The online racing simulator
#51 - chaa
we'll see
layout for ky3 chicane is bad solution just because if you make mistake you trow tire at someone and ruin his race. And also it doesn't slow the car down enough.
i would be for the layout
Well, we could try to make the chicane slower by simply making it impossible to cut it.

Something like this:
Attached images
moe_ky3_t1.jpg
Real racers drive in variable conditions, LFS racers turn off wind. Now you want to turn one of the most challenging corners on LFS into a right angle.

Grow some balls.
:d :d
Quote from v1rg0 :Real racers drive in variable conditions, LFS racers turn off wind. Now you want to turn one of the most challenging corners on LFS into a right angle.

Grow some balls.

This has nothing to do with anyones balls, but the fact that some drivers are not able to drive through the chicane without cutting or taking advantage and us admins not having the manpower to have someone just specing over that corner for the whole race.

And suggestions are there to be discussed

What makes you think that we won't use wind this season? We discuss a lot of things atm.
I do like PMD's layout, but again I worry about the tires being scattered in front of following cars.
Quote from three_jump :some drivers are not able to drive through the chicane without cutting or taking advantage

If I wrote the rules...

Rule 2. 3. 1. 4. 1.41.3.2. Cut it as much as you like and if you hurt yourself, deal with it. If you think someone else is "taking advantage" cry me a ****ing river.

What do you think? I'm open to improvement suggestions.
Quote from v1rg0 :If I wrote the rules...

Rule 2. 3. 1. 4. 1.41.3.2. Cut it as much as you like and if you hurt yourself, deal with it. If you think someone else is "taking advantage" cry me a ****ing river.

What do you think? I'm open to improvement suggestions.

Shouldn't it be 2.3.1.41.5.9.3 ?

I like PMD's suggestion. There are more tires at AS5 final chicane which dont cause that much of a problem
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I do like PMD's layout, but again I worry about the tires being scattered in front of following cars.

Pretty sure we can handle it, after all, this is "Masters" of Endurance.

Quote from niall09 :I like PMD's suggestion. There are more tires at AS5 final chicane which dont cause that much of a problem

+1

Make the final object on the inside (left) a pole, then everything is situated.
Attached images
SimpleFix.jpg
tyres are a pain in the ass, but we accept them as perminant fixtures on multiple LFS tracks (AS5 as already pointed out, is a perfect example), and people are suggesting Fern Bay as a new venue, and there isnt a combo we'd do which doesnt have an unforgiving tyre wall chicane on there.
They've had a temporary tyre chicane employed in a formula 1 race (Spanish GP) in 1994 after the deaths at San Marino.

Making that specific corner slower could possibly improve overtaking possibilities too, as leaving the inside undefended could allow a late brake down the inside, and instantly being defensive would compromise your potential exit speed.
Having read all of the stuff above, I thought I'd come up with another suggestion. Tyres which basically are in place of poles are a no-no. People want a proper chicane in LFS, and what is a chicane's purpose? To slow cars down. As was seen in the linked threads, Niki wanted an actual left-right to slow the cars down, so here it is!

Ok, it's tight, and it could be reduced by a couple of poles. But actually, it's wider than T1 and T3 of KY3! It would allow cars to actually run side by side into the corner, rather than having to back out of it normally, and produce a braking zone where overtaking can occur.

Cutting the tarmac part of the track could be monitored by an insim app which would record who and when someone went in there, to allow the admins to check for cutting, or a tyre/bale chicane could be put in place.

The chalk doesn't need to be there, it's just a guide. And please excuse my crappy driving...
Attached images
ky3_newchicanemb.jpg
Attached files
KY3_new-chicane-mb-#2.lyt - 276 B - 165 views
KY3_FZR_newchicanemb.spr - 38.2 KB - 157 views
KY3_FZRGT2_newchicanemb.spr - 33.8 KB - 138 views
I tryed messing around with the layout abit, kepted the corner the same but took the tyres away and placed cones there instead, tryed messing around with cones and poles when the AI was lapping around the track tbh the cones did less damage then the poles.
Blackwood: Chicane and S-turn
Southcity: walls
Fernbay: first chicane
Kyoto National: T1 (or 2, however you look at it)
Westhill: Chicane and left after back straight.
Aston: Eau Rouge and final chicane

All have tires (or walls) at the apex and we don't have problems with it, that is the reason I had tires on the inside. I thought a post at the apex would at least make things reasonable. If you can blast through cones, then what do you think people will do during the race?

I'm not arguing with anyone, I just want something a bit different. It adds passing opportunities, as well as actually plays the role as a chicane.
I quite like PMD's layout seems simple enough to understand, if worse comes to worse and there are repeat offenders you could make a point of them and disqulify them for cutting, nothing better then setting a example of cutting, to make other not cut under fear of the same happening to them.
Might be harsh but sometimes you need to firm to be fair.
Disqualification is over the top but if there are rules in place to deal with cutting then they do actually need to be enforced. We often see admins threatening to penalise before a race and actually see no action taken during the race itself, even if people are regularly gaining an advantage by cutting a corner/chicane - such as in the most recent (KY GP) round of the IGTC.
now this is a better idea (boothy's idea), I tried to restrict track with tires and bales, keeping the white lines as they are and it's not really a problem as it's much slower. Track is still very wide (16 meters :| )
TBH I'd like to see it track like 13 meters wide with 2nd apex slowed down too, to make mastering the corner a bit tougher.
I may set up a server or two with some of the proposed layouts and see how you guys like them after driving them a while. Would anyone be interested in this?
yes.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I may set up a server or two with some of the proposed layouts and see how you guys like them after driving them a while. Would anyone be interested in this?

For sure.
#73 - CSF
Boothy's layout is currently on [SR] Race Server 1 if y'all want to come try.
gets a +999999 from me
I suggest everyone go try Boothy's.
-
(scipy) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
-
(PMD9409) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
-
(Fuse5) DELETED by DeadWolfBones
-
(CSF) DELETED by DeadWolfBones

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG