The online racing simulator
#26 - Jakg
No word on unlimited, then?
Is there a term on the contract or can we try for a month and if it does not work pull out?
Quote from vicbel :Is there a term on the contract or can we try for a month and if it does not work pull out?

No lengthy contracts at all, you can pay month by month. Yearly billing is also available should you want it.
Quote from AlienServe :As said, we don't have an actual limit in force on the amount of bandwidth and hard disc space used. We have no quibbles how much HDD space or transfer is used / month, as long as its used for a lawful purpose and does not infringe upon any copyrights. e.g. We wouldnt allow pirated software/warez, filedumps, topsites, mail bombers.

Come on, be serious.

How much space do we have to use? It's a simple question, the answer is a number.
#30 - Jakg
If your telling me I can have unlimited (and you mean UNLIMITED) bandwidth AND storage I will buy right now.

But I will be using it as a file dump for multiple TB of files...
#31 - wild
Quote from Jakg :If your telling me I can have unlimited (and you mean UNLIMITED) bandwidth AND storage I will buy right now.

But I will be using it as a file dump for multiple TB of files...

There's no way he'll be offering unlimited Bandwidth and Storage. It'll be unmetered and he just doesn't know the difference.
For current users who wish to upgrade to the newly released Z21 dedicated host, please contact us and we shall install it for you. It wont be applied globally just yet.
hang on a minute ive just been on that (AlienServe) server and i was the only one on there and i lost connection... they cant be that powerful then
Are you sure its not your connection? We've had races on AlienServe servers with 20+ drivers and have not had any issues.

nice new logo you have there.
Quote from Corey-McA :hang on a minute ive just been on that (AlienServe) server and i was the only one on there and i lost connection... they cant be that powerful then

Hi, we have connection monitoring software checking our servers 24/7 for server load, connection drops, latency increases and the second a problem occurs on one of our machines we get notified. As we havent had any issues reported I can only assume that the connection drop was on your end, I can assure you, it has nothing to do with how "powerful" the hardware is, the spec of our machines are overkill for running the LFS dedicated server. For example the "AlienServe" demo server is running on a Dell Poweredge Dual Xeon 3.0GHZ, 4GB ECC Memory, 15,000RPM SCSI drives.
#36 - Jakg
So no mention of how much "unlimited" HDD space actually is then?

15,000 RPM SCSI drivers are very small...
Quote from Jakg :So no mention of how much "unlimited" HDD space actually is then?

15,000 RPM SCSI drivers are very small...

We will have new inclusive game server web hosting plans released shortly, with set out defined limits.

A 73GB drive is not small for a server, its plentiful considering the LFS dedicated server is only a couple of MB in filesize.
#38 - Jakg
Quote from AlienServe :With all our game servers free hosting packages we do not enforce any hd space limits or bandwidth limits, as long as the content is used for a legal purpose.

Quote from AlienServe :A 73GB drive is not small for a server, its plentiful considering the LFS dedicated server is only a couple of MB in filesize.

So I have a maximum of 73 GB to share with all of your users?

Hmmmm, not so "unlimited" anymore.

I have to say I do find that *very* misleading.

What bandwidth are we looking at here?
Quote from Jakg :So I have a maximum of 73 GB to share with all of your users?

Hmmmm, not so "unlimited" anymore.

I have to say I do find that *very* misleading.

What bandwidth are we looking at here?

We are talking about a game server, not a web server, the requirements in specifications vary alot between the two. Our web servers run multiple SCSI drivers with a striped set, obviously you are not limited to "73GB".

Details of new plans will be released shortly, although this does not affect users who currently have a service with us.

Thanks.
-
(jasonmatthews) DELETED by jasonmatthews
AlienServe have you got msn :P
The latest Z22 patch is now installable to all users direct from the control panel. To do so, login to the control panel, click game updates and select Z22 patch and click install.
Is the buy one, get one half price offer still on
hi i me and my server manager was wondering was the buy one get one halfprice ($6.50 for 2) is life time or just one time? thanks in advanced t3charmy
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :hi i me and my server manager was wondering was the buy one get one halfprice ($6.50 for 2) is life time or just one time? thanks in advanced t3charmy

Offer ended 16/10/09, read previous post... and i think its for month price.
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :hi i me and my server manager was wondering was the buy one get one halfprice ($6.50 for 2) is life time or just one time? thanks in advanced t3charmy

For the users who purchased the £6.50 2 server offer, this price will not increase for as long as the servers are rented from us.
Quote from AlienServe :For the users who purchased the £6.50 2 server offer, this price will not increase for as long as the servers are rented from us.

ok cool well we may be buying another 2 servers from u sometime soon we wanted to make a deal with u... if u have a msn or xfire could u pm me one of them?
Quote from Fire_optikz001 :ok cool well we may be buying another 2 servers from u sometime soon we wanted to make a deal with u... if u have a msn or xfire could u pm me one of them?

Hi, PM sent.
#50 - PoVo
For some reason in our server, when whe try to connect it says: Connect timed out. I tried restarting server, setting up setup.cfg, nothing helps, any ideas?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG