The online racing simulator
Season 2010: Applications

Hello Racers !

With this posting, we now start the applications process for the 2010 GTAL Season.

The rules are pretty much finalized, only a couple minor adds or corrections left at this point. Restrictions are the only unconfirmed part, but that will be sorted in good time as well.

Restrictions currently stand at 20% for FZR, 23% for FXR, and 25% for XRR. These may change before season start, and as such, we will allow car selection change up until the first qualifying of the season. The rules will be updated to include regulations pertaining to car changing in the season. These will be similar to how MoE and IGTC handle such matters.

Now, to apply your team for a potential slot in the 2010 GTAL season, you must send an email containing the following information to newdimensionracingevents (at) gmail.com using the subject line "GTAL Application for <Team Name>"

Team Manager Name and LFSWorld Name
Team Vice-Manager Name and LFSWorld Name
Team Name
Team Car Selection (which may be listed as TBA)
Team Driver Name and LFSWorld Name, one line per driver. Indicate previous racing experience in LFS. There is no limit to how many drivers may be included in the application.

Once your application is submitted, we will transmit an "Application Recieved" email to you. We will then consider the application and make a decision on acceptance. All decisions and discussions will be kept internal until after the applications deadline has passed.

Deadline to submit applications is Saturday, October 3*, 2009, 23:59 UTC. Final decisions and acceptance status information will be sent out within 72 hours of this deadline.

Please contact us here with any questions you may have, or to that email address.

Thanks !

dekojester

* Changed from September 26, 2009.

34 Applications Received so far
Application send... :turtle2:
Will applications from teams that completed Season 1 have any preference over new entrants ?
#4 - J@tko
Quote from Turbo Dad :Will applications from teams that completed Season 1 have any preference over new entrants ?

Teams that competed in season 1 will have some preference over those that didnt

Put it this way, its an extra tick in our box
application send
#6 - J@tko
Quote from MoMo92i :application send

We've got it

A reminder to all teams - PLEASE make sure the subject of your e-mail is "GTAL Application for <insert your team name here>" [EXACTLY that and nothing else], because each time you don't, a small kitten dies in South East Asia. And deko gets angry.
deko is angry and small kitten died in South East Asia.I didnt insert name in subject
Quote from ivantod :deko is angry and small kitten died in South East Asia.I didnt insert name in subject

Okay, a small kitten didn't die. It was instead a small lemur that jumped out of its natural habitat, went to the UK, and attacked JO53PHS and tried to get money off of him, but failed, so went back to plan again.

But now, each time from now on that someone doesn't use the specified subject line, another lemur will join in the attempt to burgle Ellis.

Also, if you wish to change yoru application at any time, simply send an email in reply to your original email informing us of the change.

d
#9 - Fuse5
For that sole reason I would be more than happy to send you atleast 10 applications without any subject whatsoever
i sended aplication and havent got any reply( SimRacing Lithuania Team) have you got it?
Quote from Fuse5 :For that sole reason I would be more than happy to send you atleast 10 applications without any subject whatsoever

+1
Quote from oldnavy :i sended aplication and havent got any reply( SimRacing Lithuania Team) have you got it?

Yes, we have received it.
Quote from J@tko :+1

Yes, we have received it.

sorry email arived but after about 20 hours
We have made oure application.
We've recieved 8 applications so far, lookin' good, keep 'em coming .
Don't forget to reject the fast teams, I didn't pay you for nothing...
is it possible to add more drivers, after the application has been send?
Quote from Flingoko :is it possible to add more drivers, after the application has been send?

Yes, you may. Please send an email replying to your initial application email with the changes you wish to make.

d
ok, Thanks
12 Applications so far.

Deadline is the 26th. We of course, may elect to extend the deadline into October, but for now, we are keeping the deadline. We will inform if this deadline changes.

d
another question:

what is (at), in the email.

newdimensionracingevents (at) gmail.com

is it this: @ ?
Quote from Flingoko :another question:

what is (at), in the email.

newdimensionracingevents (at) gmail.com

is it this: @ ?

Yes, it's the @. I do it with the (at) to try and thwart spam.
okay
We have received 16 applications so far.

I am extending the applications deadline to run for another week, going until Saturday, October 3rd, 2009 at 23:59 UTC. We were planning on having a test race early in October, but it will not be until later in October. We will have information on that in the next week or so. Since the test race won't be for a little while longer still, I see no harm in giving an extra week for applications.

Anyone who has applied before this posting will not receive an accepted/declined message before the originally planned date, those will come before the day is out on October 6th, 2009.
This is sad, and bad for the league. C'mon people, SIGN UP! I would love to see a 30 cars grid, but I guess thats dreaming Gonna talk to some Swedish and Norwegian teams, to get their ass up here
Its gone quite quiet around here , think we need some more promotion of the league .
Not seen the banner at the top right advertising the GTAL ? LFS News maybe?
Let people know there are still places available , and they will come

Season 2010: Applications
(157 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG