The online racing simulator
Idiotic Drivers
(100 posts, started )
Quote from george_tsiros :because a bike is allowed on the road, by law, without a registration.

is this not fact?

Not in switzerland (if we're talking about bicycles). You need to register those aswell.
Quote from george_tsiros :because a bike is allowed on the road, by law, without a registration.

is this not fact?

You just don't understand what im saying.

Go kill yourself.
Quote from jibber :Not in switzerland (if we're talking about bicycles). You need to register those aswell.

ok so in switzerland you have to register it... in greece i know you don't. in the us? i said earlier, "there is law, however, in almost every country, that dictates where you may and where you may not go with a bicycle."
Quote from Klutch :You CANT ride Quads, Dirtbikes, and Karts on the road due to them not being registered.
Therefor, why should a pushbike be allowed?

No engine, or should pedestrians need a licence to cross the road?
Quote from Becky Rose :No engine, or should pedestrians need a licence to cross the road?

Padestrians usually dont hold up traffic.
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from Becky Rose :
You can't go quickly on pavements however, and most of the cycle lanes are just pavement that's had a bicycle painted on it and you're still dodging pedestrians.

So true

I once saw this really epic fail of a cycle path along a country lane: It emerged out of the woods, and was about 20m long, and then just ended. At the end you were greeted with a "No bicycles" sign :rolleyes:.

This country is too crammed full of crap to make proper cycle paths... In Holland, there are PROPER cycle paths where you can cycle quickly in safety, without having to dodge the elderley.
I've been driving for 5 months [yes, CLEAR THE ROADS!] and have not once ever been overtaken in a safe manner by a motorcyclist.
Quote from J@tko :I've been driving for 5 months [yes, CLEAR THE ROADS!] and have not once ever been overtaken in a safe manner by a motorcyclist.

+1

Only that it's 3 months for me.
Quote from zeugnimod :+1

its been the better part of 9 months, i get correctly over taken on Irish roads ( which tbh are more like somalian but thats just us ) all the time...

just My luck or ?
Quote from J@tko :I've been driving for 5 months [yes, CLEAR THE ROADS!] and have not once ever been overtaken in a safe manner by a motorcyclist.

It's been a mere 1 month or so for me, and I've been overtaken safely by proper motorcyclists, but overtaken stupidly by "Loonies" on de-restricted 50cc mopeds... pisses me off somewhat but I've got a tin can around me, he/she has they're clothing.

I always make sure I give a motorbike room when they're going passed, and I usually get a thank you for it, which is nice.

And you guys make fun of us over here with our cruiser bikes.

Riding for us isn't about being boy racer. Riding is for relaxation, kicked back, legs comfortably stretched out, and the wind kicking in your hair (Ok, for many, but I always did wear a helmet except for once to try it after they revoked the helmet law in my state.)

90% of the time when you see a motorcycle, the aren't going to overtake you. They are merely out for a nice ride or just a nice ride home from work. There is still that 10% of idiot know-it-all kids on their crotch rocket bikes who like to wheelie past you on the center line between traffic doing 100 mph. But they are idiot kids. Natural selection will hopefully catch up to them eventually.

Wait, what am I saying, 90% of this forum is nothing but know-it-all kids.
Quote from mrodgers :Wait, what am I saying, 90% of this forum is nothing but know-it-all kids.

i am offended
Quote from mrodgers :There is still that 10% of idiot know-it-all kids on their crotch rocket bikes who like to wheelie past you on the center line between traffic doing 100 mph. But they are idiot kids. Natural selection will hopefully catch up to them eventually.

Guilty, sort of. None of my bikes really had enough power to wheelie easily, though, and my riding was primarily limited to twisty backroads. I also stopped riding on the street 2 months after I started doing trackdays because the demon in my head that takes over when I'm on 2 wheels was going to get me killed on the street. I've been down 12 times in 6 years of riding, and although that includes all of my minor driveway and parking lot shenanigans too, plus the time I wiped out on another bike's oil, the rest was me just pushing the limit and exceeding it.
Whoah Forbin, that's not good

I rode for 4 years and went down twice. Once the 2nd day I had the bike when I locked the front up on sandy gravel turning onto another road. I was nervous with the idiot behind me in the big 4x4 truck riding on my rear. The more embarassing was the 2nd week when I forgot to put my kickstand down. I pulled into the garage and Wifey's grandfather came out to see the bike. I sat on it talking to him for 10 minutes or so, then proceeded to set the bike down on the kickstand which wasn't down. :doh: Sat there right at that point where you can barely hold it up grunting and yelling trying not to fall until I finally lost it. Wifey's grandfather at that point was in the doorway going in the house, so everyone piled out to see why I was making so much noise just in time to see me tumble into the pile of cardboard boxes.
Quote from mrodgers :Wait, what am I saying, 90% of this forum is nothing but know-it-all kids.

Weeee, I'm a statistic!
Quote from mrodgers :Whoah Forbin, that's not good

I keep a log.

2002 Kawasaki Super Sherpa (August 2003-March 2008)
1. In a parking lot, trying to do a wheelie, gave it too much throttle and dumped the clutch. Scraped right knee. Speed: ~5 mph
2. Showing off to my brother in the driveway, grabbed a handful of front brake and lowsided. Scraped my left hand, right arm, right torso, right knee. Speed: ~10-15 mph
3. Carving a very tight corner and finding the lean angle limit just before getting to school. Scraped my right knee. Speed: 30 mph
4. Turning into a parking lot, didn't see the car coming the other way, grabbed a handful of front brake while leaned over and lowsided but missed the car. No damage to me and no real damage to the bike. Speed: ~15 mph

1990 Kawasaki EX500 (February 2008-October 2008) also known as the Ninja 500 and GPZ500S
5. A car stopped short in front of me during a test ride, grabbed a handful of front brake and lowsided but missed the car. Hole in the water pump. No damage to me. Speed: ~30 mph
6. Too fast and poor form around a corner on my way to work, lost the front. Scraped up my knees for the last time. Speed: ~20 mph

(stopped riding on the street at this point and I always wear full leathers on the track)

7. Slipped on a patch of oil during a race at Pocono East while braking for a corner and lowsided. Hole in the water pump again and sold it that way. Banged up my right knee and shoulder pretty good from the impact with the ground. Knee felt fine after a couple weeks, shoulder was still kinda sore after a month and it's still not quite 100%, throwing a ball hard now results in some minor pain. Speed: ~60 mph

2006 Suzuki SV650s (November 2008- )
8. Lowside going into a tight corner too fast (T11 at CMP) on a soaking wet track. Easiest crash I've ever had. Speed: ~30-40 mph (?)
9. Braking for a corner on a soaking wet track (T8 at CMP), locked the front. Speed: ~60 mph
10. BeaveRun, T7, just after lunch, tired as hell but still pushing really hard on stock suspension, gave it too much throttle over the crest just before the apex. Big highside that bent up the forks. I somehow didn't get tossed and was perfectly fine. Speed: ~70 mph
11. Summit Point Shenandoah, first session of the day, too much lean angle over a big bump in the slowest corner, minor lowside. Speed: ~30 mph
12. VIR South, wet track, first session of the second day at VIR, pushing it hard in the wet, came out of Fish Hook and gave it too much throttle. Highside #2. Very minor damage considering, nothing like my other highside. I think I got lightly tossed but never even got a scratch on my helmet. Speed: ~70 mph
Thats why i'd never own a roadbike. Wouldn't be able to trust myself with one
Quote from mrodgers :90% of the time when you see a motorcycle, the aren't going to overtake you. They are merely out for a nice ride or just a nice ride home from work. There is still that 10% of idiot know-it-all kids on their crotch rocket bikes who like to wheelie past you on the center line between traffic doing 100 mph. But they are idiot kids.

It's exactly the other way round here.

And there are idiots of all ages under those 90%.
Quote from zeugnimod :It's exactly the other way round here.

And there are idiots of all ages under those 90%.

Agree with you. You canot see one damned motorcycle without it passing you, and often dangerously aswell.
I was on the train once watching a bike on the freeway keep up with the train. Weaving in and out of cars, and fitting between 2 cars in the middle when they were side by side, popping wheelies every now and then.

The guy was a legend, made the 30 minute train ride alot more interesting to watch
#96 - Migz
Quote from Klutch :I was on the train once watching a bike on the freeway keep up with the train. Weaving in and out of cars, and fitting between 2 cars in the middle when they were side by side, popping wheelies every now and then.

The guy was a legend, made the 30 minute train ride alot more interesting to watch

Could've possibly been ghost rider on one of his rides
(Not the big flamey queer)
Well unless hes in australia...lol

Theres other people in the world that like to do that kind of stuff too. :P
Quote from mrodgers :And you guys make fun of us over here with our cruiser bikes.

Riding for us isn't about being boy racer. Riding is for relaxation, kicked back, legs comfortably stretched out, and the wind kicking in your hair (Ok, for many, but I always did wear a helmet except for once to try it after they revoked the helmet law in my state.)

90% of the time when you see a motorcycle, the aren't going to overtake you. They are merely out for a nice ride or just a nice ride home from work. There is still that 10% of idiot know-it-all kids on their crotch rocket bikes who like to wheelie past you on the center line between traffic doing 100 mph. But they are idiot kids. Natural selection will hopefully catch up to them eventually.

Wait, what am I saying, 90% of this forum is nothing but know-it-all kids.

Agreed completely!

We have a Harley-Davidson dealership in the town where I live [slightly strange as it's a town of 10K people in the middle of rural england, but hey ho] and every weekend they all meet at the dealership for burgers and beer. But they're all fine on the roads [apart from the drone!] mostly, its the nutters on their 750cc Aprillia thingies that annoy me. And no, I almost never drive on weekends which is why I've never been overtaken by one
Quote from J@tko :Agreed completely!

We have a Harley-Davidson dealership in the town where I live [slightly strange as it's a town of 10K people in the middle of rural england, but hey ho] and every weekend they all meet at the dealership for burgers and beer. But they're all fine on the roads [apart from the drone!] mostly, its the nutters on their 750cc Aprillia thingies that annoy me. And no, I almost never drive on weekends which is why I've never been overtaken by one

Yeah you can usually be pretty sure if you spot a guy with luggage strapped to his bike or prominent chromed parts in your mirrors he'll be fairly amenable. It's the fat blokes in the sponsor-daubed racing leathers with the spine protection that are going to want to come in and meet your family.
At the moment, here there are allot of young folks driving quads and fast sportbikes.
They really go as fast as they can through my street but boy one day, ONE DAY it will all end very very bad.

Idiotic Drivers
(100 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG