The online racing simulator
No! The train is just leaving the station! This is perfect thank you ever so much!
i was literally biting my nails for you mate

good luck, tell how you did
Was a huge rush but in the end I got it all done, a big thanks to iFast, Aid and It'sPhilthy for helping me out, you have no idea how much it meant to me

Thanks,
Michael
Now make sure to tell in your school assigment who actually made those renders.
I did.
Indeed. If you are using someone elses work for your own project, than its not really you getting the grade is it?

I mean say you get the max grade. And then you need to replicate something like that again, you will come down running to the forums asking again?

Not that I care.... but still.....

Good luck. Get a good mark.

This reminds me - I still have to finish my box prototype for my Graphics coursework. The thing is bugging me

I am trying to replicate the Forza 3 LCE box...... But I dont want to take it apart so its really difficult
aah, which reminds me, i still have to start my world history project
could somebody render my skin:

left or right side

and 1680x1050

please

with nice big rims

its the Lexus LF-A Gazoo Racing Replica
Attached images
FZR_LFA_GR.jpg
here is quick one no BIG rims though
Attached images
fzr013.jpg
fzr014.jpg
There is no skin, at least I don't see it. It says, "404 - Not Found" to me.
xfg
Attached images
xfg-006.jpg
xfg-010.jpg
xfg-007.jpg
xfg-008.jpg
xfg-009.jpg
thx
Quote from Aid :xfg

I think your renders has too much reflections, with less of them it would look nicer, and also when you rotate your wheel, don't forget to rotate brake rotor and caliper, because this time I see that you forgot
thanks did i forget? i thought i did let me check model. btw reflections are more realistic than no reflections, no ref look pointles and flat.... thing is it's difficult to achieve realistic lightning with such a simple scenes and reasonable render times
well yes i did turn disc rims wheels and calliper on left wheel looks like i missed disc brake on right nice spoted

btw check refs on average car... unless you have 2mm layer of dust and mud on car it's very reflective, also lfs models are not detailed enough to make them look realistic.. yeah it's nightmare
http://eahart.com/prius/ShinyCar.jpg
Quote from Aid :well yes i did turn disc rims wheels and calliper on left wheel looks like i missed disc brake on right nice spoted

btw check refs on average car... unless you have 2mm layer of dust and mud on car it's very reflective, also lfs models are not detailed enough to make them look realistic.. yeah it's nightmare
http://eahart.com/prius/ShinyCar.jpg

Well yes, car must have reflections, but it must have it when it's outside, not when it's in studio. Take a look here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=59031 reflections should be "soft", and to reach them use soft lightning( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_light )
yeah i agree about studio lights however it's still not that simple, anyway i bodge it and use primitive base scene with hdri environment over car and plane so yeah it's not optimal... maybe 1 day i will have to sit on it
Quote from Aid :yeah i agree about studio lights however it's still not that simple, anyway i bodge it and use primitive base scene with hdri environment over car and plane so yeah it's not optimal... maybe 1 day i will have to sit on it

What program and what renderer you use?
3ds max 2009 and mental ray and vray i disslike brazil i did some rendering in the past so i'm re-lerning it all, i forgot everything i knew
i will try them thanks... lately i used mray because of speed but yeah it's easier to achieve nice results with vray imo...problem is render times, to get rid of noise it need a lot of subdivisions so i put it off for a minute. it's great for studio lightning and has great support for area lights. i use simple scene here fox006. i will have to come back to vray but i need to invest in i7 first i think
Attached images
fox006.jpg
Quote from Aid :i will try them thanks... lately i used mray because of speed but yeah it's easier to achieve nice results with vray imo...problem is render times, to get rid of noise it need a lot of subdivisions so i put it off for a minute. it's great for studio lightning and has great support for area lights. i use simple scene here fox006. i will have to come back to vray but i need to invest in i7 first i think

I think there's no need to have ultra powerful pc to use vray, I have C2D 2Ghz with 2gb ram and I get reasonable render times, for example, to render HD resolution simple LFS car scene takes about 5minutes, but if I add DOF, reflective floor effects it may extend to 15min and even that is a good render time.
yeah my pc has about 50% power (probably less) so render with reflective floor takes 30+ min i can't be bothered to wait this long... of course if you decrease subdivisions it's faster but this noise annoys me

however i like it more than mr so i wil use it more often

Render My Skin
(9831 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG