The online racing simulator
Quote from Deutschland2007 :Should I replace them with polls or cones?

It looks realy good but you can ad one or too more tyres inside i think
-
(Deutschland2007) DELETED by Deutschland2007
well polls would be better, but I don't really see the difference between your layout and the layout used last year which had a couple of polls at the apexes.

although they do appear further from the curb things

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=66851&d=1222395376

also layouts should you the minimum number of objects possible to achieve the desired effect

tyres in the middle of a fast corner like that, is damper death on a stick
-
Theres also the most obvious and smart idea thats been suggested numorus times before. DONT CUT THE CORNER and there are no issues.
Quote from AstroBoy :Theres also the most obvious and smart idea thats been suggested numorus times before. DONT CUT THE CORNER and there are no issues.

Which has never worked, ever.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Which has never worked, ever.

+1 lap for everyone who does it/or a 10-second-stop&go with one of the admins only watching this particular turn sometimes only negative conditioning works

EDIT: poor guy who have to sit there during a 12-hour/24-hour race and report the car numbers to race administration...
Quote from TFalke55 :+1 lap for everyone who does it/or a 10-second-stop&go with one of the admins only watching this particular turn sometimes only negative conditioning works

EDIT: poor guy who have to sit there during a 12-hour/24-hour race and report the car numbers to race administration...

see your edit why this is not really an option.
Of the suggestions, i kinda prefer Deutschland2007's, but it doesnt give a firm solution to the issue. You still have to have someone checking that section for cutting and keep a record of who it was and how many times etc, as well as decide whats acceptable as a mistake and whats pushing too hard knowing the consequences are soft at best (the situation that currently exists).

IMO Boothy's is more of a solution, however i cant help but think that corner is still quite tight/narrow. The physical room might be the same, but i get the feeling it'll feel rather claustraphobic (or however its spelt!) kinda like South City because there arent curbs you can hop and its effectively a locked in space, rather than open which it would be if the corner was actually designs in that shape. Theres probably equally tight places people still pass into, but i think the side by side in & out might see paint spread more liberally onto other cars than most corners.
Quote from PaulC2K :IMO Boothy's is more of a solution, however i cant help but think that corner is still quite tight/narrow. The physical room might be the same, but i get the feeling it'll feel rather claustraphobic (or however its spelt!) kinda like South City because there arent curbs you can hop and its effectively a locked in space, rather than open which it would be if the corner was actually designs in that shape. Theres probably equally tight places people still pass into, but i think the side by side in & out might see paint spread more liberally onto other cars than most corners.

I agree that it's going to seem VERY claustrophobic at first for everyone who's spent year after year driving it the default LFS way. That said, enough practice would break a lot of that claustrophobia and make it feel as natural as any other layout. At this point I think it's just a matter of picking a layout and sticking to it, with enough time for all drivers to learn it properly. Couldn't be any worse than sticking with the chicane as-is.

Frankly, I think it'd be exciting, create passing opportunities, and result in a lot fewer off-track excursions.
On the balancing front, the NDR race this weekend will be a KY2 GT1/GT2 race w/ GT1 FZRs running 20kg + 2% restriction and 21% FZR, 23% FXR and 24% XRR for GT2. It would be very helpful to us if some fast teams ran in this race and gave us their impressions.

10+ spots left. Signups here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=60335

Thanks!
Thanks for the plug DWB.

But please guys, don't all pick the FZR!
Wouldn't be very helpful for us if they all did!
Quote from DeadWolfBones :On the balancing front, the NDR race this weekend will be a KY2 GT1/GT2 race w/ GT1 FZRs running 20kg + 2% restriction and 21% FZR, 23% FXR and 24% XRR for GT2. It would be very helpful to us if some fast teams ran in this race and gave us their impressions.

10+ spots left. Signups here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=60335

Thanks!

hmm, 2% huh? nice
-
Quote from Deutschland2007 :I thought My3id was a FZR sort of team? Hopefully this motivates some people to take XRR. I would have signed up aswell, but my headset is not working.

You don't need to talk in vent
-
Quote from Deutschland2007 :I thought My3id was a FZR sort of team? Hopefully this motivates some people to take XRR. I would have signed up aswell, but my headset is not working.

What does that mean? i was just pointing out DWB's error

I'm pretty sure he meant 20% not 2%
No, he means GT1 :/
I shee. Well imo thats bull, The XRR is faster in a straight line anyway so to add the 20kg again is still crap. I understand the 2% will reduce fuel usage and tyre wear so i dont mind that too much, evens things out a bit. But don't need the 20kg still...
-
Quote from BenjiMC :I shee. Well imo thats bull, The XRR is faster in a straight line anyway so to add the 20kg again is still crap. I understand the 2% will reduce fuel usage and tyre wear so i dont mind that too much, evens things out a bit. But don't need the 20kg still...

Well, these are NDR's restrictions, not MoE's. I'd just like to see what some MoE drivers think after trying them in race conditions (not before).
-
this teamleague out of the german forum? "Fahrerwechsel in Serie: Der Neue Langstreckenpokal" which, from the concept, is a copy of IGTC with Safety Car Periods and such
-
#122 - CSF
If MoE goes with those then MoE dies... EXCEPT KY2 which johannes designed them for.
-
Quote from Deutschland2007 :You´re the second one to say such things. Boothy already said something like that to me on the SR server. I think he said "If you get into MoE, NDR does aswell". But he also said that he loves me after I told him I like his chicane layout. Maybe you could have guessed out of the bold letters in my previous post that we´re applying for IGTC not for MoE.

He's talking about the restrictions i believe lol
-
#124 - CSF
No I hate you now for saying we do.
-
I don't know if there should be a intake and ballast restriction, but I won't knock it until I try it.

Their GT2 restriction isn't bad though. I practiced XRR GT2 (with their restrictions) and was running alittle bit slower than the MoE laptimes I ran when we won in GT2 last season. Moving the FZR up 1% slowed it down about .3 a lap (but helped the rear tires).

All this is KY2 mind you.
-
-
(CSF) DELETED by CSF

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG