The online racing simulator
Idiotic Drivers
(100 posts, started )
Quote from Jakg :You followed too close, your fault.

99% of drivers are retarded. deal with it.

Says the one that has wrecked / crashed twice

Sorry Jakg, that was a cheap shot, and your faster on the track than me anyway
#27 - Jakg
Probably more than twice actually :P

Accident wise:
Bike - Came off under braking as the front tyre was flat and so locked up - my fault.
Bike - Came off after having to drive into a muddy (~6 inches deep mud) lay-by to avoid having a head-on collision after a lorry decided to drive in the middle of a single track road and then not stop - not my fault, but falling off was my fault.
Car - Bush incident - IMO not my fault. I turned a headon collision into beaching the car which isn't that bad.
Car - Having my friend run into the side of my car - not really my fault as I was parked at the time!
Car - Not realising the depth of a kerb in the snow and beaching it - my fault.
Car - Running into the back of another car at 2MPH - I was behind him so obviously my fault.

Also, you fail at LFS :P
Holy shit, your as bad as my mother, she also has like 5-6 minor accidents (alltho I have no right to speak, as I don't even have a lisence lol)

Joke aside, (or?), let's have a showdown on the track to answer that question
#29 - Jakg
I said I wouldn't play LFS until the Scirocco is released and I stand by it.
Let me get this straight....

Two idiot bikers who don't know how to ride (stalled bike, holding up traffic...) piss off an idiot cager (car driver, they call them cagers over here) who doesn't know how to drive. Now pissed off Idiot cager who doesn't know how to drive makes an idiotic move to show he's pissed off, an idiot, and doesn't know how to drive. This pisses off the idiot bikers who don't know how to ride, so then pissed off idiot bikers who don't know how to ride chase pissed off idiot cager who doesn't know how to drive down to show they are pissed, idiots, and don't know how to ride. Then pissed off idiot cager who doesn't know how to drive does something else idiotic to piss off the pissed off idiot bikers who don't know how to ride to show further that he's pissed off, an idiot, and doesn't know how to drive and the pissed off idiot bikers who don't know how to ride crash into pissed off idiot cager who doesn't know how to drive because the pissed off idiot bikers don't know how to ride.

Whew , I think I have it all figured out now. What a great story.
#31 - Migz
Yes but it was half his fault for putting us right behind him, when he overtook us he pulled in right infront of me, then within 4 or so seconds he'd slammed his brakes/brake checked us and we slammed into him.
It was hardly enough time for us to slow down, or even speed up infact. It jsut happened rather fast, im not saying its not our faults at all, but im just saying it was his fault too, and Matt shouldnt be left having to pay for the damages to the car and bike.

Also this guy did NOT brake check, brake check is just tapping your brakes yes? Had he just tapped them, or even just held it down for a bit we would've been fine, we were still far back enough for us to be fine. But he slammed them on to stop, which caused us to lock up and crash.

I just think it's a bit of everyones fault and Matt really shouldnt be left having to pay for it all.

Edit: mrodgers you fail. Over here our speed limits are VERY LOW, the area we were driving had a speed limit of 30, my friend was doing 25. Hardly holding up traffic? So you think that people should drive AT the speed limit? They should never drive a few miles an hour slower?
And i dont know how to ride just because i stall? Not at all.... any biker could stall at times, doesnt matter if he knows how to ride or not, it can still happen.

seems like brithish people can´t drive huh
Everybody loves the underdog and so there is a "car drivers are XXXXXXXX" mentality when it comes to cars versus bikes, but likewise sometimes bike riders need to learn a lesson or two themselves. I think you've had a painful lesson, that aggression has no place on the roads. If either party had not been aggressive in the above story then this incident would not have happened.

"He braked suddenly I could not avoid him" is automatic fault of the person behind. Whilst the drivers intention may have been to suprise you, what if he had to do a real emergency stop?

I remember once a motorbike trying to overtake me with a bus coming the other way whilst I was being tailgated. I saw the accident a long time before the motorbike rider did, who elected to cut in close infront of me expecting me to do a hard decellerate, I did slow as much as I could safely do so, but it was insufficient for the bike rider who turned into the front wing of my car and flew off his bike, as i'd forseen but was unable to safely remedy without causing harm to myself (which I consciously decided as it was him or me, it'd be him).

The first thing the bike rider said to me when I went over to check he was ok? "SMIDSY I suppose".

"Oh I saw you" I said, "I also saw you riding like a twat.".

It's often said that car drivers need to look out more for bike riders and this is indeed correct, too many car drivers do not think bike. When I was driving I tried too think bike as much as possible, but before you look out for other people on the road you have to first look out for yourself - and being the softer target that every bit applies to bike riders as it does to car drivers.

It reminds me of an old military proverb: Keep yourself alive; keep your friends alive; then go kill somebody.
Quote from Migz :Edit: mrodgers you fail. Over here our speed limits are VERY LOW, the area we were driving had a speed limit of 30, my friend was doing 25. Hardly holding up traffic? So you think that people should drive AT the speed limit? They should never drive a few miles an hour slower?
And i dont know how to ride just because i stall? Not at all.... any biker could stall at times, doesnt matter if he knows how to ride or not, it can still happen.

Most people here (New Jersey) drive/ride the speed limit or +5 mph in residential areas (speed limits of 25, 30, and 35 mph). On the highways (55 and 65 mph limits), most people go about 10 mph over, though 15 and even 20 over is not uncommon. If someone drives 5 mph under the speed limit, they stand to get hit. Even just going the speedlimit is often cause enough to get tailgated by the more aggressive drivers.
#35 - Migz
Quote from Forbin :Most people here (New Jersey) drive/ride the speed limit or +5 mph in residential areas (speed limits of 25, 30, and 35 mph). On the highways (55 and 65 mph limits), most people go about 10 mph over, though 15 and even 20 over is not uncommon. If someone drives 5 mph under the speed limit, they stand to get hit. Even just going the speedlimit is often cause enough to get tailgated by the more aggressive drivers.

Well over here we're just not going to go over the speed limit at all. They're extremely strict here, if a copper pulls over a Learner on a 50cc doing anything over the speed limit, thats your license gone. So over here we tend to stick to the speed limit as much as possible (Unless theres a nice empty road infront of you)
I've been riding bikes for about 35 years and I've never had an accident on one. Plenty of close calls tho. My father told me something when I switched from moto-x to street riding that has been in my head for all these years. He said, "watch the other drivers and imagine the dumbest thing they could do and be ready for it because that's probably what the idiots will do".

Most cage drivers don't notice other cars, much less bike riders. Why do you think that over here the most popular bike is the loud, heavy, Harley. Now the new thing is running with high beam lights on and a module that make them flash like crazy Still people hit bikers!

As for your friend having to pay everything, a sad rule is that if you hit the rear of another vehicle, you're almost always assumed to be at fault.

Moral of the story; Next time a granny in front of you locks up to not squish a kitty kat, be ready
Quote from Becky Rose : "Oh I saw you" I said, "I also saw you riding like a twat.".

:hyper:

then what then what?!

:hyper:
Cars and bikes don't mix.
Ive had so many near misses on my bike(push bike) i basically have a new story every time i come back from training.
I commend you on diverting traffic and warning other. Not many would of done that.
How ever the chasing them down not cool.
Quote from robubba :My father told me something when I switched from moto-x to street riding that has been in my head for all these years. He said, "watch the other drivers and imagine the dumbest thing they could do and be ready for it because that's probably what the idiots will do".

I reckon that there is the most valuable piece of information any driver can get. My grandpa said it to my mum when she learned to drive, and she's always said it to us as we were growing up.

It makes sense. I haven't been driving long, but even I can tell when someone is preparing to do something monumentally stupid. I'm convinced it saved my life a couple of weeks ago too.
Quote from AstroBoy :Cars and bikes don't mix.
Ive had so many near misses on my bike(push bike) i basically have a new story every time i come back from training.
I commend you on diverting traffic and warning other. Not many would of done that.
How ever the chasing them down not cool.

Thats becasue pushbikes have no place on roads.
never challenge a car driver with a bike,

i know 2 fellas ( one with a busa, one with a moped ) who both died thanks to road rage ( both hit the back of the car at low speeds, less then 30 with helmets. )

honestly, if he/she makes a mistake - let it go, its water over the ducks back.

i nearly get killed 4-8 times daily driving around dublin thanks to the " either speed or get someone behind you flashing their lights to egg you to go faster " mentality.
Quote from Migz :

Matt is going at around 25-30mph to let me catch up. So i overtake both the car and him, i ride down the road a bit and look back....

And Matt definitly wasnt holding this guy up at all, at least not for us.

If he wasn't holdong him up then how could he be going slower to let you catch up and lets be honest, even 50cc geared bikes take about 4 and a half years to get to 60mph so this car must have been quite close to Matt for you to have overtaken him.

In honesty I think you guys were f**king around and you met someone on the road who was willing to teach you a lesson, not that I agree with what he did, but I bet you and especcially Mat has learnt something from this experience.
cba to read the whole thread but, your mate hit the car from behind so it's automatically his fault.

When this type of thing happens to me when I'm on my bike I just look at them and shake my head, they usually get the message and apologise like mad! It was pointless of you trying to catch him up!
Quote from Migz :Well over here we're just not going to go over the speed limit at all. They're extremely strict here, if a copper pulls over a Learner on a 50cc doing anything over the speed limit, thats your license gone. So over here we tend to stick to the speed limit as much as possible (Unless theres a nice empty road infront of you)

I got a speeding ticket of 42mph as I was just coming into a 30 zone from a national speed limit zone on my 50cc... I didn't slow down quick enough - I got 3 points and a £60 fine and I still have my bike. Don't know what happens if a copper stops you though.
#45 - Migz
Bawbug what the F**k are you on about? We were messing about on the roads.......? What?! :S
I stalled at some lights, Matt pulled away, then realised i had stalled, so he cruised along just below the speed limit at 25, some idiotic driver from england with road rage who was speeding like a nutter decides to go right up behind him, then he gets stuck behind Matt doing 25, and by this point i've started my bike again and i overtake them both, me doing about 35-40 or so.

How is that f**king around? It's just him going at a steady pace to let me catch up so we can ride together?
Hardly f**king around....

Edit: luke, over here its a tad different as there are no speed cameras over here. Over here its either you get pulled over by a cop, or nothing.
Quote from Migz :Bawbug what the F**k are you on about? We were messing about on the roads.......? What?! :S
I stalled at some lights, Matt pulled away, then realised i had stalled, so he cruised along just below the speed limit at 25, some idiotic driver from england with road rage who was speeding like a nutter decides to go right up behind him, then he gets stuck behind Matt doing 25, and by this point i've started my bike again and i overtake them both, me doing about 35-40 or so.

How is that f**king around? It's just him going at a steady pace to let me catch up so we can ride together?

He probably got pissed off with your mate doing 25... I get pissed off when cars do 25 in a 30 zone aswell. So he just overtook. Tbh, you was in the wrong to catch up with him and attempt to confront him - You SHOULD learn from this incident!
Quote from Migz :some idiotic driver from england with road rage who was speeding like a nutter

i overtake them both, me doing about 35-40 or so.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

You and your friend messed up, you caused collisions and your friend has to pay for it. You should both have learned a lesson so hopefully if this happens again (and if you're going to keep riding like this it will) you can act a bit more sensibly.
i take it mini guns aren't an option
Quote from Migz :Bawbug what the F**k are you on about? We were messing about on the roads.......? What?! :S

Edit: luke, over here its a tad different as there are no speed cameras over here. Over here its either you get pulled over by a cop, or nothing.

Well why don't you look at it this way, my mate was driving the other day when some guy pulls out infront of him on his electric zimmer frame, but goes far to slow and under the speed limit, then his other mate comes along on his zimmer frame and overtakes us both, then the origional guy starts to speed up, by this point he's quite annoyed and wondering why these guys are f**king around with him, all he wants to do is get to where he's going.

The story your telling is the story you told your parents and anyone else, when something like this happens and you get caught out then it's hard to stick your hands up and admit you were being a fanny and paid the price.

Your probarly lucky you both wern't able to stop in time because he probarly would have got out his car and done a differnt form of damage.

i bet you'd be quite annoyed driving down the road when an impreza pulls out ahead of you and starts going slow until his mate catches up and overtakes you both.

Ah but yes i'm forgetting this brotherhood that is felt between bikers, they must ride together, there must have been no other way to go about being together on this love ride, Matt could never possibly had indicated left and slowed down allowing the car behind him to overtake so you could both be together.
So why didn't your mate pull over to wait for you? That way the car could have got past and you wouldn't have needed to speed to catch them up.

Besides that, how close were you that you couldn't stop in time from 30mph?

I suspect there's slightly more to this story than we're being told.

Idiotic Drivers
(100 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG