The online racing simulator
Drift Max. Lock
(624 posts, started )
Quote from Gekkibi :
Don't know when and where Scawen said so, but because so many have said that he had said it I believe it is the truth. And if you (Or anyone else) can't find a stock car with lots of lock, you can't have more lock in LFS. And no, modified stock car is still a modified stock car.

Again: I have nothing against drifters.

Fot example:
Skyline r32 = leading wheel 39*, trailing 28*.
nissan 350z = leading wheel 39*, trailing 29*.
(u know that in drifting most important wheel is LEADING wheel... leading wheel holds everything and shows the car where to go)
Leading wheel is middle wheel.

i'm not sure about exact numbers but for Toyota Supra's, like i said before leading wheel is 40+ and trailing 30+
I was searching it in all repair manuals and over the internet(TO PROVE IT) about this figures, but exact numbers i dont found, i just know it from my life experience with cars and drifting.

I just want say one thing.
If you dont want to have more lock, u can use/set the lock whatever u want.
But i dont understand why you are angry on drifters... and arguing about that.
And what about "RACING SIMULATOR" not drifting simulator????
LFS is a SIMULATOR - if u can race -> u can drift, it's just like in RW.
Whats wrong with that? Why only racers can have more fun... ?
And one more thing: why in LFSWORLD u can set "Type of racer": race/drift/drag.

ps: i wonder how much leading and trailing wheel angle has XRT or other street car in lfs
(or u just think that both wheels have 36* ?)
Peace :wallace:
Quote from Macist :Fot example:
Skyline r32 = leading wheel 39*, trailing 28*.
nissan 350z = leading wheel 39*, trailing 29*.
(u know that in drifting most important wheel is LEADING wheel... leading wheel holds everything and shows the car where to go)

What value is changeable in LFS?

Quote from Macist :
i'm not sure about exact numbers but for Toyota Supra's, like i said before leading wheel is 40+ and trailing 30+
I was searching it in all repair manuals and over the internet(TO PROVE IT) about this figures, but exact numbers i dont found, i just know it from my life experience with cars and drifting.

Okay, but we don't got Supra's and such driftcars in LFS.
We have normal-ish cars, which will use normal-ish in comparison to real cars.

I have nothing against drifters, I do it casually too.
But I just really like the idea of driving a virtual stock car, which drives more or less like the real thing.
If you drive with a "Road Going" setup now, you will be outraced anywhere because of the setup.
Because of driving 'fast' setups you won't get the right feeling of the car.
The extremes of setting up the car have to be pulled out of the game.
As in, 0,001 adjustable gear ratio (or just the gear ratio itself), unrealistic maximum lock (or just make it non-adjustable eventually?), camber, most suspension options, etc.

I do agree that you may flush down a lot of LFS's best points. So I say, make it a hardcore setting or w/e.
Because, when I used LFSTweak the other day, I saw that when you make the rear tyres distance 0, LFS will automatically register that you don't need a differential and therefore you can't choose it.

Everything is possible with LFStweak, make 1L V12 Turbocharged rear wheel driven tricycles, but let's be honest, it's not realistic.

I have no idea what should be done, but it's the devs's call.
Just wait and see what happends. 'Till then, just use lock modifier thingy-app-unit.
Quote from kamkorpl :i adressed those arguments couple of times before. Won't be going over this shit again, a waste of time.

Anyway, let's make setups stock, reduce steering lock even more. Also eliminate pit button, introduce netkar pro hardcore mode so that setup changes take a lot of time. And if we have major accident, our license should be set to "r.i.p." - forcing player to buy another license with new nickname.

Because this is - the online racing simulator.

thats just fking retarded!!!!!!!!! Its a goddamn game not a fking real race series!!! Would you like to buy the game again if you die in cod4?????? Most retarded post ever!
Quote from J03130 :thats just fking retarded!!!!!!!!! Its a goddamn game not a fking real race series!!! Would you like to buy the game again if you die in cod4?????? Most retarded post ever!

That'd be impossible, since your post is more retarded.

I don't see why we can't already add more lock, since we can modify almost everything else on the road cars.
Quote from PMD9409 :That'd be impossible, since your post is more retarded.

I don't see why we can't already add more lock, since we can modify almost everything else on the road cars.

That's the whole point.
We SHOULDN'T be able to modify everything on the road cars.
Or do you want adjustable body, bodykits, rims, engines, NOS, size, weight, gravity, tracks, planets, colors, etc.?

Doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
I hope LFS gets on the good way by getting limited sets like the scirocco, to ensure you get the feeling of driving a real-ish car.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :I hope LFS gets on the good way by getting limited sets like the scirocco, to ensure you get the feeling of driving a real-ish car.

Because more steering lock and more adjustable setup options (that are adjustable) in real life will make it less real-ish? Or by real-ish you mean more stock?

I guess for the same reason people are cruising in lfs, because they haven't driven much in real life and hadn't had "the pleasure" of getting stuck in traffic jams.
It seems like more debating is going so far, not just suggestions anymore.

Ones who want to have more steering lock try to explain why do they need(including me that want it). And ones who don't need it can say anything because they just don't need it. I'm one of LFS fans and I just need to know that having more steering lock is that bad for circuit racing? Do you really think having more lock will ruin LFS? You think ones with more steering lock will take advantage in a circuit racing or F1 racing?

I don't know if I say this will make me being a retarded for someone who think ones who want to have more steering locks are retarded. But I and my friends bought S2 License becuase we love drifting, well we cannot afford to have any real cars for drifting. We chose to bought S2 because we tried demo and think THIS IS THE BEST Sim ever made. And sure......we are fine with it for now, but having more steering lock for some cars will be better for any drifters. Please,...will you be more kindly suggest and stop treating ones who just want to have more steering locks like kids that just want to have a toy?

I just want to know why when someone is asking "If there is any reallife cars with xxx lock, bla bla" and ones answered "there is bla bla." then ones who asked will answer "because bla bla bla bla, so don't need it". And the loops are started again.

I saw many loops in this thread which are just the same and it will be repeating 'til we "bla bla" for sure.

I just said what I think, never want to clash against ones who don't want it. And sure I want........ just suggest.

ps. I vote for "Having more steering lock".
Quote from kamkorPL :Because more steering lock and more adjustable setup options (that are adjustable) in real life will make it less real-ish? Or by real-ish you mean more stock?

It will make it more stock indeed.
Else you keep driving the best setup (which doesn't drive like the thing itself/ isn't realistic) to keep up while racing.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :It will make it more stock indeed.
Else you keep driving the best setup (which doesn't drive like the thing itself/ isn't realistic) to keep up while racing.

Ok, so basically what we have now?

No one ever turns full lock in a race, so adding lock will not make you go any faster. So basically, it would be only be used by drifters, which I don't see a problem with.
Quote from Hyperactive :I guess it is just the thing that it would mostly benefit the drifters. People on the LFS forum don't hesitate to shoot down any suggestions if they are not 100% racing related. Basically it means that drifting is looked down and laughed at all the time.

And after all it is quite ridiculous to say 36 degrees is enough because in real life cars don't have such amounts of steering lock. At the same time we can adjust our transmissions in 0.001 steps and have infinite amount of different springs/dampers/arbs in a "standard" car (XRG).

Matrixi said it right.

Actually it has already few times been suggested such precise tuning of cars should be removed.
But for the wings settings and toe-in settings, it should have a much finer control/adjustments
Quote from PMD9409 :Ok, so basically what we have now?

No one ever turns full lock in a race, so adding lock will not make you go any faster. So basically, it would be only be used by drifters, which I don't see a problem with.

No.

What we have now is ultra-finetuning areas of things we shouldn't be able to finetune that much.
That should go, and we should get back realistic defined setup-able areas of what's realistic and what's not.
Alright, but adjusting max lock in degree steps is entirely possible (although incredibly difficult beyond a certain point, when modifications to chassis and/or body are necessary), adjusting gear ratios in 0.001 steps, I dare say, is a physical impossibility, or at least highly impractical as the transmissions would be enourmous in both mass and volume, not to mention mindblowingly complex.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :No.

What we have now is ultra-finetuning areas of things we shouldn't be able to finetune that much.
That should go, and we should get back realistic defined setup-able areas of what's realistic and what's not.

Dude, i think u are in wrong thread!
U should make new one for yourself: I HATE LFS "ULTRA-FINETUNING"
because your posts is totally nonsense here...
Peace.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :No.

Well yes, if you want your other post to make sense.

I fully agree that the cars can be adjusted too much, but this is a totally different topic.
Quote from PMD9409 :Well yes, if you want your other post to make sense.

I fully agree that the cars can be adjusted too much, but this is a totally different topic.

45° is too much.

adjusting max lock is a different thing, since it's a small job to do.
Quote from RudolfR :How abaut if we increase our drift maximum lock ?
its 36 , its shuld be more for drifting , is it possible ?

not with the current Tyre physics as the tyres will flat spot all day long.

ive a xrt set-up which can do it.
guys when will u giv up this arguments been going on for like 3 years now.
Quote from Bmxtwins :guys when will u giv up this arguments been going on for like 3 years now.

Sorry, but never
I'm just glad that LFS is like it is !!!
Quote from Bmxtwins :guys when will u giv up this arguments been going on for like 3 years now.

not till there is more steering lock:P
Unless I am mistaken, there was a program a while a go that could change the steering lock.

Cheat-o-Matic or something.

Not that I ever got it to work.

EDIT!@

FOUND IT!!

EDIT2@ Got it working on Patch Z25 and V. XRR with 45deg!!
#621 - Woz
Quote from masternick :not till there is more steering lock:P

Reminds me of some song lyrics.. ah yes

"over and over and over and over, like a monkey with a minature symbol, the joy of repitition really is in you"

lol
Road cars without safety equipment shouldn't even race.

Show me ONE official head-to-head racing competition with road cars like XFG and XRT, and then I'll deffend more tunable specs on stock parts.

Otherwise, we have NFS...
Quote from PedraumF :Road cars without safety equipment shouldn't even race.

Show me ONE official head-to-head racing competition with road cars like XFG and XRT, and then I'll deffend more tunable specs on stock parts.

Otherwise, we have NFS...

Dude, it's not this topic.
WE DONT NEED YOU TO DEFFEND SMTHNG... better go racing
Quote from Macist :Dude, it's not this topic.
WE DONT NEED YOU TO DEFFEND SMTHNG... better go racing

In this case, we can close this forum. Stop talking, people, and let's just race forever.

Drift Max. Lock
(624 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG