The online racing simulator
any results on balancing the GT2 Cars yet e.g. values for KY3 yet?
I was just wondering the same thing, theres a LOT of unknowns at the moment, the teams havent been announced, neither GT1 or GT2 balancing is known, and yet were 10 days away from the first round of the series. Infact, wouldnt the first qualifying be taking place this coming Sunday? I know people dont really take the first qual too seriously, but we'd surely need to have selected our cars by this point, giving us less than 90hrs to make a decision.

Its kinda impossible to practice for something when you dont know which car is going to be fastest for you to run in. I know its not easy to come up with a final decision, and it cant be rushed, but its getting kinda unreasonable on the people having to rush to get everything together so close to the start.
Quote from paulc2k :i was just wondering the same thing, theres a lot of unknowns at the moment, the teams havent been announced, neither gt1 or gt2 balancing is known, and yet were 10 days away from the first round of the series. Infact, wouldnt the first qualifying be taking place this coming sunday? I know people dont really take the first qual too seriously, but we'd surely need to have selected our cars by this point, giving us less than 90hrs to make a decision.

Its kinda impossible to practice for something when you dont know which car is going to be fastest for you to run in. I know its not easy to come up with a final decision, and it cant be rushed, but its getting kinda unreasonable on the people having to rush to get everything together so close to the start.

+1
A couple of things:

1. We will almost certainly (just waiting for the OK from MultiBC) be pushing back the dates for the first three races by one week each--to Oct. 10, Nov. 7, and Dec. 5, respectively. This will give the teams more time to choose their cars and get practiced up for the first round.

2. Due to some changes in our info on the patch situation, we will be using global balancing rather than track-by-track balancing. This has caused a slight hiccup in our getting the balancing out, but it is coming soon.
Quote from baSh0r :any results on balancing the GT2 Cars yet e.g. values for KY3 yet?

Good luck to the accepted teams, promises to be yet another great season. Good luck to F1RST on defending their titles.

Yes, good luck to everyone, I will keep a close eye on this season, looks promising...
Good luck to my former team mates who found a new home in nfinity eSport.
I`ll be watching for sure
Quote from Rules :Skins must be posted in the appropriate round’s skin thread 24 hours prior to the first qualifying session of a given race weekend.

Any news with regards to the skinning kits?
I would like to get some clarification on a issue regarding skins. On the rules is stated:
-Skins must also include the names of the drivers on the team’s race entry list and their national flags.
-Skins must be posted in the appropriate round’s skin thread 24 hours prior to the first qualifying session of a given race weekend.

Since you have till Friday before the start of the race by 21:00 UTC, to post designated drivers, we can´t be expected to include the drivers names on the skin, 24 hours prior to the first qualifying session.
Quote from chunkyracer :I would like to get some clarification on a issue regarding skins. On the rules is stated:
-Skins must also include the names of the drivers on the team’s race entry list and their national flags.
-Skins must be posted in the appropriate round’s skin thread 24 hours prior to the first qualifying session of a given race weekend.

Since you have till Friday before the start of the race by 21:00 UTC, to post designated drivers, we can´t be expected to include the drivers names on the skin, 24 hours prior to the first qualifying session.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1276842#post1276842
Quote from chunkyracer :I would like to get some clarification on a issue regarding skins. On the rules is stated:

Quote from DeadWolfBones :Hi drivers and admins,

As helpfully pointed out by one team leader, in this post I state that teams will have until their first on-track session to choose their car type. This contradicts with the requirement of having your skins posted within 24 hours of the session start. As such, to be fair to teams who had a hard time deciding their car type due to the late announcement of the balancing, we are relaxing the rules for this round only.

All teams are eligible for both Q1 and Q2, regardless of skin readiness re: the deadline. However, as something of a compromise, the deadline is still in effect for the race--you must have skin posted within 24 hours of the race start (12:00 UTC next Friday the 9th). As before, your car type for the season is defined by whatever you use in your first on-track session.

If possible, you should still post your high-res skin (2048x2048 pixel) before the session begins.

Thanks for your attention to detail! It's what keeps this series fair for everyone.

-MoE Admins

That's actually the wrong correction to point him to, guys.

Try this (the note at the bottom of the OP).

Quote :Please note:

We've identified a bit of a snag in the rules:
1. Skins must be posted prior to qualifying
2. Skins must include car roster for the race
3. Car roster for the race must be posted by Friday before the race at 21:00 UTC.

i.e., the deadline for your race roster is actually much earlier than stated in the thread.

As such, teams will be allowed to qualify with a version of the skin that doesn't include driver names or flags. However, this skin must be replaced by a skin with names/flags by the time of the roster confirmation deadline.

We realize that this isn't the most elegant solution, and will continue to work on finding a better one.

Thanks for your replys, but that´s not the answer I wanted. The post you quoted is only in effect for this round only. What I was pointing out is the contradition between being forced to have your skin ready for the first Q1 before a race, that according the rules should have the drivers names on it, when you´re still almost a week away from the deadline to the drivers nominations.

EDIT: Thanks for your answer, Ben. It looks like you answered at the time I was writing this post.
TDRT will have to withdraw from the ongoing MoE season 09/10...

Some happenings are very difficult to describe but the question for TDRT at the very end was to draw a line now or to continue with another season of: "Rescue me, I´m a FZR driver".
I´m sorry to put another workload on the adminside of MoE and wish all entered teams another great season.
-
(scipy) DELETED by amp88 : Unfair comment from scipy, other posts removed because of referencing.
Why FZR drivers needs to be rescued?
Rescued from what?
-
(rc10racer) DELETED by amp88 : Unfair comment from scipy, other posts removed because of referencing.
-
(Foqs) DELETED by amp88 : Unfair comment from scipy, other posts removed because of referencing.
I've deleted scipy's original post and the 2 posts which commented on it. Please keep the discussion in here civil.
-
(scipy) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
-
(R.Kolz) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
Quote from ivantod :Why FZR drivers needs to be rescued?
Rescued from what?

From XRR pwnage?
Quote from ivantod :Why FZR drivers needs to be rescued?
Rescued from what?

That´s only about former TDRT FZR drivers.
Rescued from a sudden death already in the IGCT 2009 season or some other Endu races.
Quote from amp88 :I've deleted scipy's original post and the 2 posts which commented on it. Please keep the discussion in here civil.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! XD
#223 - Dmt
They couldn't stand the communism. :P
Oh yeah, leave at the round you actually have a chance of a good finish.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Oh yeah, leave at the round you actually have a chance of a good finish.

They left because of this:

Quote from R.Kolz :
D.Ratcliffe joined F1rst
P.Mante joined n!faculty

With FZR drivers taking alternatives, we had to withdraw from the ongoing MoE season.

Two of the three guys who raced in the 1st round of MoE aren't on their team anymore. They don't have enough guys who drive the FZR.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG