The online racing simulator
Quote from Bokujishin :ABS can be turned off, too... Turning tire wear off isn't exactly the same, it would just be unrealistic, while turning ABS off is, well... something you CAN do.

A filter/option to force racing without ABS could be nice if you want to have the "racing excitment" with road-going cars.

Anyway, as a demo player, everything works for me in Z25, no probs so far.

The issue with what you're asking is that all of the other flags (force cockpit view, cruise, reset) have not affected the actual physics of the car driving, only the way you experience it. It's a simulator, ABS is something realistic to simulate. The developers (so far as I can tell, this is obviously not the word straight from their mouth) seem to be striving for hardcore realism, not hardcore difficulty.
Quote from Bokujishin :ABS can be turned off, too... Turning tire wear off isn't exactly the same, it would just be unrealistic, while turning ABS off is, well...

unrealistic?

Quote from Bokujishin :something you CAN do.

... if you're okay with ripping the ECU out of the car. Again, road car, not race car. Think of it like taking your two-seater daily driver to an autocross meet. It still has ABS.
I think people should do some tests in a race to see really if abs is 'better', you still need good car controll and over 5 or 10 laps non abs may be just as good.

Abs is only on 5 cars and these appear to be the more 'squishy' cars like the rb4 the more race road cars like the rac still do not have it.

Lfs seems to strive for realism, but abs may make the game more accesible to novice racers and more players means more people on the grid and more fun.

I think if they put the rain mod or snow/ice mod (that exists only in my imagination) then abs on would be mandatory unless you are super skilled at driving a video game in the snow.
Quote from AndroidXP :A driver without ABS will, for technical reasons alone, never be able to match the performance of ABS, simply because he cannot control the brakes individually.

i still think its a crock of rancid yak butter to put modern 4 channel abs systems on cars that clearly look 80ish
Quote from jaykay3000 :I think people should do some tests in a race to see really if abs is 'better', you still need good car controll and over 5 or 10 laps non abs may be just as good.

Abs is only on 5 cars and these appear to be the more 'squishy' cars like the rb4 the more race road cars like the rac still do not have it.

As you point out 5-10 laps may not make a difference, but in longer races ABS will help prevent wheels locking up, flat spotting, excessive tire heat from braking, all which will gain you quite a bit of time later on when your tires are still in good shape as opposed to the poor soul locking up his XRTs front left to the point that it's basically as red as a baboons ass.
Quote from Shotglass :i still think its a crock of rancid yak butter to put modern 4 channel abs systems on cars that clearly look 80ish

First, they definitely don't look 80s-ish , and second, the first 4-channel systems were developed in the late 70s and were widely available on production cars by the early- to mid-90s.
Quote from tmehlinger :First, they definitely don't look 80s-ish , and second, the first 4-channel systems were developed in the late 70s and were widely available on production cars by the early- to mid-90s.

the xr looks a lot like a cross between a starion and an rx7-fc both of which came out in the early to mid 80s
and in the 80s most cars had 2 channel abs systems at best
my own 80s designed one has some rather unusual 3 channel systems just to throw some weirdness into the mix
Quote from Shotglass :the xr looks a lot like a cross between a starion and an rx7-fc both of which came out in the early to mid 80s

Okay, you definitely got me there.

Even so... it's not like the BF1 got ABS. They're road cars. It's normal for road cars to have ABS.

Think of the 80s-looking LFS cars as retro 2000-ish cars.
Im trying to get my second monitor in play. But it wont. What am I doing wrong?

I've tried with adding one screen to left and right and then start singel player, but the other monitor never pops up, i just sit there with regular screen and FUBAR FOV

I have one dell 24 inch 1900x1200 and one eizo 22 inch 1680x1050. Is it possible to just game with 2?

Is it possible to have overhead view on my second monitor and first screen as regular primary screen? Would be pretty nice, to have a decent view around you when you drive.
Quote from ussbeethoven :Because modulating the brakes manually can be more challenging and enjoyable than to just let a computer do the job.

The same could be said for auto-gears if you take that viewpoint though couldn't it?
What has happened to the Test-Patch forum?

Will there be no more test-patches until a final release?
An official version? YAY!!! Updating now.
Quote from LiMiTED :What has happened to the Test-Patch forum?
Will there be no more test-patches until a final release?

What happened to reading?
Is there no more reading the thread in this forum?
Looks good
But I don't care how it looks
I'm not playing this game for it's looks
Quote from geeman1 :What happened to reading?
Is there no more reading the thread in this forum?

Instead of being a sarcastic smart-ass just be helpful and say "no, no more patches" !
Quote from J03130 :Instead of being a sarcastic smart-ass just be helpful and say "no, no more patches" !

Umm, what? There will probably be patches actually.

Besided there were many non-sarcastic non-smartass answers to that question already, so I decided to take another approach this time.
Quote from tmehlinger :They're road cars. It's normal for road cars to have ABS.

yes but its not normal for road cars to have modern 4 channel systems with high frequencies in the 80 which if made more realistic would change the effectivity of the abs in lfs a lot
Quote from geeman1 :Umm, what? There will probably be patches actually.

Quote from Scawen :I will now close the test patch forum, until the next round of test patches with new physics.
I hope that is not too far away, but please don't ask me for an estimate.

>==<w>_---Q
Quote from Shotglass :yes but its not normal for road cars to have modern 4 channel systems with high frequencies in the 80 which if made more realistic would change the effectivity of the abs in lfs a lot

I don't see how on Earth someone could say that the RB4, the FXO and the FZ5 are '80s cars. And the XR could just have an old-fashioned look.

Please, stop complaining about ABS. If you think you don't need it (because of your supernatural skills), just TURN IT OFF.
If you think that's just an advantage for the others that use ABS, and you notice that they can do a lap faster than you, than TURN IT ON AGAIN! (WOW, Genesis quote!)

But please, ppppllleeeeaaase stop moaning!!!
Quote from geeman1 :Well, don't race without ABS then?

I'm not complaining, I don't care if I use ABS or not. But as has already been demonstrated, there are a lot of purists out there.
Quote from freddyalek90 :Please, stop complaining about ABS. If you think you don't need it (because of your supernatural skills), just TURN IT OFF.
If you think that's just an advantage for the others that use ABS, and you notice that they can do a lap faster than you, than TURN IT ON AGAIN!

But please, ppppllleeeeaaase stop moaning!!!

bring back xfg abs.

:hide:
What has been demonstrated?
The ABS is an advantage for EVERYONE not for a restricted elite of people.
If you want to enjoy its benefits turn it on otherwise turn it off and let other people do what they like.
This story is going on since forever,i've never really understood why.
If you were fast before ABS you'll be still as fast not,if not faster.
If you were crap then the ABS is not an excuse for your noobiness.
It's funny to see people shouting for more realism and then,as soon as something good is featured,the moaning starts again.
I think i have to put my mind at ease and convince myself that people will never be happy with things they have,will shout for something and be sad again when they have it.
Yeah i know,im expecting a river of "It isn't fair to use ABS" posts now...
Quote from bunder9999 :bring back xfg abs.

:hide:

+1, even tho i feel a little sarcasm/irony in the statement :P
But where's the Pukapukan language pack?
This thread is closed

Live for Speed S2, version Z25
(420 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG