The online racing simulator
Quote from arrowkart4 :lol, i didnt get that wr because of abs. i will upload a quicker time without abs, to prove that his lap wasnt anything special

edit : done

if you can do WRs without abs why did you recently do the rest of them with ABS? I dont get it but it is none of my business...
you are good in lfs and you know better if it helps you or not
Quote from SamH :I have an nVidia card (I'm on XP). I used the desktop profile manager to make one single-span screen across 2 monitors, then launched LFS. Went to Options>Screen, scrolled down to the bottom and chose the large resolution that covered both monitors. Works a treat

Thanks for the tips Sam, helped alot.
Before, I was stretching the window across both monitors, which does work but I was getting very low fps.
With the single span setup fps is much better.
However, when I full screen LFS (shift+F4), the second monitor goes blank.
Is this an unavoidable limitation or can I fix it?
-
(OmniMoAK) DELETED by OmniMoAK
Quote from Kerodal :... if you're okay with ripping the ECU out of the car. Again, road car, not race car. Think of it like taking your two-seater daily driver to an autocross meet. It still has ABS.

Yeah about ripping the ECU out...
ABS systems are easy to disable from use...
If you look behind you´r wheel&tire there is one pipe (for brakes but nothing about that)
Then there is usually another wire that comes somewhere near brakedisk
follow that wire and there should be plug somewhere...
just unplug that wire (and all 3 other wires from other tyres) and Voilá No ABS...
only thing it usually does is that there comes text or some symbol light that says ABS failure or something...
(My statement is only for demostration how easy it can be to remove ABS and i dont recommend anyone to do it and also i shall take no response if some one´s car dont like about that job, any system failure or malfunction or expensive repair or other damage made to car)(ok now no-one cant sue me)
T:Kerodal (studying last year as car mechanic)

the new patch is great especially the faster host list loading
Thankyou Scawen

Or you can just take out the ABS fuse from the fuse box...

Btw what button is assigned to turn on/off ABS??
Quote from Kerodal :... if you're okay with ripping the ECU out of the car. Again, road car, not race car. Think of it like taking your two-seater daily driver to an autocross meet. It still has ABS.

Yeah about ripping the ECU out...
ABS systems are easy to disable from use...
If you look behind you´r wheel&tire there is one pipe (for brakes but nothing about that)
Then there is usually another wire that comes somewhere near brakedisk
follow that wire and there should be plug somewhere...
just unplug that wire (and all 3 other wires from other tyres) and Voilá No ABS...
only thing it usually does is that there comes text or some symbol light that says ABS failure or something...
(My statement is only for demostration how easy it can be to remove ABS and i dont recommend anyone to do it and also i shall take no response if some one´s car dont like about that job, any system failure or malfunction or expensive repair or other damage made to car)(ok now no-one cant sue me)
T:Kerodal (studying last year as car mechanic)

the new patch is great especially the faster host list loading
Thankyou Scawen

ECU? the one that controlls all of the engineparameters? thought a FUSE was all u needed to kill the abs?
Quote from OmniMoAK :Btw what button is assigned to turn on/off ABS??

You can't turn ABS on/off while driving. Only in garage.
Quote from Flame CZE :You can't turn ABS on/off while driving. Only in garage.

Really.... that sucks...
Button for ABS on/off
[Improvement Suggestion +1]

In my Miata I created a button to turn on/off ABS all it is it a break in the line with a switch that goes to the fuse.
Reason is for AutoX I turn it off (dont really know why because no really hard breaking in Autox) and after the event I turn it back on (hey it Snows here in New Jersey) and I hate pulling over just to put the fuse back in. Another good reason to IRL is I also goto Drift events and ABS doesnt help.

Pardon my ignorance for this question then, with ABS ON (assuming that with the ABS light OFF it means ABS is ON) does the ABS blink on and off when it is active?

If it does blink, does the blinking correlate to when the brakes are being applied?
If not, can it

Ignorant Question #2 If 1,2,3 or 4 wheels are up in the air and you have reached lock does ABS start to kick in? and to which wheel?
Quote from mantis9 :Thanks for the tips Sam, helped alot.
Before, I was stretching the window across both monitors, which does work but I was getting very low fps.
With the single span setup fps is much better.
However, when I full screen LFS (shift+F4), the second monitor goes blank.
Is this an unavoidable limitation or can I fix it?

Make sure you go in screen options and select the screen resolution that matches your full width mode - go full screen that way the first time.

Otherwise I think SHIFT+F4 will just go back to the previous full screen mode you had selected.

Also note that the second screen is supposed to be blank in the menus and external views. It is only drawn when you are in a driving view.
Hello everyone. In the first place i wanna congrats for great job. Patch really great! But i have some trouble, and i don't know what's wrong. I unlocked my s2, played a little in LR Race Center server, then turned off pc. After few hours i turned on pc, later LFS, and i saw interesting thing: "Unlock Live For Speed". Maybe somebody have same problems? Please help me

Sry, i found a problem
Quote from Kalev EST :But where's the Pukapukan language pack?

Is the Slovenian pack not enough for you? It has certainly enhanced my LFS experience.
Quote from Scawen :Make sure you go in screen options and select the screen resolution that matches your full width mode - go full screen that way the first time.

Otherwise I think SHIFT+F4 will just go back to the previous full screen mode you had selected.

Also note that the second screen is supposed to be blank in the menus and external views. It is only drawn when you are in a driving view.

So, I'm running Windows 7, and have looked at trying to get this working, with no luck at all. After digging around further, it appears that in the WDDM (Windows Display Driver Model) since Windows Vista, horizontal spanning has not been supported, or has been ommited for ... well, nobody knows why.

As a result, ATi and nVidia haven't been able to support spanning modes in their latest control panel software. Therefore, if you're using signed video display drivers, you won't be able to use horizontal spanning, and won't be able to make use of your two or more monitors properly. I'm somewhat miffed, myself.

If you're running Windows XP still, you'll have no such problems, and can span to your heart's content.

p.s. for those that are not aware, spanning allows you to have one large resolution across two or more monitors, not to be confused with merely extending your desktop.
Quote from Scawen :Make sure you go in screen options and select the screen resolution that matches your full width mode - go full screen that way the first time.

Perfect! Dual screens in full screen mode with good fps!
1 happy bunny :bunny: many thanks
Quote from dawguk :After digging around further, it appears that in the WDDM (Windows Display Driver Model) since Windows Vista, horizontal spanning has not been supported, or has been ommited for ... well, nobody knows why.

As a result, ATi and nVidia haven't been able to support spanning modes in their latest control panel software. Therefore, if you're using signed video display drivers, you won't be able to use horizontal spanning, and won't be able to make use of your two or more monitors properly. I'm somewhat miffed, myself.

If you're running Windows XP still, you'll have no such problems, and can span to your heart's content.

p.s. for those that are not aware, spanning allows you to have one large resolution across two or more monitors, not to be confused with merely extending your desktop.

Is there any case for getting your money back?

Fo example, on the Vista box, was it made clear to buyers that an important feature had been disabled and you might be better off sticking with XP?

Should it have been made clear...? Just wondering.
Quote from OmniMoAK :Really.... that sucks...
Button for ABS on/off
[Improvement Suggestion +1]

A big -1 from me. You don't find these buttons in real cars, do you?

Quote from OmniMoAK :Pardon my ignorance for this question then, with ABS ON (assuming that with the ABS light OFF it means ABS is ON) does the ABS blink on and off when it is active?

If it does blink, does the blinking correlate to when the brakes are being applied?
If not, can it

Yes, if it is enabled a light will blink in the dash whenever it engages, and yes, it blinks at the moments the brakes are being applied. It will also show in the F9 menu; the "wheels" will light up orange whenever the ABS is applied on them.

Quote from OmniMoAK :
Ignorant Question #2 If 1,2,3 or 4 wheels are up in the air and you have reached lock does ABS start to kick in? and to which wheel?

Good question

Maybe instead of asking these questions you should simply download the patch and try it out for yourself?
Quote from Scawen :Is there any case for getting your money back?

Fo example, on the Vista box, was it made clear to buyers that an important feature had been disabled and you might be better off sticking with XP?

Should it have been made clear...? Just wondering.

The same thing is in Win 7, be warned . I have no idea why the hell they've done this .
Is it just me, or has the UF1's steering rotation been decreased? It seems like I have to turn my g25 more for it to take a corner. And it doesnt take very tight corners well..
Quote from OmniMoAK :

That's actually quite similar to the problem of using ABS on very slippery roads, like ice or snow: as the system trys to prevent the wheel from locking up, it would apply only negligable braking force.

That's why ABS is a very dangerous thing in winter.
Quote from obsolum :A big -1 from me. You don't find these buttons in real cars, do you?

Maybe instead of asking these questions you should simply download the patch and try it out for yourself?

You will in MY car and its real.

I just bought a new house so my duties are to unpacking I made my cockpit but now have to setup my desktop for work and unfun stuff...

Ok how about this for the ABS button instead of having the ability to turn on/off while racing make it possible to turn it on/off only on the starting line/Garage and Pitlane?
Quote from Byku :The same thing is in Win 7, be warned . I have no idea why the hell they've done this .

Span mode would span the taskbar over two screens.
If you do happen to have two or more screens with different resolutions then spanning the screens will just forces them all to have the same height, therefore it's impossible to get good experience out of two different screens.

In my own experience the extendable mode has been more helpful, taskbar isn't spanned over two screen which saves some space on second screen.
Quote from th84 :Is the Slovenian pack not enough for you? It has certainly enhanced my LFS experience.

Next they will want a swearing language pack

"Holy, Shit thats a drive through, you prat"
"Wrong way > you dickhead"
"Kin Blue Flag, you blind or what"

Thinking about it, that would be funny
Quote from kruuvi :Span mode would span the taskbar over two screens.
If you do happen to have two or more screens with different resolutions then spanning the screens will just forces them all to have the same height, therefore it's impossible to get good experience out of two different screens.

In my own experience the extendable mode has been more helpful, taskbar isn't spanned over two screen which saves some space on second screen.

But YOU CANNOT use it in games, the games DO NOT detect proper resolution, so they cannot USE many monitors! That's what we're talking about...
Quote from birder :Next they will want a swearing language pack

"Holy, Shit thats a drive through, you prat"
"Wrong way > you dickhead"
"Kin Blue Flag, you blind or what"

Thinking about it, that would be funny

Free cookie to whoever makes that mod!
Quote from obsolum :A big -1 from me. You don't find these buttons in real cars, do you?

not a button, per-se, but there is a method to deactivate abs, usually involves turning the car off and doing some pedal/switch combinations...

or was that daytime running lights... i forget.
My 2 cents on the abs:

Those that say its merely realistic for roadcars to have ABS, it might be. But is it realistic to be able to adjust brakebias, suspension, difflock, ridehight and all the other possibilities in a roadcar? My Vectra sure as hell can't. Maybe it's just a production error on that particular car.

And when people ask for a server-option to disable ABS, why not let them have it? Maybe it's not the most realistic option, but why start with getting the smallest detail 100% realistic, when there is so many other options that could just be removed in order to make the simulation more realistic. I would love for å server-option to use locked setups, only adjustable setting would be tyrepressure.
Quote from flonoen :My 2 cents on the abs:

Those that say its merely realistic for roadcars to have ABS, it might be. But is it realistic to be able to adjust brakebias, suspension, difflock, ridehight and all the other possibilities in a roadcar? My Vectra sure as hell can't. Maybe it's just a production error on that particular car.

And when people ask for a server-option to disable ABS, why not let them have it? Maybe it's not the most realistic option, but why start with getting the smallest detail 100% realistic, when there is so many other options that could just be removed in order to make the simulation more realistic. I would love for å server-option to use locked setups, only adjustable setting would be tyrepressure.

This (locked setups) is most probably going to happen, they should be feature in one of future patches. IIRC, Scawen already said that before and he is aware, that road car setups have unrealistic options, so just wait, what he comes up with next time.
Quote from Byku :But YOU CANNOT use it in games, the games DO NOT detect proper resolution, so they cannot USE many monitors! That's what we're talking about...

So you'd rather stare at two screens with the same resolution, only difference been that one is on native and other is not?

Don't take it personally, i'm just trying to get the overview here.
This thread is closed

Live for Speed S2, version Z25
(420 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG