The online racing simulator
Quote from PoVo :For some reason in our server, when whe try to connect it says: Connect timed out. I tried restarting server, setting up setup.cfg, nothing helps, any ideas?

Hi, was this issue responded to by ticket already? If not please PM me your control panel username and Ill have a look for you.
#52 - PoVo
Quote from AlienServe :Hi, was this issue responded to by ticket already? If not please PM me your control panel username and Ill have a look for you.

Ye my mate reported it, now we're just waiting for the insim
The latest Z25 patch is now installable to all users direct from the control panel. To do so, login to the control panel, click game updates and select Z25 patch and click install.
how to become sponsored? i would like to be come sponsored if possible :|
#55 - PoVo
CoRe Racing has been using a server from Alien Serve (thanks Simon!) for a month now, and the service and server have been great!

I'll second that. We've been using the Alienserve servers for the GT Series. No problems what so ever. If your stuck with anything they are more than happy to help.

They also provided us with a S3 License to donate to the winner of the league.
The latest Z28 patch is now installable to all users direct from the control panel. To do so, login to the control panel, click game updates and select LFS Z28 Patch and click install.
Quote from banshee56 :CoRe Racing has been using a server from Alien Serve (thanks Simon!) for a month now, and the service and server have been great!

Have these servers been used in the LOTA series?
#61 - PoVo
Top Notch Servers LifeStyle-Cruise running with an average of 25 players, barely any lag. Great support, needed a MySQL database, got one made next day!

All I can say is, for that price, the service is awesome. You wont find any other place better

Live on AlienServe
yea, awesome service so far
Due to popular demand, we will be shortly re-releasing our 2 LFS server deal, offering the two 47 slot LFS servers for £6.75 / month.
Hi, I'm having some problems with the information you need when ordering.

What do you mean by a branded server?

Also is this correct:

Username: Username for control panel
Password: Password for control panel
Host Name: Server name (Obvs) Can we have colours?
RCON Password: Admin pass? Can this be changed after?
Private Password: Optional pass? Can this be changed after?
Quote from Alex_Ward :Hi, I'm having some problems with the information you need when ordering.

What do you mean by a branded server?

Also is this correct:

Username: Username for control panel
Password: Password for control panel
Host Name: Server name (Obvs) Can we have colours?
RCON Password: Admin pass? Can this be changed after?
Private Password: Optional pass? Can this be changed after?

Hi Alex,

Please dont worry about the branding, as this is something we use for server names in other FPS games we host e.g.

Branded - a server hostname could be -> "D4G Army| Powered by AlienServe.com"
Unbranded -> "D4G Army"
  • The username and password are for the control panel yes.
  • The hostname is what people will see in the LFS Server browser list and to connect directly to your game, this can be changed at any time from the control panel.
  • Rcon password is the administration pass for the server yes.
  • Private password can be changed at any time and can be left blank.
Thanks.
Thanks, our team should be buying a server from you soon
I have a question, my friend

I have purchased a server for 1 year from your site but i have proplem To choose any patch I want to start it !!

For example, how i can start my server on patch x10

Thank you
I keep getting an error in the control panel saying 'There is no row at position 0'. Also sometimes it sends me to a blank menu or even back to the User Home if I click on some things, and have to go back and click again for it to work.
I would guess its called RCON since most games are source games? That you host, since RCON is the administration method for source engine games. Remote CONsole
Quote from Alex_Ward :I keep getting an error in the control panel saying 'There is no row at position 0'. Also sometimes it sends me to a blank menu or even back to the User Home if I click on some things, and have to go back and click again for it to work.

Hi Alex,

If you are still having issues with the panel please raise a support ticket at http://www.alienserve.com/index.php/submit-ticket and if you are able to please include a screenshot of the problem.
Quote from ViKTOOR-LFS :I have a question, my friend

I have purchased a server for 1 year from your site but i have proplem To choose any patch I want to start it !!

Thank you

Hi,

We only support patch z22 - z28 on the control panel, but if you want an older patch installed please raise a ticket and we shall do it for you.
#73 - PoVo
Quote from ViKTOOR-LFS :I have a question, my friend

Thank you

Just replace the LFS.exe and all files from a X10 dedicated host using FTP. Saves time for you and AlienServe
We are currently running a special offer on our LFS Servers, 2x 47 slot servers for £6.75 / month, a 50% discount has been applied on the second server. The offer will only run until 14/12/2009, for more information regarding this offer please see the following link:

http://www.alienserve.com/index.php/blog/archives/54
  • We currently have in stock the following Dell dedicated machines for any teams wishing to run their own server.
- Alien Serve Dedicated Servers -
Alien Serve dedicated servers are ALL manufactured by Dell, we will NOT use custom built
dedicated servers as used by others GSP's. We have very good reasons for this, yes it
might cost us more and the profit margins per server are much lower but it does mean that
our servers are reliable and are fully supported and maintained by Dell on maintenance
contracts! We do this to not only maintain our high standards but most importantly to keep
YOU happy with what we offer.

- Managed Servers -
Another first from Alien Serve, all our dedicated servers are FULLY MANAGED at no extra cost!
That means we are responsible for patching, upgrading and securing your dedicated server.
You also have full access to all the game server files of every game in which we support, we
will also include FREE off-site backup should you need it. If you prefer to manage the server
yourself, then that's no problem either.

Features:
  • Windows Server provided at no extra cost
  • All our servers are fully managed at no extra cost
  • Hosted in BlueSqare Data Centre, UK, London, for low latency throughout Europe
  • All game server files provided by us
  • All game server files automatically updated
  • ALL maintenace on your dedicated server is taken care of
  • No Setup Costs
  • No Lengthy Contracts

Dell Poweredge Dual Xeon
  • 2 Xeon Processors ~ 6.0GHZ
  • 3GB ECC Memory
  • 2x 73GB Drives in RAID-1
  • Windows Server 2003 Standard
  • Full Access to our comprehensive games library
£85.00 / month