The online racing simulator
Colin McRae Rally 2.0
(24 posts, started )
Colin McRae Rally 2.0
hello, everyone..
OK, before you start (maybe) the flame war, I would like to say few things about it. I had this game on PSX (loved it), and now I found a PC version in my closed, I installed it, and I was shocked actually how GOOD it realy was
(is)... The physics is WAY better than other "SIM" (such as "race driver, GM rally? (my opinion)). Let's face it, it was released 10 years ago or so, and other simlike racing games can't compare against it even after 10 years. I'd like to hear your opinion (NOT ABOUT MY ENGLISH), and if anyone is still playing this game?

Svetimas
I used to play this game a lot, when I was young. Playing splitscreen with my brother was great, even though he was no competition for me. Unfortunately, I lost my CD
It still is the most fun arcade racer game ever!
mini cooper i always won with
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
that car doesn't need brakes
i remember i got the CD with demo from magazine (LFS was there too!!! That's where from i know lfs) and played it in mum's laptop. That was fun, really good game. I also like CMR 1. I have it on my playstation, a couple of days ago i turned it on and had a great fun playing splitscreen with a friend .
Best arcade game ever!

And then...my dad came to play and broked the game I just got expert level
I loved the training in the first CMR.
Ah, that brings back memorys.
#9 - 4aged
YES! cranked this game hard out on PC back in the day, still have it installed and is still fun! can download mods for updated rally cars. 22b subaru ftw also!

someone start a nostagia series in this!
oh my gosh , I forgot all about this game since 2.0 never worked on my old pc.

Just downloaded the demo. wow. too bad my dvd drive is broken. This is the only rally game I've played that gives a believeable antilag system. i rate it on par with RBR for fun.
i remember this - t'was DEADLY! back when had a sidewinder wheel
Oh, I remember that. My first PC game IIRC. Was great fun... while mine FX5200 lasted
I loved that game...fun to play, fun to crash, hell it was even fun with cheats on! I have better memories to remember with CMR than CMR2.0, but both were very nice games to play.
Quote from hrtburnout :Playing splitscreen with my brother was great, even though he was no competition for me.

It was the other way around, admit it.
That's the reason, why I created this thread, that game had no bad aspects ten years ago.. admit it As I said in the first topic, I have installed it, and now I have all gold medals in the throphie cabinnet. I've spent about 8-9 hours playing it, and I don't regret any minute. Good work Codemasters, bad luck on DIRT series tho... well graphics requires NASA PC tu run.. Oh wel, not everyone can afford one. I've tested DIRT 1, and DIRT 2, but just graphics increasses it's overall rating. Anyway.. DIRTs are one of the best games arcade's point of view. (so sorry about english)

Svetimas
Yeah, the CMR series has gone downhill from 2.0 on. And even that was a bit less sim than CMR1 iirc. I thoroughly enjoyed both of them back in the day.
Quote from geeman1 :Yeah, the CMR series has gone downhill from 2.0 on. And even that was a bit less sim than CMR1 iirc. I thoroughly enjoyed both of them back in the day.

cmr 2k5 was good too...after that they went downhill
Quote from ferrarifan777 :cmr 2k5 was good too...after that they went downhill

Right. 03 & 04 are horrible compared to 2.0 and 2005.
I only have 2005 on PS2 and DiRT on PC. 2005 is good, but I can't actually play DiRT as my GFX card isn't good enough.
#20 - 5tag
I never played another part of the series than Colin McRae Rally from 1998 or so, the first one. It had very nice graphics at the time(remember all that dust in Greek or Australia?^^) and together with Grand Prix Legends these games were top-notch.
Stiil remember when i was driving in Australia (i guess it was) There was that train. I just love racing whit the train
omg I love the anti-lag. xD

Anyone else notice/have problems shifting in super special stages. And why is there no anti lag in those ?
Quote from Ricerguy :omg I love the anti-lag. xD

And why is there no anti lag in those ?

I have experianced it also, average I loose about 2-3 second in manual gearbox.. It's strange that it only happens in S.S. stages.
hmm, may be more realistic than we thought. :P

the spark cut full throttle shift (Flatshift) system may have been taken out to make it fair?
I seem to be able to shift when I lift of the throttle. :/

Colin McRae Rally 2.0
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG