The online racing simulator
Idiotic Drivers
(100 posts, started )
#51 - Migz
I have learned my lesson definitly, and today i've been riding alot safer, and alot LOT further back.

Matt didnt indicate and pull over because god knows, he just didnt.

And Dajmin, ive pretty much told all the story, theres nothing left to tell. We werent right up his ass, and we went far far behind, we were at a distance which i/most bikers feel that is a fair distance away from a car. But as i found out this distance wasnt far enough, so now i ride quite far behind the car infront.

And if someone on an electric zimmerframe pulled infront of me, so what.... If im still stuck behind him after a minute or so, then id start getting pissed off.
But if ive been stuck behind him about 5 or 10 seconds then im not gonna get pissed off.

Btw if an impreza overtook me and went flying past id probably be like YEAH BABY!

Although im sure i said before, im not saying i/Matt werent in the wrong, but im just saying that other guy definitly wasnt in the right.
Quote from Klutch :Thats becasue pushbikes have no place on roads.

jeez braincell you really pulled the stops out for that intelligent little gem didnt ya?

quiet down stupid.
Quote from Migz :And Dajmin, ive pretty much told all the story, theres nothing left to tell. We werent right up his ass, and we went far far behind, we were at a distance which i/most bikers feel that is a fair distance away from a car. But as i found out this distance wasnt far enough, so now i ride quite far behind the car infront.

By your own admittance, you were chasing the guy down. Thus, it can be assumed you were not leisurely riding behind him at "a fair distance", but still accelerating or riding faster than he was going.

Quote from amp88 :Pot. Kettle. Black.

Nah, this all is perfectly fine. Afterall, I'm the one who fails....
#54 - Migz
Quote from mrodgers :By your own admittance, you were chasing the guy down. Thus, it can be assumed you were not leisurely riding behind him at "a fair distance", but still accelerating or riding faster than he was going.

Indeed i did admit, i was chasing the guy down. But the speed that this all happened meant that there was hardly anytime of me acctually chasing.
From the point where he had passed me, to him slamming on his brakes, there was possibly 4 seconds.
Just long enough for me and Matt to look at each other like wtf and start to accelerate.

The intention was there, but there just wasnt enough time to do it.
But i do admit, we really shouldnt have done that, we should of just dropped back, followed the bastard, and when he stops somewhere, give him a kick in the face.
Quote from Migz :Indeed i did admit, i was chasing the guy down. But the speed that this all happened meant that there was hardly anytime of me acctually chasing.
From the point where he had passed me, to him slamming on his brakes, there was possibly 4 seconds.
Just long enough for me and Matt to look at each other like wtf and start to accelerate.

The intention was there, but there just wasnt enough time to do it.
But i do admit, we really shouldnt have done that, we should of just dropped back, followed the bastard, and when he stops somewhere, give him a kick in the face.

You've already admitted you went up to 35-40mph in a 30 and now you're saying you should have just kicked him in the face. Hmmm...I wonder if anyone has the number for Jersey police. There can't be many accidents involving 2 motorbikes running into the back of a car with police in attendance lately. Wonder what they would make of this thread
#56 - Migz
Go for it.

Wasnt 35-40 for very long though, just long enough to catch up and just go past them. As soon as i was infront i slowed back down.
Quote from anttt69 :jeez braincell you really pulled the stops out for that intelligent little gem didnt ya?

quiet down stupid.

A road is for cars with motors.
A road is for bikes with motors.

Hence why you need a LICENSE.

Why should bike riders not require a license to ride on a road, yet hold up traffic and are generally a constant nuisance?
It doesn't matter how long you were over the speed limit, it's still breaking the law.

Its like saying "I only shot him once"... So? you still shot him.
Quote from Klutch :A road is for cars with motors.

Hence why you need a LICENSE.

Why should bike riders not require a license to ride on a road, yet hold up traffic and are generally a constant nuisance?

Cause our main goal is to piss you, not anyone else just you off.
If you actually think about it a bike takes up the same space as your self standing up give or take a few cm for the handle bars. Let alone most road lanes are made for a car and half width or even two depending on the road, and then there are the small one laned roads.

Seriously not a thread to discuss this topic let alone there's been talks of what your suggesting and its just not financially viable to do it.

What age do you ride a push bike vs a motor bike? Yeah you'd be asking parents to pay for a licenss for their children who may only ride there bike around there house or even street, and then the adults who may get out more but not everyday.

Im just shutting up now, you want to discuss this open another thread or pm me.
A friend of mine got a reckless driving ticket for pulling someone on roller blades using his moped. That's how strict cops are where I live. Up to $2500 fine and up to 12 months in jail if you drive recklessly. Also, supposedly you get a day in jail for each MPH over 80mph. So if you're pulled over doing 100mph, you're going to be in jail for 20 days.
i was looking at dirtbikes a whiie back and found this type that wouldnt lock up no matter how hard you squeezed the lever, you should do research and equip for maximum braking power.

i think it was a brand called venom or something.
Quote from AstroBoy :
What age do you ride a push bike vs a motor bike? Yeah you'd be asking parents to pay for a licenss for their children who may only ride there bike around there house or even street, and then the adults who may get out more but not everyday.

Thats the stupidest thing i've ever read.
What would a child be doing riding on a road in the first place i have no idea.

Footpaths are made for a reason.
That's why I like Colorado. My bro was giving me a ride in his T/A and he decided to hit 140 mph down the highway. Only one person turned out in front of us, then immediately goes right back into the lane he was previously in. How nice of that guy!
-
(JJ72) DELETED by JJ72
sorry... I just thought that day was cool. But dude about the bike incident, I'm so sorry that had to happen to you. Some people don't respect bikers for no reason. And sorry for the double post... someone's post was here 5 seconds ago.
The proportion of bikers I see misbehaving on the roads far exceeds the proportion of car drivers, so I say **** 'em.

I've had bikers pull out from lay-bys on me while I was doing 70 and then trundle along at 20 waiting for their mates to pull out while I desperately try to slow down enough not to turn them to sludge, I've had bikers decide to overtake me on a single-lane road while I'm signalling to turn right, I've had bikers squeeze themselves through tiny gaps between me and oncoming traffic, and I've even had one guy give me the finger because my car didn't magically disappear while he was busy doing something ****ing stupid and life-threatening.

And it's people like me in cars who are blind and idiotic, apparently. To those bikers: You're only alive because I'm not as ****ing stupid as you are.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :That's why I like Colorado.

See, I told you I knew where you live. You still owe me $1000 gRiP dRiVer!!!!

Quote from mrodgers :See, I told you I knew where you live. You still owe me $1000 gRiP dRiVer!!!!

Ok, what part of Colorado?
Holy shit, Kev is back!
Quote from Klutch :A road is for cars with motors.

the road is for vehicles with wheels.
Quote from george_tsiros :the road is for vehicles with wheels.

So this allows me to ride a quadbike, Dirtbike, and Gokart on the road?

You are not allowed to drive unregistered and unlicensed vehicles on the road, therefor i dont see how pushbikes are an exception.
some vehicles with engines need registration (the license is for the driver).
quads, motorbkes and karts need registration, probably, where you live.
on some roads, some additional restrictions apply, indirectly. minimum speed on the highway is 50kph so if a vehicle is not able to go that fast is (indirectly) not allowed to be on the highway. also most highway codes do not allow bicycles etc.

the initial idea of yours "roads are for cars and motorbikes" is, at best, inaccurate.

there is law, however, in almost every country, that dictates where you may and where you may not go with a bicycle.
i doubt in australia you are forbidden to go with a bicycle on the road.
Quote from Klutch :
You are not allowed to drive unregistered and unlicensed vehicles on the road, therefor i dont see how pushbikes are an exception.

OT: I think its a government incentive for lazy people on low incomes to get off their backsides & use there legs. Its quite a privilege to be able to use the roads without being taxed, taxed & taxed again.

Pushbikes ftw!
Quote from jibber :Holy shit, Kev is back!

Indeed. Who's going to tell him that nothing much has changed? *edges away*

Quote from Klutch :You are not allowed to drive unregistered and unlicensed vehicles on the road, therefor i dont see how pushbikes are an exception.

I am a cyclist, and I live in bicycle freindly Cambridgeshire, now I use the pavement a fair amount because it's safer from all those cars with the much more solid bodywork. You can't go quickly on pavements however, and most of the cycle lanes are just pavement that's had a bicycle painted on it and you're still dodging pedestrians. So usually the choice is between riding quickly with the dangerous cars, or riding slowly past:...

The granny buggy.

Yes those little reenactors of the Dalek invasion all wanting the lead roll as Davros as they go out to get their pension are a nightmare, not because they're slow, wide, take up the full cycle path/pavement, stop inexplicably and meander purposelessly but because they're armed with the much respected elderly citizens who've got it into their head that cyclists belong on the road, and they have umbrellas to prove it.

For the most part, if you avoid pension day, cycle paths are fine. Especially the ones that are longer than 20 metres because there's almost a point in crossing the dangerous roads to use them. I'm not so keen on the cycle paths that are part of the road (the little narrow ones that run alongside the traffic next to the big wide pedestrian pavement) because cycle paths should be uni-directional (otherwise I have to cross the road, twice) and they're usually littered with debris that if it was a road the passing traffic would have cleared, and I hate the ones that exist just for a junction to put you through a set of special cyclist traffic lights that are supposed to help me cross but in reality just happen to go green when the lane it's crossing is red anyway and the button doesnt do a thing (well technically, the button makes the "wait" thing light up, but nothing more).

Of course it would be much easier if the road was just safer, but a lot of car drivers do two really critical things wrong that make it quite dangerous:

1) They "slow up" by about 3 or 4 mph, when they need to slow down to the speed i'm travelling.

2) After failing to slow up sufficiently, and being confronted by oncoming traffic, the only option left to them is to squeeze past and hope that I have the skill, dexterity, poise and balance not to hurt myself in the miniscule gap ahead.

So far i've been very lucky, in the couple of years i've been cycling i've managed to avoid you all so far, but sooner or later you'll get me. I'm sure of it, on the grounds that "If at first you don't suceed try and try again.".
Quote from george_tsiros :quads, motorbkes and karts need registration, probably, where you live.

I swear to god you type the stupidest shit sometimes.
You comepletely missed what i was saying.

You CANT ride Quads, Dirtbikes, and Karts on the road due to them not being registered.
Therefor, why should a pushbike be allowed?

I would much rather a quad/dirtbike/kart infront of me than some idiot on a bike looking like hes about to fall onto my car.
because a bike is allowed on the road, by law, without a registration.

is this not fact?

Idiotic Drivers
(100 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG