developers of Live for Speed can not accept any responsibility for personal injury or damage to your computer system that may arise during the use of the software.

- The DEMO content is given to all people to use, free of charge. The LOCKED content is for appropriately licensed users only. You must not make any attempt to gain access to the locked content, or help anyone else to do so, other than by purchasing a license and using the in-game unlocking screen.

Thank you.

Quote from Scawen :Request : Please could all translators check the /agreement section of the help text if you have not done so already.

Italian check PASSED !

Quote from Scawen :Request : Please could all translators check the /agreement section of the help text if you have not done so already.

Brazilian Portuguese translation passed. Everything is correctly translated and up-to-date: meaning, syntax, spelling and grammar.

Czech agreement has been updated too.
I've tested the installer on 3 PCs (WinXp, Win7, Win2000) and looks ok for me. I haven't noticed any bugs in translation or any problems with files instalation.

Great work devs
French installer, error
Hi,
in the french version, I have an error message at the end of the installation when i launch the shortcut on the desktop or in the Start Menu : Could not open file : data\skins\HEL_DEFAULT.jpg

Thanks for job
the installer was just a test containing only a few files. It doesn't include any game data files. (it's just 1.16 mb )
im starting to see the point in going with an installer
Quote from Shotglass :im starting to see the point in going with an installer

I still think educating the masses by having them go through the mindblowingly complicated process of extracting a self-extracting 7z is the better approach. Although for a product such as LFS, the installer probably is a good thing.
-
(Ripley) DELETED by SamH : ..
Quote from Victor :
We may keep a 7zip available for download btw for those die hards amongst you But it won't be on the regular downloads page.

That would be very nice!!
This thread is closed

LFS installer package test
(213 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG