The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z19 (online compatible)
(175 posts, closed, started )
Am I right that on LX cars there's an oil pressure gauge? Nice

And nice clocks update on the RAC, I like the tachometer
i have problems with the buttons
when the mouse it over a button i cant click it
i need to go under the button to click it
Quote from geeman1 :Test2 and test3 work good except the stuck busy cursor still stays on. It could be SoftTH related though. Windows 7 x64.

Actually the busy cursor is not stuck. Looks like it just starts the animation from the start very quickly all the time. In the main menu it looks completely still, but when I go to for example track selection screen it turns for fraction of a second and then starts from the beginning of the animation.
Quote from majod :so for me the solution was:
shift+F9 (or something else then full resolution), THEN SHIFT+F12...
after that - shift+f4 was working again

also gui bug disappeard

After the first flickering the shift+f4 combo works again,it's just the first instance that is buggy.
Cant get it working ?
I managed to get the first patch installed but now i have re-insatlled LFS into My harddrive instead of desktop to make it easier. I keep getting the message :ERROR: Can not delete output file D:\LFS\LFS.exe
Can someone help please
Thanks
"Shift lights removed from all road cars other than RaceAbout"

would be nice to have a chance to set ON/OFF shift light in settings (UF1, XFG...), because I had to get used over the years
Test2 & Test3 report
User interface/mouse alignment after alt+tab full screen startup is fixed. Didn't had a chance to test Test1. No flickering problem with windowed startup, then shift+F4 to full screen.
Win XP.
Quote from IlGuercio :Scawen i tried test3 and the flickering things is still there.
If i start lfs in a window and then shift+f4 the screen goes black and everything flickers but,if i quickly hit that combination again it goes back to window mode and i can read a red message on the top left of the screen:
Screen dimension changed:go to full screen.

OK, tell me if I understand you right...

If you exit LFS full screen, then you start LFS it is in full screen, and everything works fine? You can go to window and back to full screen?

But if you exit LFS in a window, then you start LFS it is in a window, and from this point you cannot go full screen?

And in what way can you not go full screen? Just by using SHIFT+F4? What about SHIFT+F9 to F12?
Quote from Flame CZE :Am I right that on LX cars there's an oil pressure gauge? Nice

And nice clocks update on the RAC, I like the tachometer

RAC has oil pressure gauge too
Quote from Scawen :OK, tell me if I understand you right...

If you exit LFS full screen, then you start LFS it is in full screen, and everything works fine? You can go to window and back to full screen?

But if you exit LFS in a window, then you start LFS it is in a window, and from this point you cannot go full screen?

All right
Quote from Scawen :
And in what way can you not go full screen? Just by using SHIFT+F4? What about SHIFT+F9 to F12?

Shift+F9-F12 works well
Quote from Scawen :OK, tell me if I understand you right...

Same problem. I get that error by starting LFS in windowed and pressing SHIFT+F4, SHIFT+F9 to F12 works fine
the test 2 works for me (vista sp2, 64bit)

But I get some other weird thing which I haven't noticed before in single player (which i haven't used in ages tbh). When I play with ai cars, join and leave the pits I get a "not recording" message.
Quote from three_jump :the test 2 works for me (vista sp2, 64bit)

But I get some other weird thing which I haven't noticed before in single player (which i haven't used in ages tbh). When I play with ai cars, join and leave the pits I get a "not recording" message.

Its been like this for ages.
Well it looks like we are nearly there, only SHIFT+F4 has a problem. I'll look into that right now and see what's up.

Quote from BOSCHO :i have problems with the buttons

I guess you are using Z19?

Please can you try with this special test exe, to see if it solves the problem for you?

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1285831#post1285831

Quote from three_jump :the test 2 works for me (vista sp2, 64bit)

That has always been there, only now it's red.
Gui/click misalignment fixed from test 2

Can't reproduce any of the others in z19 or any of the tests.

HD4890, ccc v9.9, vista64 sp2, clean lfs install for all.
I'm having a "Screen dimensions changed : initialise graphics" message when starting the game in windowed mode, but full-screening works perfectly for me, no flickering, only this message on startup.

I'm using the "test 3 exe", and i have no more UI(clicking) problem with it, which i had before.

Win7 32bit, 4850 with 9.9 driver, untouched/unmodified files
Quote from BOSCHO :i have problems with the buttons

It is the same problem that I have, but no with the test3 exe...

The error "Could not inicialice english file" don't appears with a fresh install Z+Z19

I'm using Windows 7, have relation with directx11 maybe?
Quote from IlGuercio :All right

Shift+F9-F12 works well

Quote from iFastLT :Same problem. I get that error by starting LFS in windowed and pressing SHIFT+F4, SHIFT+F9 to F12 works fine

It is very hard to understand how SHIFT+F4 can not work, if SHIFT+F9 to SHIFT+F12 do work. It just doesn't seem to make any sense.

Please can you try something for me :

Get your LFS ready in such a way that it is going to go wrong when you start it (I think that means you exit LFS in a window).

Then copy the line from your cfg.txt that starts "Screen Info".

Now, check that when you start LFS, you get the strange bug when you press SHIFT+F4. If so, can you paste that "Screen Info" line here? That is the line which determines which mode is selected when you press SHIFT+F4... but LFS does check that it is a valid mode before using it.

Also some more useful info would be the lines INFO_F9 INFO_F10 INFO_F11 and INFO_F12
Still have the Black screen flickering when starting from windowed to fullscreen using Shift+F4 with test 3.exe

Btw, The first time you press Shift+F4 when windowed, it will get that flickering black screen, but if you press again it will go to windowed back and after that you press shift+f4 again it will egt to fullscreen like it should.
I had the Shift + F4 problem in default Z19. When i uninstalled nHancer, the problem went away. Not completely sure, if nHancer was the problem, but that's the only thing i did.
Quote from Scawen :It is very hard to understand how SHIFT+F4 can not work, if SHIFT+F9 to SHIFT+F12 do work. It just doesn't seem to make any sense.

Please can you try something for me :

Get your LFS ready in such a way that it is going to go wrong when you start it (I think that means you exit LFS in a window).

Then copy the line from your cfg.txt that starts "Screen Info".

Now, check that when you start LFS, you get the strange bug when you press SHIFT+F4. If so, can you paste that "Screen Info" line here? That is the line which determines which mode is selected when you press SHIFT+F4... but LFS does check that it is a valid mode before using it.

Also some more useful info would be the lines INFO_F9 INFO_F10 INFO_F11 and INFO_F12

Ok Scawen,this are the results.
I set LFS in window mode and close it.

Screen Info 1 0 800 600

Now i open LFS and press Shift+F4.
And this is the result in cfg.txt after flickering and shutting LFS from Task manager

Screen Info 0 0 1280 800

Should i try to see the result in cfg.txt with shift+F9-12?
Just a quick report
Z19 had flickers at areas on which the desktop had transparent widgets (calendar etc).
Z19_3 didn't have this issue

XP/SP3/GTX260+/E8400
#150 - hda
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Still have the Black screen flickering when starting from windowed to fullscreen using Shift+F4 with test 3.exe

try running lfs.exe from z18 (start it in a window and then shift+f4 after it loads) and see if the problem still occurs when you go back to z19
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z19 (online compatible)
(175 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG