The online racing simulator
We have now implemented support for TeamSpeak 3, this will be shortly available to users for both new orders and available as an upgrade for existing customers.
Quote from PoVo :Just replace the LFS.exe and all files from a X10 dedicated host using FTP. Saves time for you and AlienServe

Chances are, if things are set up properly, that you cannot upload any executable files via FTP on a shared machine. Too many security risks.
When is specail offer of buy 2 for £6.75 on again

How long does it take to set a sever up once you have paid. ?
How long does it take to answer a sales ticket ?
-
(Mikjen) DELETED by Mikjen
Not very good support really is it, not even a reply ??
#80 - Jakg
No offence but whenver i've emailed a company I never usually get a response within 6 hours, especially out of office hours. I'd never expect that from a forum thread, either...
Quote from Mikjen :
How long does it take to set a sever up once you have paid. ?
How long does it take to answer a sales ticket ?

For me, the server was set up almost instantly (I got the confirmation email that the server was set up as soon as the payment went through).
All my tickets were answered in less than few hours.

I've had a server for a couple of months and the sevice was top-notch.
Quote from Mikjen :Not very good support really is it, not even a reply ??

We dont check this forum all the time, if you want a faster response, please use the support available on our website.

Servers are setup instantly after the payment has been made and cleared. We try and answer support tickets as fast as we possibly can, I cant say a definate time for a response although, during normal business hours we respond well within the hour.
AlienServe are now proud to support the new TeamSpeak 3, there are a host of new features available including new codecs for improved voice quality, friends list with offline messaging, file transfers, avatars and much more.

Existing AlienServe customers are able to upgrade to a TeamSpeak 3 server at no extra cost. We will also be providing stand alone TeamSpeak 3 servers available for purchase in our voice servers section of our website.

For any more information regarding TS3, please contact us.
We have now finished the installation of our 6 brand new Dell Poweredge Quad Core servers into our racks, which will be powering your new LFS server orders immediately.

We are again offering our popular 2x servers for £6.75 offer, you will be able to get an additional 5% discount using the code above reducing the cost of 2x LFS servers with us to just £6.41.

If you wish to get more details on the offer, please visit http://www.alienserve.com/index.php/blog/archives/66 , offer runs until 17/01/2010

All LFS servers now come with TeamSpeak 3 as standard instead of TS2.
We now support the latest version of LFS Lapper, 5.923, which is available as an automated install from your game control panel.
-
(Fragster-uK) DELETED by Fragster-uK
Alien Serve Limited become a TeamSpeak 3 ATHP

We are pleased to accounce that we are now an Authorised TeamSpeak Hosting Provider for the hugely anticipated TS3. As has become expected of us, our prices are probably the lowest in the industry, whats more, we dont make you pay for more than 1 month to get the server at a cheaper rate. Our TeamSpeak 3 servers are simply £0.15p / slot with no hidden surprises!

We will also be offering 50% off all voice servers, plus some exciting clan packages coming soon.

When i try to order voicechat page, i cant order anything, get a error page
Quote from Mikjen :When i try to order voicechat page, i cant order anything, get a error page

Sorry about that, order page is now working for TS3.
Thanks m8,

What price is a 12month Voice server,
Quote from Mikjen :Thanks m8,

What price is a 12month Voice server,

Hi, sorry but dont offer 12 slots at present, 10 slots however is £1.50 and 20 slots is £3.00
Quote from AlienServe :Hi, sorry but dont offer 12 slots at present, 10 slots however is £1.50 and 20 slots is £3.00

You missread that one, he wants 12 voice servers, not 12 pounds.
Quote from Mikjen :Thanks m8,

What price is a 12 month Voice server,

Quote from AlienServe :Hi, sorry but dont offer 12 slots at present, 10 slots however is £1.50 and 20 slots is £3.00

:P *Cough* Slots != Months
#95 - PoVo
Pretty crappy that I can't update my insim anymore, because EXE uploading was blocked

Moving host soon

Too bad this was done
Quote from PoVo :Pretty crappy that I can't update my insim anymore, because EXE uploading was blocked

Moving host soon

Too bad this was done

FYI...Unless you have a dedicated or virtual private server, most LFS server suppliers block uploading of EXE files because it's a security issue. My suggestion would be to send the EXE file (zip it first) with an explanation of the update to the Alien Serve admins and they can upload it for you after verifying it poses no securtiy issues. Standard procedure, IMHO.
Quote from banshee56 :FYI...Unless you have a dedicated or virtual private server, most LFS server suppliers block uploading of EXE files because it's a security issue. My suggestion would be to send the EXE file (zip it first) with an explanation of the update to the Alien Serve admins and they can upload it for you after verifying it poses no securtiy issues. Standard procedure, IMHO.

his problem is he does not want to email them just because he fixes 1 thing...
#98 - PoVo
Quote from banshee56 :FYI...Unless you have a dedicated or virtual private server, most LFS server suppliers block uploading of EXE files because it's a security issue. My suggestion would be to send the EXE file (zip it first) with an explanation of the update to the Alien Serve admins and they can upload it for you after verifying it poses no securtiy issues. Standard procedure, IMHO.

Sending the source code every ~ 4 days would be a pain Besides, our server is prepaid for 6 months as far as i know.
Then you have clearly chosen the wrong type of hosting. You need a VPS at worst...a dedicated server would be ideal, if you have the money.
Quote from PoVo :Pretty crappy that I can't update my insim anymore, because EXE uploading was blocked

Moving host soon

Too bad this was done

As has been said, allowing .exe's to be freely uploaded is extremely dangerous to both you and other users, if the file was infected or malicious. We do of course allow you to upload the .exe to a support ticket or simply email it to us and we'd be more than happy to upload and install it for you once we give it the ok.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG