The online racing simulator
j/k mate, no harm done
Quote from Lajoosh_ :this thread is now against my person.
its not about the lock angle anymore because nobody can tell us a correct and true reason why not to change back to 45 (or even more) degrees.

Unfortunately, you're right. LFS threads do seem to have a habit of degenerating to personally directed bashings.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=asdf

asdf

1. Usually a mannerism for displaying frustration (e.g. what the heck)
2. four letters on the home row struck by the left pinky, ring,middle, index finger (respectively)
3. A combination of letters to show that basic things like communication and social skills are lacking the writer. It is likely that people who use it like drifting cars, and believe that it is a form of racing. They are use the term Gripper to differentiate Drifter, whereas Racer and Waste of Tyres would be more accurate.

1. omg, asdfasdfafdasdfasdf
2. a-s-d-f
3. asdf
asdf? (read: what the heck?)
When you punch the keyboard randomly, it's almost guaranteed (net legend) that you'll find the letter sequence 'asdf' typed in there somewhere. It could be used as template text or just plain gibberish.

Usually it goes like this:
"Hay fellas I REQVIST NOS FUR MY LFS OKIES FOR I TO DRFUT BUTTERS LEET3SKLISLZSDLKASDASFASDFASDFASDFASDF"

EDIT: Mental note to self - scroll up a bit before posting.
Quote from Hankstar :j/k mate, no harm done

j/k too
asdf...
so we got from 45 degrees to a signature to asdf...
seriously this thread is now off topic.
tristan! i want to say to you that i dont like you now and i wish something baaaad for you! mmkay?
plz quit being so rude with me because it makes me reeeally sad! :'(
Quote from Lajoosh_ :tristan! i want to say to you that i dont like you now and i wish something baaaad for you!

Man, you have to be more creative than "baaaad".
You could wish fifteen hundred transvestite freedom fighters from the planet Mn'ut (they're actually quite small) sung Gregorian chants in reverse to an icon of his resemblance in a manic attempt of cosmic voodoo or a horde of crazed Jesuit monks recreated famous battles in his shorts. "Baaaad" can't possibly cut it.
The transvestite freedom fighters are coming round for tea tomorrow, so I'll ask about their chants. And I don't have many shorts, let alone 1500.

Lajuice - I'm not the only one being rude, bear that in mind before accusing me. I have nothing against you, just your posts. If you can't handle a bit of teasing, then just ignore me. I'm just playing with the drifter stereotype, which is something you seem to a) be offended by and b) further.
ah the beauty of victimhood ... this reminds me a lot of that oval thread we had a while ago

Quote from tristancliffe :And I don't have many shorts, let alone 1500.

i thought he meant in your shirts as in while you have them on
Quote from tristancliffe :Lajuice

thats childish, you make fun of my name. i could do that too but i wont because im not at that low level. to tell the truth i did things like that but i was at the age of 7-8. thats plain childish, you shold stop it. and after that you call me (and i guess all the drifters) unintelligent.
what comes next? saying shut your biatch mouth! or fukk yourself?
stop it dude i mean it geez >
*sigh*
Someone lock this please, and add it to the giant list of drift threads that have turned nasty & childish. FFS kids, this is the official forum for this game, where new users, casuals and die-hard regulars alike come to get info and talk LFS - not your frickin' dorm room. You want to have a pillow fight, do us a favour and do it in private. LFS has something of an unfortunate reputation amongst other communities and this kind of bullshit is part of the reason. Noone wants to come here and see this shit ok?
when immature drifters and immature anti-drifters meet... it is not pretty.
I quick like a lot of drifters now actually - the good ones in LFS are very genial and pleasant. Unfortunately (and I think even the die-hard drifters would agree with me) they are in the minority.

I never called all drifters unintelligent (at least not in the last year, since my opinion of them changed for the better

Whilst taking the mickey out of your 'name' might be a bit childish (and I don't claim to NOT be childish - I quite like being immature at times) it's only a passing thing, and is merely a tiny bit of the belittling. The more obscure stuff is potentially ruder.

And do, I won't resort to shut your trap or swearing - I'm more than capable of thinking of proper sentences as replies. Just remember that no matter what I write, I am attacking a post and not a poster. I don't know you, and I don't claim to. If I call you unintelligent or stupid what I really mean is that your previous posts have shown scant regard for such commodities. If you want to take that as me calling you stupid then that's your call.
Quote from tristancliffe :If I call you unintelligent or stupid what I really mean is that your previous posts have shown scant regard for such commodities.

it doesnt matter. you still attack without a purpose.
most of the people who replied this thread said nothing useful. only trolling on the few drifters who actually writes down the needs of the whole drift community.
on the other hand i did show and explained many things related to the lock angle and drifting in real life. do you call that nothing?
you dont know much about this sport and not interested in it so how could you know its needless for us?
it doesnt matter what anyone says or thinks about this. the facts are:
drifters use lfs. lfs is a simulator and it has modifiable race/streetcars (countless modifications are possible even at low class street cars)
obviously lfs is meant to be a "racing simulator" and for for normal racing 36° lock is enough. but since there are drifters who paid for and use lfs there are also other needs. in this case it is not a big deal. this is an easy modification that (well yes, grippers dont need and wouldnt even think of doing such a thing with their cars) is used in drifting.

let me give you an other short and maybe more understandable perspective about this:

there are two groups: the grippers and the drifters
these two groups have different goals in motorsports. to reach it they also have different needs.
while gripper go staright trying to save the tires during the race and shortening their laptimes, drifters go sideways, there arent long races to save the tires for and they must overtake and must not be overtaken.
these groups are like fire and ice.
(hahaha, well most of the cases here fire wants to melt ice while ice just wants to stay cool . this was a joke, dont think anything serious hidden)
different competitions, different styles, different needs.
but there is something common: they all love lfs. they paid for it and they will pay for the next releases(i will for sure). they want improvements related to their sports.

now here is something small change, a 1 minute improvement that would make drifters happy, while their happiness wouldnt affect grippers.
if the devs let drifters use 45° again we will be very happy. if not, well we still can drift.

from now on plz talk about the original topic
(i hope you dont think this was a stupid post again :P)
Quote from Lajoosh_ :(i hope you dont think this was a stupid post again :P)

Not at all - one of the best so far imo. Perspective, when applied, is a wonderful thing.

P.S. I still don't like the term gripper - it just sounds wrong in so many ways. Nice change of sig by the way
"Grippers" LOL. God, how silly. We're "racers". We race. Racing = being faster than the rest and it happens to require grip. Although, if you saw Grand Prix racing anytime up to the late 1960s there's no way you would have called it "gripping"

The thing is, you said "if the devs let drifters use 45 degrees again". They removed the extra lock because it doesn't apply to the cars they're simulating. I know that there's a lot about the street cars that isn't very "street" and that putting the extra lock back in wouldn't be difficult at all, but the fact is Scawen removed it for a reason. I don't know how likely it is that he'll put it back. I think, having read this thread again, that perhaps the best idea would be for drivers to have a choice of lock angle, anywhere between 36 and 45 degrees. The racers among us probably wouldn't even use or notice the extra lock, so I guess there's no practical reason to leave it out. It may reduce threads about drifting which end up as flame-fests, moreso than any other thread (except maybe the ones about tuning/t3h NOZ).

In the end, as always, the final decision is up to the devs, so I repeat a question I've asked before: has anyone asked Scawen directly about his attitude toward drift-assistance in LFS?

"Grippers" LOL
What next? You gonna call high-divers "fallers" and synchronised swimmers "floaters"?
i dont really remember where is this term originated from. i guess it was this place, lfsforum or amybe the older one at rsc this is not my idea
ok racers from now, whatever your wish... :P

btw is pointless ta say something like this "doesn't apply to the cars they're simulating." most cars in lfs are fictional so their maximum lock depends only on the devs.
I guess you missed the part, directly after that, where I qualified that statement with this:
Quote :I know that there's a lot about the street cars that isn't very "street"

...indicating that I realise the street cars aren't exactly street at the moment. I recommend reading my entire post so you get everything in context, rather than just isolating whatever jumps out at you. That is pointless.

LFS simulates real car behaviour. The names and shapes of the cars are definitely fictional but as far as I'm aware they're all modelled on real data from real cars (I don't know how else would you create a race sim, actually). IIRC the extra lock was removed by the devs precisely because it didn't exist on that type of car in real life. Their decision, their reasoning. Pick bones with them, not me.
Quote from Lajoosh_ :most cars in lfs are fictional so their maximum lock depends only on the devs.

cool, now we are going in circles. read the first page (second post) of this thread again.
Why can't this thread just die?
Quote from AndroidXP :Why can't this thread just die?

The same question has bugged me for quite a while...

Well, tristan's incessant need to insult anyone he doesn't agree with doesn't help.

I'm not really any side on this, but this constant bickering isn't helping. All this bickering is so circular...

I say if there's no technical and reasonable arguments for and against more steering lock, someone PLEASE lock this thread.
First page was a good and (somewhat) informative read, but the following 7+ pages were tragically hilarious.

Rename thread 'Thread Plz. Lock"
Nope, again you missed the point. I'll never insult anyone who I simply don't agree with. Hell, I don't agree with a lot of things with a lot of people on this forum alone, yet I remain friends with many. If Kev, for example, says something I don't agree with I don't insult him. Actually, I do with him (poor example), but you get the point.

What bugs me, and what I am inclined to be rude about, is STUPID people. Not necessarily people who don't know something (he who knows not, but knows that he knows not needs teaching - teach him), but people who pretend to know something, make up facts to fit an argument, forget to use common sense, whine and then say they don't like whiners, and so on and so on.

You are a clever chap James. You seem to know a lot, and I have to assume you don't look it up each time in a book/on the wiki (though you might, who knows). What bugs me about you is the fact you always post the same things (lag, balancing, evo stuff etc), or you post stuff that isn't directly relevant to a discussion - additional facts to show you know additional facts, when the additonal facts add nothing to a discussion.

If you don't like me, then that's fine. If you don't like what I type then that is fine. But the reason I don't appear to get on with you is because of WHAT you type. Another example is Dave yesterday - a heated 'discussion' gradually became civil as we found where each other was coming from. Maybe you and I are as stubborn as each other. I don't know. But I don't feel obliged to like or be nice to everyone - I hate this Political Correctness thing about tolerating everyone. I don't, and I'm proud of it!

If I am guilty of keeping dead threads going each time someone posts, it's because I hate the ignorance in the automotive world. People who think NOS is used in premiere drag racing, or who think that Octane is the amount of power in a fuel etc. They deserve to be called fools so they look in a mirror and start to learn something, rather than just repeating what a mate in pub who reads max power said. There is no excuse for thinking, to use the above example, that Octane is the amount of power in a fuel. No excuse other than blatent laziness or stupidity. If I let them carry on believing it (by not posting a reply) then I might as well start believing this nonsense myself.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
hi. im not a drifter. and i guess im about to post something that is on the side of the racers. however i am not knowledgable enough about motorsports/ engines to actually have a creditable view here.

but, to add a little something to the brew thats going here.

Live for speed. The title of our lovely game. its not called Live for drift.

Ok, so a big portion of the community is drifters, they have adopted Live for speed the online 'racing' simulator for their drifting. I am pretty sure the game was never described to you as a drift game before you bought it? You purchased a racing simulator. Are using it for something other than what it was designed for yet are asking for changes + additions to the game to suit your drifting. Where as there is a million more important racing additions to be put into this racing simulator.

im sorry guys, until a online drifting simulator is made and is designed for this purpose and sold to you as a drifting simulator, you may have to take a back seat and make do with what youve got!

This sounds really harsh, but to me this is a hard fact which you have overlooked. You cant say I purchased this game for drifting so please keep us drifters happy!

just my 2 pence.

Drift Max. Lock
(624 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG