The online racing simulator
Quote from KlausAdam :SO sprint track 1 rev / XRT

The first two drivers did use ABS.

SO Sprint 1 is SO2 not SO1.
I see the test pach forum is removed. Does this mean no more test patches and the 0.6 patch is next?
Jesus....

Learn. To. Read.

Quote :I will now close the test patch forum, until the next round of test patches with new physics.
I hope that is not too far away, but please don't ask me for an estimate.

Quote from Mrwei :S3 is coming ya ya ya

No one said it...
Quote from kimd41 :I see the test pach forum is removed. Does this mean no more test patches and the 0.6 patch is next?

Looks like so,next patch should be the long awaited one
Quote from AndroidXP :Not necessarily. Someone not as skilled will still have the advantage of being able to brake later and much further into the corner than the non-ABS driver. The more skilled driver will probably stay ahead, but that's not because of his oh-so-skillful braking technique.

Also that's generally missing the point a bit; a skilled driver will be faster with ABS than without.

ABS allows for a much more precise brake control than someone with a non-ABS car could ever hope to achieve. At the very least someone with ABS can do the same modulating as a non-ABS user, the only difference being that a screwup will not lock the tyres - nobody says you have to intentionally engage the ABS every time just because it's there. Locking a tyre has NO benefit whatsoever, with the exception of a few special cases (rally driving techniques, respectively braking in snow or gravel in certain conditions).

A driver without ABS will, for technical reasons alone, never be able to match the performance of ABS, simply because he cannot control the brakes individually. ABS allows you to brake much further into the turn, since it prevents locking the inner, unloaded tyres and makes it generally much easier to consistently use the full potential of the tyres at any point in the turn.

Well spoken
Well the compromise would be just disallowing ABS in hotlapping But I don't care much. When the laptimes are faster with ABS, why not to use it then?
Since there arent any testpatch threads anymore, I'd like to report a bug I've had since button 3 became the lightswitch/

on FXO+FXR, you can turn on your turning signals, but the rear ones don't work. All the lights work, except for the ones on the rear.

Loving Z25 though! Nice updates
Quote from dutchshogun :Since there arent any testpatch threads anymore, I'd like to report a bug I've had since button 3 became the lightswitch/

on FXO+FXR, you can turn on your turning signals, but the rear ones don't work. All the lights work, except for the ones on the rear.

They work in my LFS
Quote from dutchshogun :Since there arent any testpatch threads anymore, I'd like to report a bug I've had since button 3 became the lightswitch/

Check your FX textures.
Quote from Shadowww :At what exact time ABS kicked in? (orange tyres in F9)

Exactly where Android said they would - during the entry phase, while trail braking. It's always optimal to brake "under" the ABS in a straight line, but once you start turning you can apply a ton more brake pressure than you could normally because the inside tires won't light up. Frankly, those racing online without ABS will get destroyed.
Quote from MadCat360 :Frankly, those racing online without ABS will get destroyed.

Well, don't race without ABS then?

I think, because you have some some texture that doesn't have blinker texture. I used to have one.
I noticed one issue in this patch. I minimized my LFS and I was a little bit AFK. And after several minutes it got stopped working. So window about that appeared.
Yeehaa... thanks for the patch!

Excellent work, as always.
Thx to the devs for the new patch

In the old patch test forum someone posted some info about using multi-screen sets in a single screen computer.

I´ve never been comfortable changing the FOV in the game. That looooong arms effect did annoy me so i was using always a FOV that didn´t let me have a proper vision to the sides.

Well, i have been trying a 3 setup monitor (using only my 19'' monitor) and you can get some nice results using a kind of fish eye. It´s hard to explain in english but i have much better lateral view without losing my dashboard in the horizont

Frames have suffered a bit, but perfectly playable with an ATI 3870.

EDIT:

I read about it in this post, not in the patch test forum:

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=60716&page=31

And thx to the devs for the new server management system. I have to say that i have found NO OTHER GAME in my life that handles online playing as well and as fast as this. I am amazed how such a small team can make things better than most of the big companies.

But i have a complain.... i´ve get so used to having such detailed menus that other games out there now annoy me . Yep, it´s true, using other games i feel that i cannot get the controls exactly as i wont them, i have to use console commands to solve issues, etc....

There are a lot of small changes that make the game experience much better now.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I've said this in the test patch forum, but the multiple screen support is easily the best addition to LFS for years.

LFS is now up there jointly (IMO) with iRacing as having the best multi-monitor support of any game

I would like to try that, but does it matter if you have two different sized monitors? (17" and 22")
As far as I know, you can define a resolution of the center (main) monitor and a size of all side monitors (only one for all side monitors)
Quote from geeman1 :Well, don't race without ABS then?

Right on. I don't understand the problem... ABS is only available on road cars, not race cars. Just accept it as a realistic feature of the simulation.

Question for Scawen: how does ABS in LFS work? Do you only check rotation speed on each wheel, or do you also dynamically adjust the brake bias?
Because modulating the brakes manually can be more challenging and enjoyable than to just let a computer do the job. I don't have a problem with ABS itself (useful help for mouse users), but for me it takes away a part of simulated driving excitement and I don't understand why Scawen hasn't implemented a server option for ABS on/off yet.
Quote from joshdifabio :SO Sprint 1 is SO2 not SO1.

sorry i messed it up earlier in the discussion...I dont know why I wrote SO1R instead of South city sprint 1rev...now it is all cleared
Quote from ussbeethoven :but for me it takes away a part of simulated driving excitement

Going to quote myself: "ABS is only available on road cars, not race cars. Just accept it as a realistic feature of the simulation." It's not taking away from the "simulated driving excitement," it's adding features that real, road-going cars have. If you want excitement without ABS, drive a different car.

Quote from ussbeethoven :and I don't understand why Scawen hasn't implemented a server option for ABS on/off yet.

Because it's an integral part of the simulation. Would you want an option to turn off tire wear or fuel consumption?
Quote from tmehlinger : If you want excitement without ABS, drive a different car.

Because it's an integral part of the simulation. Would you want an option to turn off tire wear or fuel consumption?

ABS can be turned off, too... Turning tire wear off isn't exactly the same, it would just be unrealistic, while turning ABS off is, well... something you CAN do.

A filter/option to force racing without ABS could be nice if you want to have the "racing excitment" with road-going cars.

Anyway, as a demo player, everything works for me in Z25, no probs so far.
lfs tweak any different???
do i have to update Tweak too??
Quote from hrtburnout :What the...

I just drove the LX6, and I noticed a moving oil pressure gauge.

update: I am right! It used to be a clock

[image]

Image: LFS-Database.

IMO this oil pressure gauge is not really needed, especially that it seems to be synchronized with rpm gauge, what's not real. I liked the clock in LX cars, it was more useful. Anyway, I've been downloading every patch released and I have to say that finally Z25 hasn't got many significant changes (at least for me), but it's great! A few little things which make me smile and make me back to home and play LFS. Good luck, LFS crew, in developing simulator, we're waiting for the new features!
This thread is closed

Live for Speed S2, version Z25
(420 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG