The online racing simulator
Test Patch Z19 (online compatible)
(175 posts, closed, started )
innstalation dont work for me :S

got pic
Attached images
hjæælp.jpg
Thanks all for the reports of the Windows 7 / maybe Vista problem, it seems the full screen window is not setup correctly when you first start LFS (if you start full screen). I'll look into that right now and soon upload a test exe for you to try.

Quote from NotAnIllusion :LFS doesn't seem to remember windowed resolutions correctly. It's always fixed to the same size regardless of resolution selected. Applies to all resolutions, shift-f4 does not fix the issue. Persist through restart of LFS, running all test patches from same folder.

OK, I don't think that is a bug. Now, the selected full screen resolution intentionally has no effect on the windowed resolution. The only thing that changes windowed resolution now is you using your mouse to resize the windowed window. That is persistent when you go to full screen and back again, LFS should be in the same place and the same size that you last set it.

Quote from majod :everything i did since Z19:

run LFS, noticed the strange GUI bug, presse shift+S (to window mode), GUI was OK.
closed LFS, run LFS again in window mode...then pressed shift+S to fullscreen mode - bang...black screen, lfs minimizes and everyting is wrong.

windows 7 32bit + ati 4870

it happens alwys, either in menu or during gameplay, only in window mode lfs is running OK

Sounds like the other bug, but the only thing that confuses me is : I have no idea how you use SHIFT+S to go to a window. For most people it is SHIFT+F4... I think.
I have a button click problem:

I only need to start in FULL screen mode and it is not possible to click the buttons. I have to try to find a "clickable" point to select multiplayer but then it opens the driving school instead..

I am back to Z18 for now.

Windows 7 64bit final, Nvidia 9600GT driver version 191.07, 1920x1080x32

EDIT: sorry was typing while you posted... seems to be a known problem right now
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
Test 1
OK, anyone with the full screen startup problem (Windows 7, etc).

Please start full screen with this special test exe (attached) and let us know if it solves the problem.

EDIT : Test 2 is now available - http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1285794#post1285794
Quote from Scawen :OK, I don't think that is a bug. Now, the selected full screen resolution intentionally has no effect on the windowed resolution. The only thing that changes windowed resolution now is you using your mouse to resize the windowed window. That is persistent when you go to full screen and back again, LFS should be in the same place and the same size that you last set it.

I see, then it's working fine. It's a bit distracting to have a different aspect ratio in FS than in windowed mode and having to guess how wide to drag it instead of clicking an obvious ratio. Imo having the windowed and FS resolutions separate, but clickable from the same list would work better.
I have this GUI Bug too, tryed to start Lfs in full screen, when in main menu, click on any corner (top/down left/right) and try to drag it, the game minimizes, then going back to it on fullscreen, the buttons are offset, depending on wich corner and direction you dragged.

if it´s from interest, i´m using Windows XP Sp3 32bit, a 2006 PC, nothing very modern, and i can perfectly reproduce this bug.

Btw, all the other features/updates are working Perfect! the trip meter in the RAC and the oil pressure gauges in the LX Cars are Perfect!,

Tryed to reproduce that Shift-U Bug, never happened, and I´m actually experiencing a Boost on Fps, so beside the little bug on here, everything is Ok Scawen .
yea it worked with this one thx got Z19 now
edit: vista 64bit
LFS_Z17_test_1.exe does not solve the problem for me
win 7 x64
Quote from Scawen :OK, anyone with the full screen startup problem (Windows 7, etc).

Please start full screen with this special test exe (attached) and let us know if it solves the problem.

WARNING : Do not attempt to unlock with this exe. If the fix works I'll release a valid update.

Dunno how to start it in full screen. But it opened in Windowed mode, then I pressed Shift-F4, and the black flashing began. (not responding etc.) W7, 32bit.
Quote from ADOLF1612 :the tacometer is only showing the left indicator, this happens only in the road cars, btw.

The other indicator is in the speedo.
Quote from Scawen :OK, anyone with the full screen startup problem (Windows 7, etc).

WARNING : Do not attempt to unlock with this exe. If the fix works I'll release a valid update.

Just tryed it, Im Not running Win 7 or vista, but it stills happening on here, even with this .exe ...

Quote from JO53PHS :The other indicator is in the speedo.

Ohh yes, sorry for that... :S

It fixed the taskbar showing/clicking on the bottom minimzing LFS issue for me.

The cursor still shows the stuck busy icon a while after LFS has been started though. After a while it goes back to the normal arrow.

Also a small thing I noticed is that if you are on the track, then click ESC to bring up the menu, then put the cursor over the left upper corner (where the FPS meter is), then press ESC and the mouse cursor does not get hidden until you move away from top of the FPS meter.
Scawen,

I can't see any changes with the new "test exe", problems are still existing.

Win7 32bit, Radeon 4850

Edit: I can't click out from the window now in full screen, but i'm still unable to click on a button normally.

Didn't solve the problem.
Vista64 nvidia 8800gt
Shouldn't it be Z19-1 test ?
Quote :Shift lights removed from all road cars other than RaceAbout

is the MRT a road car too?

was on Z19 shortly and had the buttons problem... copied back the Z18 exe but I still have no shift light at the MRT
Quote from zeromussov :Dunno how to start it in full screen. But it opened in Windowed mode, then I pressed Shift-F4, and the black flashing began. (not responding etc.) W7, 32bit.

To start in full screen you just go into full screen in LFS, then exit.

When you next start LFS it will be in full screen mode (it starts in full screen if you last exited in full screen).
Quote from ninja469 :Shouldn't it be Z19-1 test ?

Yes, I named it wrongly.

I have to think more about another attempted fix. The so called LFS_Z17_test_1.exe contained the obvious fix, but apparently does not solve all the problems. So this time I need to think a bit more.
Quote from Scawen :To start in full screen you just go into full screen in LFS, then exit.

When you next start LFS it will be in full screen mode (it starts in full screen if you last exited in full screen).

Yep, ok. But when I try to go in full screen Windows crashes. (black/flickering - windows/taskbar etc.)

Only way to stop the flickering is ending the LFS proces. Next time it will start in windowed mode again.
Quote from Jet_ CZE :LFS_Z17_test_1.exe does not solve the problem for me
win 7 x64

On Windows XP doesnt solve problem with top-left click whats minimize LFS, and alt+tab.

EDIT: dont know is it related, but Z19 (Z17 test) starts somehow different than Z18 and previous.
Z18 starts from full black screen, than menu is showing.
Z19 (Z17 test) starts from fullscreen half transparent, and then menu is showing
Well the Z17_test files behaves way better, but it is still not as good clickable as the other versions.

You have to click a button twice sometimes and and you have to move the mouse on the button to find a point where the click works.

But it did not bring me to the driving school while clicking on multiplayer.
Great
Not encountered any problems so far.
Z 17 test think solved my problem, thanks!
I didn't find anything wrong and I'm using the original Z19 exe.
I'll try again and edit the post with feedback in case I find something.

Forgot to say this, but I noticed that LFS started more sluggishly, waited 5 seconds or so looking at the tiny status bar and then it booted.

After-test-edit: I didn't get "detoured" by the buttons, but I got this when I exited the host list.
Oh btw, can that "window during join" option "bug" be fixed? I usually have it set to "no" but it always goes to "yes" everytime I install a patch.

Windows XP Professional SP2.
Attached images
Z19bug1.png
This thread is closed

Test Patch Z19 (online compatible)
(175 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG